Saturday, July 07, 2007

Back from camping - again

From a mind too complex for most to understand.

Boy, I remember as a kid I roamed all around the hills and lakes in Northern Idaho for a week at a time with just a blanket and a few things in an old pillowcase. Now I damn near fill up a pickup bed to go camping.

I wasn’t going to write about my Forth of July camping trip, I still have stories to write about my other recent camping trip. I just got out of town to avoid the monkeys and all the noise and fireworks and have some peace and quite but my trip turned out to be a deep spiritual retreat/experience so I will be writing about it some. I did take one of my porta potties so that I wouldn’t have to use a public toilet that some other careless and uncaring person has shit on but the restrooms where I went were clean so I used them except at night when I had to take a leak and didn’t want to get dressed and leave the tent.

When I turned sixty-two I got a national parks golden age pass for ten bucks, what a great deal, now I get into the park for nothing and my camping fee is only six bucks instead of twelve bucks a day. I went to the higher campground on the Elwha river, 31 sites there and they where all pretty much full when I left but when I got there on the morning of the Forth I had my pick of quite a few of them and had my camp set up by nine thirty, that area of the park is only about twelve miles from where I live.

It was peaceful there and well patrolled, and I got two warning bitches from a park ranger. First for leaving my food box on the table when I went for a walk. Hey, I had put a tarp over it, and I do put it inside at night. So the chipmunks, jays and camp robbers and I sat around all afternoon scarfing down Cheez-its and getting shit faced on beer, screw the little monkey ranger.

The second bitch was because I parked with one tire off of the asphalt on the dirt. *Gasp* How dare I put my tire on their frigging dirt, um, WTF? Hey, don’t tell anyone that I pissed on their precious dirt.

Anyway, I was delighted to learn that the road to the hot springs trailhead is now open so on Thursday I drove up (only five miles from the campsite) and had a wonderful time in a pool with spirit, goddess, and the cosmos. I’ll be posting about that later also.

I used my favorite pool about thirty feet above the trail and it was rather amusing to look down the trail and see a man hiking along wearing nothing but a packsack and a straw hat. Okaaaay, it seemed kind of weird but nature lovers do all kinds of things up there. I get naked in the pool put I’m pretty sure I will never go hiking naked. Whatever, it’s no place to go if a person is a prude but it is one of my favorite spiritual places and experiences.

So….. The picture is of my tarp shelter over the picnic table, it’s seven feet high at the ridge and five feet at the ends, and the cool thing is that I can put it up alone. I cut two pieces of ½ inch water pipe about 18 inches long and I drive them into the ground a ways and they keep the center poles upright. Then I lay the ridgepole across the table, lay the tarp over it and pick it up and set it on the uprights. Then I install the corner poles at the ends, it’s easy. And friend Rick made me a nice 5 ½ foot long canvas bag to store all my tubes I’ve made for camping.

I’m done wasting my time with the crazy chick, I don’t mind the crazy, she has the harmless type of crazy, but she just isn’t going to work out, I’ll be posting about why on my other blog after I write about it. She is an okay human friend and experience but I’m a spiritual being seeking my spiritual equal, goddess, so that we can have a beautiful experience together. I may not find her but I will keep looking.

Is there anyone left out there who does not yet understand that our government is a plutocracy?

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

3 comments:

sumo said...

Pictures BBC...it's called photography...always be at the ready to take a pic of a naked person! So you were sitting in water...we need pics of the unusual! Glad you had a good time.

BBC said...

Sorry Sumo, I forgot and left my camera in the pickup in the trail head parking lot. I wasn't going to hike back 2.3 miles to get it. :-)

Anonymous said...

A naked hiker you say? Sounds like that scene in Deliverence.