Sunday, July 29, 2007

Camping story #8

A lot of spiritual people hike in the Olympic National Park, usually alone, some of them may consider themselves to be Christians of some sort, but not church going Christians, the park is their church. When I go alone it’s always a very spiritual experience. When others go with me it’s more just a human experience because humans chatter a lot and don’t notice the magic of the park, Goddess. Well, I do, I just don’t share it with them very often. Alone I’m just with my thoughts, or cosmic thoughts I should say. I don’t talk, I listen. Once in a great while I will whistle a little, or sing the few lines of a song.

That picture is of a spiral someone made at the side of the trail, it’s about twelve feet across and I suppose that it has some spiritual meaning to them. The time I recently camped for two days on the Elwha I hiked up there, after parking the truck and getting out I spotted 22 cents on the ground, Americans are sure sloppy with money, I find change on the ground all the time. I left that 22 cents in the center of the spiral.

Spiritual people leave interesting signs (creations) in the park at times, there was the time when I was returning to the truck and spotted on the side of the trail that someone had gathered pinecones and wrote “WELCOME” with them. I figure that was a message from Goddess, so I gathered more pinecones and added “I LOVE U” for her. Those messages never last long, the cones get scattered. The day I was up there during the camping trip I gathered some and wrote “WELCOME” for her and added a heart. The spiritual people will know exactly what it means.

Sumo…. I used a pack of Jimmy Dean pork sausage in that casserole, I was given a case of it a while back.

Boy, it took me two hours to get that 24 foot trailer home yesterday morning, and it was only a half mile away. The lights were all messed up on it, most of them didn’t work at all. I wanted at least something that resembled brake lights. I took tools and a test light with me, also some wiring. Managed to get power to one tail light so I switched the wire to the other brighter brake light wire, then ran a wire over to the other tail light assembly and attached it to that brake light wire. Turning on my park lights when stopping made it appear that the trailer had brake lights. The license plate tab was expired also, but I had taken the plate for my camp trailer and put it on it to make it appear legal. Billy is a sneaky little bugger at times. Permit? I don’t need no fucking permit. LOL

And it has a lot of stuff in it, tent, Microwave, TV, and other misc. ‘stuff’, I think Lisa is a packrat. LOL
I put the tent up to see what it is like and it is in good shape, may come in handy someday.

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:

BBC said...

Grandma always told me: "The squeaky hinge gets the oil, so get out there and start squeaking!"

Who lied and told you life was fair? This is Earth, not Heaven!

Ripple said...

That sounds like a really nice place to go and be one with nature. All we have is this regional park close by and the Ocean is a mile away down a trail. It's Ok for awhile but the park has many people with their various parties and then there's the ice cream truck driving around with its stupid monotonous "pop goes the weasle" song playing over and over like a broken record. There are some National Forests close by, but you gotta be careful because of cougars and bobcats. My wife even saw a bobcat on the hill we like to walk on in the neighborhood close by where we live.

BBC said...

There are a few bears and cougars in the park here, but that doesn't stop me from hiking in it. I'd rather get killed by a bear or cougar than a crazy monkey in a car. I've seen one bear, it was following me, wrote about that in an old post. I've seen one cougar but I was in my rig at the time.

Besides, I pack pepper spray and sometimes a gun. A gun isn't legal in a National park but I feel that I have the right to protect myself.

The kind of folks that use the park here are peaceful folks, and there isn't a lot of them. Most monkeys want to drive around and here you have to hike to the good places.

Other than campgrounds I don't do commercial places. And the park campgrounds have nothing in them other than the campground hosts may sell firewood.

The cougars that are a problem here are the ones that come to the edges of towns and get pets and sometimes kids.

If I were to die in the park, hey, it's a great place to die. With any luck I wouldn't be found, just returned to the earth. Beautiful way to go if you ask me.

Of course if I die in town I want them to pile up driftwood at low tide, toss me on it and cremate me while they party around me. With any luck at all some of the women will dance naked. LOL

BBC said...

Yeah, happy nude pagan dancing.

I find it amusing the folks worry about bears and cougars, yet drive cars and fly in planes fearlessly, as if there is no danger in it.

BBC said...

Read this ladies cool post

BBC said...

Remember, right click on it and select to open the link in a new window.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Since things have simmered down here a bit from the usual twinkie throwing pace for a bit....a few random thoughts I've had for some time. These aren't a challenge, a gauntlet, you need not even answer...they're just a few thoughts I've had as I've read you.
I am the omnipresent spirit of this living planet
I'm curious if you've ever ran into any others with similar claims, or who claimed to be God? If so, did you engage them in conversation? Was there a final agreement on who really rules the joint, did you decide to share the power/load, or did each just leave, knowing the other was "wrong?"

I left that 22 cents in the center of the spiral.
What made you think (or assume) that whatever, whoever created that spiral, or whatever that spiral may have been representing, was in any way materialistic? Did you consider that display of materialism might be offensive to them?

The spiritual people will know exactly what it means.
Us Psychologists have our our "code of communication" that nobody understands except other psychologists, and insurance companies; programmers have their's; but most ominous to me, is the Reich Wing Jesus Freaks also speaks in such a manner, with a clear cut reason: to deliberately hide things. If spiritualism is (or should be) the "main" objective in this life, why didn't what or whoever made Spiritualism, make it more readily accessible, and understandable to Joe Sixpack, and why is it necessary for you to explain it in detail to the rest of us? Have you ever been accused of being a David Koresh, or similar type? How did you respond?

Again, I want to stress that this is in no way a challenge to you or what you believe; what you do is fine with me. They're just some questions that's been stored in my mind for some time.

sumo said...

I think that is good sausage by the way. You're quite the handyman aren't you. Always doing for others. Maybe you should be president eh?

Grian said...

the future was yesterday:

First of all twinkie throwing? That's really funny. :)

Second, I know your comments were not addressed to me, but I feel like addressing them a little bit. Hope that's cool.

I claim to be God all the time - rather Goddess - but some difference. We are all One and all Goddess. Every living thing comes from the same energy that created it. Energy can not be created or destroyed only transformed. Thus, we are all made of the same stuff - and are that same stuff... God/dess.

My interpretation of the money and the spiral: The spiral was most likely a representation of the cycles of life - the cycles of all things - the eternal nature of everything. The spiral is a common symbol of the Goddess and other Earth Religions. And the money that BBC left was a nice offering; a symbol of sharing your "harvest" with those who have less.

Oh, and I'm a spiritual person who knows exactly what BBC meant by his gesture.

Cheers!

Grian said...

that was meant to be "same difference". :)