First a joke:
A young cowboy from Montana goes off to college, but half way through the semester, he has foolishly
squandered all his money. He calls home. "Dad," he says, "You won't believe what modern education is developing! They actually have a program here in Bozeman that will teach our dog, Ol' Blue, how to talk!"
"That's amazing," his Dad says. "How do I get Ol' Blue in that program?" "Just send him down here with $1,000" the young cowboy says. "I'll get him in the course." So, his father sends the dog and $1,000. About two-thirds through the semester, the money again runs out. The boy calls home. "So how's Ol' Blue doing, son," his father asks. "Awesome, Dad, he's talking up a storm," he says, "but you just won't believe this - they've had such good results they have started to teach the animals how to read!"
"Read!" says his father, "No kidding! How do we get Blue in that program?" "Just send $2,500, I'll get him in the class." The money promptly arrives. But our hero has a problem. At the end of the year, his father will find out the dog can neither talk, nor read. So he shoots the dog.
When he arrives home at the end of the year, his father is all excited. "Where's Ol' Blue? I just can't wait to see him read something and talk!" "Dad," the boy says, "I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just before we left to drive home, Ol' Blue was in the living room, kicked back in the recliner, reading the Wall Street Journal, like he usually does. Then he turned to me and asked, 'So, is your daddy still messing' around with that little redhead who lives in town?' " The father exclaimed, "I hope you shot that son of a
bitch before he talks to your Mother!" "I sure did, Dad!" "That's my boy!"
The kid went on to be a successful lawyer.
The UU Fellowship picnic yesterday was okay, for a human experience, but after a while I wandered down to the beach alone for a while and then took a walk around the campground. When I returned to the herd they were fixing to leave so I took down my shelter and came back home. ‘Crazy’ was there and we spoke to each other a few times, I wanted to hug her but I contained myself, there is a lady friend from California visiting her, I spoke to her a bit also. I sent Crazy an email explaining some things I’ve never had a chance to tell her before so maybe she understands me a bit better now, maybe not.
Hey, put the fucking commas and periods where you want them if you don’t like where I put them. (Hugs)
I was brilliant yesterday, took all the things out there that I should have, including extra folding chairs. I was stupid yesterday, forgot to take my camera. Stopped at Albertson’s on the way and bought a reusable shopping bag for 99 cents. Some folks there really admired how I designed my shelter so that I could put it up alone. The other shelters required a number of people to put them up.
Yesterday I said “I don’t post many of them but it’s interesting to me that when I’m discussing something I often am provided with a comic or quote backing up what I’m dealing with at that presice time in time and space. Not sure how that works and I’m not going to spend any time trying to figure out how. If it works it works, that’s all I need to know.”
Then in a comment I said “Actually, I just figured out how it works. It’s part of my collective consciousness at work.” …. But I didn’t figure out anything, I’m not smart enough to figure out such things, I wasn’t even trying to figure it out, my mind was busy with other things when the cosmos popped that information into my head. Terri is a higher evolved part of my collective consciousness for example.
Terri…. I don’t sense that UU’s use their Fellowship halls as a protection against anything. But as a way to congregate together and share things. I’ve made many interesting observations in Fellowship events, but I make many interesting observations anywhere I go and experience during this evolution. They have some very interesting speakers and programs at times.
You said in a comment yesterday… “PS The UU s are about to cut strings with their Pagan congregations, probably because of the acceptance within Paganism for Polyamory (and almost any other sort of non harmful sexuality).”
I got to thinking about that later, the local Fellowship is strongly supporting gays, lesbians, transsexuals, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) people. In fact they just had a full page ‘ad’ in a flyer in the local rag bragging about that. I think the military does it right, keep it quite and don’t make a big deal about it, those folks that are screaming ‘accept me, accept me’ are just causing problems for themselves and their kind, it is going to blow up in their face. Or in time the local Fellowship will be not much more than those kind of folks. I’ve posted about GLBT folks before so I’m not going to babble on about it again other than to say I can live and let live as long as you keep it out of my face.
I’ve posted this before but will do so again….. Religious fundamentalists are motivated by the sneaking suspicion that someone, somewhere, is having fun -- and that this must be stopped.
Have a great day, hugs….. BBC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Shrink-wrapped scream.... Hon, my comment on your blog was in reference to bugs, not humans, a supposedly higher life form than bugs. Hugs.
Religious fundamentalists are motivated by the sneaking suspicion that someone, somewhere, is having fun -- and that this must be stopped.
..and even more so, they fear that if someone doesn't stop them, they'll end up having fun and not getting into heaven.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Sewmouse.... Don't you 'Bah' me, hon. You should be used to my sometimes weird sense of humor by now. :-) Hugs.
I thought the Episcopal church is the answer for those folks. I've never seen more homosexuals than at the Episcopal church. I could only go a couple times before giving up on it. I don't go to the local church down here where I live either because I can't get over the fact that the pastor sounds like such a homosexual when he's up there giving his sermon. I went twice and just said screw it, I'll lean on my own understanding right now. That suits me fine.
um, do dogs understand people .. interesting. Would prefer to converse with a dog than a people .. heh.
Post a Comment