I don’t mind a few of my camping cooking things getting black on a campfire, I clean them up when I get back home. But my pancake maker is a two plate hinged rig that I don’t want getting black. So I cook pancakes on my single burner propane stove.Molly doesn’t much like her dog food but she sure could scoff down pancakes and Cheez-It’s. So the picture posted here isn’t very exciting, get the hell over it.
Yesterday I made a center pole for my tent. It’s free standing once it’s up, but takes two people or a pole to get it up. *A pole to get it up…. lol* The pole can just stay there after the tent is up, so I put clothes hooks on it to hang things on, won’t have to toss my coat, pants and shirt on the floor when I go to bed.
Shrink-wrapped-scream… I’m a very handy person and can fix and make most things myself. But not all men are as handy as I am. Hey hon, get your hubby some bungy cords, rope and ‘grizzly tape’ and all will be well in your world. And the tape may come in handy someday if you want to shut him the hell up. LOL
Also, I went through my stock of aluminum tubes and made up tubes to make a 8X10 shelter over a picnic table, and figured out how to put it up alone if I have to. Projects like that are when my metal lathe comes in really handy. You don’t own a metal lathe? Well, nanner, nanner, nanner. (He, he, he)
Went to The UU Fellowship yesterday also, ‘Crazy’ was there and we sat together, after the service I took her for a little spin on my Honda scooter. But in truth, I think that my deepest spiritual side is too heavy for her, we’ll see. And now this update, I suspect that she has discovered my blog even though I haven’t told her about it. And she is still talking to me, how cool is that?
There is a new Safeway store just a few blocks from me, they built it about two years ago. I walked over there the other morning for some milk and they are striping the tiles off of the floors. I asked the checkout girl why the floor was being replaced already and she said that they were going to the ‘lifestyle’ design like in the store in town.
What the fuck? I’ve never paid any attention to the floor in the one in town when in there. My lifestyle is just frigging fine without them changing the floor, how dare they decide what my lifestyle is. I wonder how much money we could save on food if they wasn’t always doing crap like that. My place has some used carpet and the area where my computer desk is is still the old wood floor and I’m just fine with it. See, it’s crap like this that is so hard on the planet, does anyone really care? I don’t need that crap, I need a hug, okay?
I believe in You! And I wish you enough! But not a thing more. It’s too hard on the planet.
Have a great day, hugs….. BBC

6 comments:
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) - More bicycle riding and other lifestyle changes are urgently needed to reduce climate-altering carbon emissions that are damaging Asia's health and could also threaten the economy, the World Health Organization said Monday.
DUH !!
My last boyfriend could always get it up by himself. He does that allot.
Melissa, u'r funny. :-)
Well...BBC...thanks so much for stopping by and putting me out of my misery over the beer church. Great idea...throw one back for me next time. Do you guys (and gals) talk about sports and such? I'm wondering if you ever complain about us bloggers that get your goat sometimes? I'm also not quite clear on the spirituality quality you speak of...I admit that I've generally equated that with religion. I realize that is't an option for you apparently...certainly not for me...(godless as they come)! But perhaps you mean the spirituality of that which is around us...our earthliness and the things that we should take care of that we live with.
I guess I could give you that hug... but I think you will be ok to get it all by yourself ...
mmmmm... lifestyle change what a wank ...
You've got it spot on, Billy.
Failing an absolute decimation of the human population on the planet, what would save her is all of us realising how little we need to get by, and be happy.
Our crime stats have just come out for the past year, and my contention is that it's not poverty and not drugs and alcohol causing this. It's just people believing they need lots and lots and more and more...things to have a happy and meaningful life.
I guess they learn the truth some time, but by then it's too late.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Post a Comment