Hammer tagged me to talk about childhood toys. Boy, I can’t help him much, I just never had much in the line of toys as a child. My parents both worked and had money, but my parents were for my parents, us kids were poor. I just don’t recall much in toys from my childhood, and certainly no collections. Well, there was my booger collection, but I kept it at Sewmouse’s house under every ledge I could find. LOL.I tried to get my sister Bev interested in a booger collection but she preferred to eat hers, yuck. Umm, does shit on the end of a stick chasing my sister’s count as a toy?
I recall an occasional metal truck to play with, and a old train set that someone had given us, but those things didn’t last long with the fuck head brother I had.
My teen years were spent with a fishing pole, an old blanket and a pillowcase to pack a few things in as I wandered around in the mountains. I did have some sort of bike most of the time, and a dog. That was about it.
It’s okay, I don’t care, I got over my childhood, now I have kites, a radio controlled boat, a radio controlled airplane that I’m very good at crashing. And soon, a nice camper retreat. Oh, and a number of fishing poles that people have given me, but I only use one of them, it works great for flying the kite.
Terry stopped by yesterday, I haven’t seen him for some time. He keeps inviting me out for a free meal but I just never get out that way. I worked with him a lot for about three years, doing repairs, new construction, remodeling, things like that. For a while I opened the café and cooked the breakfast shift also. I showed him the rig I ‘invented’ to spray the foam in spray cans onto surfaces, he thought it was very cool and that I should patent it. Na, getting a patent is a pain in the butt, been there, done that, and I don’t care to make money off of something like that. Anyone that wants to know how to do it, I’m happy to tell them how. It was nice to see him, I really do need to get out that way someday, they serve damn good food out there
Granny's Cafe
Dan called me a moron, I called him a moron right back, he, he, he. He gives folks way to much credit for being so special and never having issues. I guess he thinks that he and all his readers are perfect but all they do on his blog is go blah, blah, blah until he gets 200 comments to brag about, big whoop. Hell, I wish I was perfect, but I know that I’m flawed.
Happiness is a camp/travel trailer. Okay, something like that is a retreat to me. And it’s going to be nice to have a highly mobile one so that I can get away to quite places.
The heavy roofing that I mentioned Rick bring to me the other day is actually some type of PVC material, like the tarps that truckers use, only much heavier. It must have cost a lot of money, I’m thankful to have been given it. It’s ten feet wide and twenty-three feet long, I put it over the camper with the black side up so that the sun warms it up faster. That should allow me to work on parts of it more, right now there is a lot of frost or condensation in it every morning. I had it rolled out in the driveway to warm up when Terry was here and he offered to help me put it over the trailer but I didn’t want to do it right then. He wasn’t sure I could do it by myself but he’s seen me figure out how to do lots of things by myself so he didn’t push it.
It wasn’t hard I clamped a pair of vicegrips to one end and attached a rope to them, tossed it over the camper and went to the other end and pulled it over. I have another friend that is very good at figuring out how to do things alone also, hell, we could figure out how to build pyramids. Well, at least I’ve built homes alone.
Yesterday I worked on chopping on the last load of firewood (picture) that Helen got. Actually, I work on it a little most days. I’m chopping up the rolls on the right and stacking it on the left. The roll I have done so far will last her about a month, depending on the weather. I try to keep two months worth of chopped wood on hand for her. On the far right, out of the picture is a roll and a half that is the current stock being used. It’s good exercise and helps keep me in shape.
A bit about Helen. Aside from being the most pleasant and cheerful woman I’ve ever known, she does have her quirks. I really want to paint her kitchen, it really needs it. But every time I bring it up she starts steaming so I drop it. She has never smoked or drank, or driven a car, and swears very little although she loves the art of swearing and doesn’t care that I do. Once in a while when she is with me and I’m swearing at what a stupid monkey driver is doing she might say something like, “Yeah……. Motherfucker”, and then she giggles. And she loves risque jokes, good people she is.
And I think that she likes a little shock value once in a while also. We were at a bar one night, I was singing karaoke, and she went over to another table to talk too the folks there, picture a little old lady saying as innocently as a three year old, “I like to fuck.” Boy, that gets everyone’s attention. LOL
Anyway, it’s laundry day again here at Polly’s Honky Tonk Saloon and Whorehouse. Have a good day everyone, be peaceful and un-needy. BBC

14 comments:
My camera must have had a little moisture on the lens taking it from the warm room to the woodshed. The picture is foggy.
Sorry about that.
No I'm not. LOL
Thanks for doing the meme.
I miss doing karaoke but I don't have a designated driver anymore so I sing in the shower or in the car.
Have a good one BBC.
I don't go out much anymore either, Hammer. I don't get very drunk when I do, but these days any amount of booze puts you in jail if you get stopped for some reason.
Shar got a DUI a few months ago because she forgot to turn her headlights on. I can relate to that, with all the street lights in a city sometimes a person forgets to.
Just having a burned out taillight bulb can get you in jail if you have had three beers.
When I do stop at Beer Church I make sure I get home before nine. And I keep it to a 3 or 4 beer limit.
*VIGOROUSLY scrubbing all ledges in the house with TSP and bleach*
Is that the interior of the camp trailer there? I'd get claustrophobic wayyyyy too quick, I fear. Looks like one heck of a major project, however.
I started knitting a sweater. No claustrophobia issues there!
Umm, she must be pulling my leg. :-)
Hell no Sew, Helen's wood shed is a lot bigger than my camp trailer.
Yup, it's small, but I've lived in trucks long hauling and some of them had nothing much more than a bed behind me. The cabovers anyway.
It will be fine for what I'm going to be doing with it. I'm not needy that way.
pyrmids? no, you can`t figure out how they were built.
they`ve been here for a fuck of a long time. long before the egyptians arrived, that`s for sure.
Hammer just "tagged" you to discuss your childhood so that he could attempt tio psychoanalyze your current behavior. Why else would anyone ask about your childhood?
Your booger collection and scat on the stick must have an award of some sort. But kids will be kids.
I could care less how the pyramids were built Alistair. Or how long they have been there. Or Who built them. But if they open up a vault and find an automatic transmission or something else really cool built in that age I'll find that interesting.
Building the future is what I'm interested in. I'm sure that things will be built using nano technology, one nano particle at a time. Now that will be cool and interesting.
Yup, toss some soy beans in a device on your kitchen counter and tell it to make you some peanut butter cookies.
It will be a while yet before we can do that though. For now, just send me some damn cookies and no one gets hurt. Hugs...
I’ll tell you why Wiñai …. Because Hammer is a lot like me and we find each other interesting. Weird and learning minds like weird and learning minds. I can picture him and I and Einstein sitting around a campfire, we would really enjoy it.
Einstein was twisted and had a twisted sense of humor, a lot of people don’t realize that. Most of the great things on this planet are because of twisted people, the ‘normal’ people are just biding their time here. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Hammer makes some great contribution to mankind in the future. Right now, he’s just working it out.
Anyway, I wrote tomorrows post hours ago, but it just happens to be about some of my childhood and my first car.
I can remember a Betsy Wetsy doll I had, my brothers went and hide in the attic never did find it I think it's in the walls or between the floors. They remmebr doing that to me and making me real mad but I didn't tell on them and I don't know why when we moved away the house went through many hands till one day my brother bought the house next door to the one I grew up in and he got to be friends with the neighbors and was telling them about the doll, my brother ask if he could search that attic and they helped him, hter was a hiden door in that attic and it all came back to my brother and on the otherside of that door was some loose boards up against the ceiling he pulled those boards up and sure enough that doll layed right there between the floors still that was about 13yrs ago and yes I have that Betsy Wetsy doll.
I had a Beddy Wetsy brother, Paris. God I hated sleeping with that fuck wit.
And sometimes we had to take baths together, and he thought it was a riot to shit in the tub.
That little fucker was lucky I didn't kill him when we were kids.
yeah, i`m suprised that my brother is still here too. fucker can take a punch.
nanotech......that`s a dicey one billy. google "grey goo" and see what some are saying about a rampant process with the potential to digest all matter on the planet and regurgitate it.......
So was screwing with nuclear energy doc. No one really knew but what it couldn't start some weird chain reaction. But we're still here. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes. I personally believe that it will be okay.
And if something we do destroys us, well, okay, nothing I can do about it. Damn, just in case, I think I'll go over to Ricks shop for a few last beers.
No point in any beer being left on this frigging planet if there is no one here to drink it. LOL
i think we`ll be ok too. nanotech fascinates me though so i poke around and see what others have to say about it.
Post a Comment