Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away, oh I believe in yesterday…. Great song, but lets get back on track.

Yesterday I chopped firewood for Helen and patched two holes in the roof of the camper where I had removed what was there. I’m kind of thinking of putting a skylight in the roof, but I don’t know, what do you think?

Then I took Helen ‘shopping’. Well, Helen hates to shop, and it’s hard for her to walk far with her tired and hurting legs. But a zipper in one of her favorite boots broke. So we went to every store in town that might have the kind of boots she likes, just plain rain type boots, nothing fancy. She sat in the truck while I went into the stores to look for something. Nothing, there is nothing in town that she would like. She is just good old country folk, they no longer make simple things like they like anymore. Everyone likes to be on an ego trip trying to make themselves happy. Sigh, well, they are in good shape except for the zipper, I will figure out how to fix them myself.

Do you actually find blogging stressful? I do, but I didn’t start a blog to just have some fun, or to make money pushing something. I started my blog wanting to change the world by explaining that mankind is God in evolution. That will be a year ago in April, I guess I haven’t done a very good job of it. It’s okay, it takes time, and it’s a journey. Mankind just doesn’t want to accept it at this time, so many are still suckered into believing old teachings. Or simply not knowing what to believe.

Anyway, I need a little time off, or at least to back off for a bit. I have one pack of cigarettes left and I’m not buying anymore (if I can help it). Watching the news and stupid wars, politics, writing my blogs, things like that, get me worked up. I have opinions (no shit?) and I like to share them with others. Even reading some blogs get me worked up. So I need to back off from that for a bit while I try to stop smoking. Please, don’t wish me luck, I don’t want any expectations to try to live up to right now. I’m going to stay away from the news and politics and such for right now but will post jokes, good and bad. Or maybe some quotes. Hell, I don’t know what I will do, I take one day at a time.

Poor pussy, one of my pussy’s has a cold. Hopefully it will be better in a few days, or I will take her to the vet. This was their first winter and I think they didn’t realize that cold is not as cool as they took it to be. They sure did enjoy playing in the snow while it was here though. Cats aren’t cranks like humans when they get sick, they just bear it a lot better without complaining. She is spending a lot of time on the bed on top of the closet.

Hey… Dr. Alistair …. Just tell those stupid monkeys to shut the fuck up, that’s what I do. LOL. But I do love to argue with them. I’ll argue with them for forty comments, God loves a good pissing contest, but they usually go away long before that. God isn’t here to debate, God is here to teach. I sure hand out a lot of F’s. Some times it’s the only joy I get on this frigging planet. Hugs.

Wedding Anniversary….. Larry was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less than 6 seconds...AND IT BETTER BE THERE!!!"

The next morning Larry got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a gift-box for her in the middle of the driveway. The wife put on her robe, ran out to the driveway and brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Larry has been missing since Friday

Sometimes... when you cry... no one sees your tears.

Sometimes... when you are in pain...no one sees your hurt.

Sometimes... when you are worried… no one sees your stress.

Sometimes... when you are sick… no one sees your pain.

But FART!! just ONE time...

This likely a legend but it is an interesting story:

On one occasion Jesse James and his gang sought food and rest at a lonely farmhouse. The woman there gave them what food she could and apologized for the poor hospitality. A widow and deeply in debt, she was even then waiting for the debt collector to visit her to demand $1,400, which she could not possibly afford to pay.

Jesse James had the spoils of one of his bank raids with him. He gave the astonished woman enough money to pay off her debt, telling her to be sure to get a receipt from the debt collector. Then he and his gang withdrew to watch the road leading to the farmhouse.

Along came the debt collector, looking very grim. A short while later he emerged from the farm, looking altogether more pleased with himself. Jesse James and his men stopped him, recovered their $1,400, and rode off.

I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet.

This coming week is National Mental Health Care week. You can do your part by remembering to contact at least one unstable person to show you care. Well, my job is done!

CHICAGO (AP) - High blood pressure is controlled better in the United States than in five Western European countries, a study found, and researchers credit American doctors' more aggressive prescribing of drugs.

Hum, screw drugs, many people have high blood pressure because they don’t keep their bodies in shape. Shame on them, get some real exercise folks. Many people’s blood pressure goes up because of the pressures of life and their inability to deal with it. Well, learn to deal with it, I had to. I’m sixty-three and have near perfect blood pressure even though I see all the pressures, and live them. Some folks need meds for it of course, but many wouldn’t if they just changed how they do some things and ignored the needy lifestyles. And went and chopped some wood or spent more time in/with nature.

I know, when I got up this morning the future had moved on in front of me, well nothing I can do about that. Have a good day, go spoil yourselves some, I know you will, the Americans will anyway, they think it is some god given right or something. But I’ll still be fussing about wars and starving people. BBC

11 comments:

BBC said...

Are you sure you are not brainwashed? Or at least believe things that are not really true, like the old religions. Social influence happens every minute of every day.
How brainwashing works

BBC said...

I don't believe in ghosts, only in a spiritual world. But some minds are very easily tricked. That's why they make Prozac.
How ghosts work

BBC said...

Two guys are getting drunk in a bar talking. One was going on
and on about a hump motel he and his wife had stayed at.

"I tell ya," he said excitedly, "this place was cool. It had
a Jacuzzi, a sex swing, hell it had a contraption that we just
couldn’t figure out what to do with--so I shoved it up her ass."

"Really? Hmmmm," his friend said.

"You gotta take your wife there."

"My wife? I’m not taking my wife, she won't do any of that stuff. I’m thinking I’ll take your wife."



Q: What does a NASCAR couple have in common?

A: DNA.


A policeman arrives at the scene of an accident, in which a car
smashed into a tree. The officer rushes over to the vehicle and
asks the driver, "Are you seriously hurt?"

"How do I know?" the driver responds. "I'm not a lawyer!"

none said...

Blogging pushes me to be creative and get me thinking instead of just wandering through life like a mindless robot. If it makes a little stress that's ok. I'm used to a lot of stress.

I could never get into smoking. I don't have the addiction gene. Thats proably one of the few good genes I was born with.

I like the Jesse James story, It reminds me of Dillinger robbing banks in the depression and burning farm deeds in the process.
It makes for a good robin hood story at least.

As far as medication goes, I went to the doctor for the first time in 15 years and they told me my Cholesterol was 110 and my BP was 5 points higher than it should be so they immediately wanted to load me up on medication even though everything was near optimal.

I told them to fuck off.

BBC said...

I kept going to doctors and they kept telling me they couldn't find anything wrong with me. That for my age I was in damn good shape. Good genes I guess, I can out work men ten years younger than I am. But they still wanted to give me drugs.

Fuck that, I just went off and figured out how to fix my head.

BP, five points. BFD, it can bounce up and down ten points all day long and be just fine.

I don't really need blogging to be creative. In fact maybe I should be out in the shop being creative.

Have a good day, Hammer.

BBC said...

As for smoking. I was raised mostly in a mining area. Everyone smoked, it's a hard habit to break.

But I should try while my lungs are still good. Hell, I voted for the smoking ban, I guess I should support it.

BBC said...

Study: Microwaves Kill Kitchen Germs.

Sponges and kitchen scrub brushes can be loaded with disease-causing viruses and bacteria.

So microwave them, scientists say.

Researchers soaked sponges and scrubbers in a disgusting brew of raw wastewater containing fecal bacteria, viruses, protozoan parasites and bacterial spores, including Bacillus cereus spores—known for being very hard to kill with heat, chemicals and even radiation.

Zapping at full power for two minutes killed or inactivated 99 percent of living pathogens. It took 4 minutes to destroy the B. cereus spores.

Duh, this is not new news to me. I understood that years ago without anyone telling me so.

none said...

Yep me too. Kind of a no brainer.

Sewmouse said...

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all.

He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.

Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose!
Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.

He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make you your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"

He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son...what happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 A.M., drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."
Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??" His son replies, "Oh THAT! ... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed, "Leave me alone, I'm married!!"

paris said...

A skylight BBC of coarse or mirrors on the ceiling...just because I'm married doesn't mean I can't be exciting.....and if you ask what the mirors are for....hmmm I just don't know

Sarah said...

Im with paris on the mirrors ! well not with paris but I agree with her lol

Bloging is a way to empty my head

I quit smoking all the time its not hard at all