Sunday, July 01, 2007

Camping story #6 – Camp Coffee

In the old days we made camp coffee by just putting the coffee grounds in the pot and letting them settle some before drinking the coffee. But I like my coffee strained through a filter like modern coffee makers. That mug in the picture is big, holds almost a whole pot of coffee. Years ago I made a PVC adapter ring on my lathe that sat on a glass coffeepot and I put the filter basket on it, then that plastic bowl on top of it.

That bowl has four tiny holes in the bottom of it to drip the hot water heated on the campfire into the filter basket. Only on this trip I had missed taking the filter basket, but I had a small plastic dish from a deli that fit in the adapter ring well so I cut slots in it to use as a filter basket. I had a glass coffeepot with me but discovered that my adapter ring would also fit on that big mug so I used it as it kept the coffee warm while I drank it. I screwed up and deleted all the pictures of the camping trip yesterday. When I delete things I use the shift key so they don’t go to the recycle bin where I can retrieve them later. Oh well. Good thing I had emailed most of them to some friends so I could retrieve them from the sent mail.

Shrink-wrapped Scream …. So you think that you would like to have me for a neighbor hey? Well, you may be right, the lady next door thinks that I’m the best thing that has ever happened to her. And she thinks I’m the most interesting and smartest person she has ever met. She gets my spiritual journey and she doesn’t think that I’m weird at all. LOL

In all my years I’ve always been a good neighbor, but I’ve have to train a few of mine. :-)

Yesterday, on the way to my birthday breakfast that Helen treated me too I stopped at the closed hardware store and loaded two free 8 foot tall shelf units that are 16 inches deep and 16 inches wide. They will come in handy, I offered one to the crazy chick. I also picked up three free wheelchairs yesterday. I make use of the wheels and some of the frame parts off of them.

In the evening I went to beer church and they had a cake there for me and I drank all evening for free. Everyone had a good time and no, I didn’t get drunk and was home at 8:00.

What we call 'Progress' is the exchange of one nuisance for another nuisance.
Without music life would be a mistake.

Spirituality is looking beyond the material dimension of your life and discovering something that's intangible but very important. I want to emphasize the importance of at least connecting with the spiritual power in yourself - especially because, in the world we live in, that isn't something that will happen by itself. There's a reason why you're here, and you have a spiritual purpose you need to accomplish - one of your life's most important tasks is finding out what that is.

Have a great day, hugs…. BBC

6 comments:

BBC said...

Oh, and as I keep saying....

Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.

I brought home a big piece of my chocolate birthday cake and will have it for breakfast in a bowl of milk.

Yum, yum...

Sarah said...

mmmmmmm... coffee! ... actually I am more of a tea drinker myself but dont hold that against me

Sarah said...

PS. happy birthday you old fart!

BBC said...

Thank you, Sarah. Hugs.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Hey BBC, sounds as though you enjoyed your birthday just fine. Thank you for taking the trouble to give me a mention, it made me smile. We sure could have used your help today, hubby was trying to erect a set of goalposts we'd bought as a birthday present for one of our sons. Eventually, he completed it with masking tape, and kept the box it came with, still two thirds full of nuts and screws, for another day.. hey, ho.

NewsBlog 5000 said...

Music is the only thing that makes me believe the human race is not doomed. It is also the only definitive proof we are more than just meat.