Sunday, January 21, 2007

The future happens

LONDON (Reuters) - Folic acid supplements may boost brain power in the elderly and could possibly help reduce the risk of dementia, scientists said on Friday. Brain function, memory and the speed with which information is processed decline as people age but researchers in the Netherlands and Switzerland have found that taking folic acid can help. Folic acid is a synthetic compound of folate, a B vitamin found in green leafy vegetables, yeast, liver, beans and in some fruits. Women are advised to take folic acid before conceiving and during the early months of pregnancy to prevent disorders such as spina bifida.

Beans, beans, the musical food. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel. So why not eat beans for every meal?

1969….”Hammer is born with the sole purpose to put an end to all this dirty hippy nonsense”. Hum, that little snot nosed whipper-snapper is the same age as my kids. By the time he is my age he will be just as cranky as I am. And see the world differently than he does now. At the rate things are going the world may be a pretty ugly place by then, time will tell. Anyway, I’m not clear what he means by “dirty hippy nonsense”, but I think that is just a generalization. Meaning there are ways about this planet that he doesn’t like and would like to see them changed. It seems that we have the same purpose, to change the world. And we are not alone, there are others. Maybe Kirsten even though she is confused about who she is. KB is a good soul trying to sort things out, folks like that. We talk about the past, and have a lot of interesting stories about our pasts, but they are our pasts.

But our real concern is the future and making it right. HOWEVER….. There is a fucking problem. The fucking future is happening while we sleep, work, play, shop and take care of the things we need to take care of. The fucking future is running ahead of us fucking up all over again before we even become aware of it. Argh !!!!

How can we determine and shape the future when it is already fucking history by the time we read and watch the news? These fucking monkeys killed those fucking monkeys. This fucking greedy business monkey got caught screwing many people, umm, maybe they are monkeys also but that is beside the point. Should you really be screwing your fellow monkeys? Etc, etc. You call that evolved?

So you see, here is the fucking problem. [Umm, so God likes to fucking swear on fucking Sunday, get the fuck over it] THEY ARE AHEAD OF OUR FUCKING PARADE !!!! We know that there are problems, we believe that we have some solutions, but they won’t get behind us. They won’t let us lead the parade, get behind us and listen to us, do as we say.

Ah hell, it’s a wasted effort isn’t it? Trying to fix the world is just a waste of time, it continues to go to hell. I really should just sit back and observe because it simply isn’t my time.

Bah, welcome to the future, it’s fucked, it was fucked before you got up and read this. Good morning, welcome to the fucked up future. Have a nice day.

My cats are idiots, and so are yours, and so are your dogs. If you don’t believe me just watch them closely for a while. They have the fucking attention spans of gnats unless they are hungry, or horney. Just watch any cat or dog as it goes through the day. It doesn’t do two things at one time. If it is fucking around (and lets face it, that is mostly all cats and dogs do) and if it gets an itch it stops what it is doing and bites or scratches it. Dogs and Cats are good at two things. Not placing a lot of demands on you and wanting more things (unlike mates) and giving you some love. But don’t think for a minute that it is unconditional love. Even dogs and cats have conditions.

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. [They just don’t have much to love you with]

I've learned that your family won't always be there for you. It may seem funny, but people you aren't related to can take care of you and love you and teach you to trust people again. Families aren't necessarily biological.

I had a dream last night, a dark haired lady wanted me for a mate and was trying to talk me into it. And she seemed like she meant it and would be a good mate. Stupid dream.

10 comments:

none said...

lol good post.


Dirty hippies are my name for clueless monkeys who think they are doing good with their marches and sign waving when in actuality they are just in it for the sex drugs and TV coverage.

BBC said...

Well, Hammer. I don't think that everyone out doing those things are into it for the sex and drugs and such. Or the TV coverage.

Most of the folks at our protests are people around my age. The druggies and free love folks seem to be somewhere else, doing their thing I guess.

And if they are at protests, I think it's because they truly don't like all the greed and wars. They just toss in drugs and sex for a bonus. Or something like that.

paris said...

Hmmm! I'm dark haired will I do?...maybe it wasn't such a stupid dream after all....

paris said...

ps I posted....

BBC said...

Ah, Paris, you little sweetie. You might do, but remember, you are married. Hugs.

Dr.Alistair said...

protest......hmmmm. so many agendas being met there. some good, and some, well.........can you say viral marketing?

BBC said...

Hum, viral marketing. That would have to be explained to me.

Sarah said...

I was thinking of taking Folic acid ans B12 sups. Might still do it as I keep forgeting things like where the hell my car is .. lol

oh and I like monkeys

Raghav said...

thats so fucking funny and also so fucking true, but as you may already know (since u r so fucking old) truth is over-rated.

Sewmouse said...

Ahhh, I see "Dirty Hippie Nonsense"

Well, that would explain a LOT.

*nods and revises opinion*