But I think I will post it again for my new readers.I never feel more given to
than when you take from me,
when you understand the joy I feel
giving to you.
And you know my giving isn’t done
to put you in my debt,
but because I want to live the love I feel for you.
To receive with grace
may be the greatest giving.
There’s no way I can separate the two.
When you give to me,
I give you my receiving.
When you take from me,
I feel so given to.
Song "Given To" (1978) by Ruth Bebermeyer
than when you take from me,
when you understand the joy I feel
giving to you.
And you know my giving isn’t done
to put you in my debt,
but because I want to live the love I feel for you.
To receive with grace
may be the greatest giving.
There’s no way I can separate the two.
When you give to me,
I give you my receiving.
When you take from me,
I feel so given to.
Song "Given To" (1978) by Ruth Bebermeyer
I’ve talked about this before, but my life is based on giving what I can because I believe in a magical cosmic karma that what goes out is returned in some way. And it’s not like it costs me anything, so much stuff flows to me that I often have what others need. Yesterday a lady was looking for a basketball hoop for her grandson, yup, I had two of them here so I took her one.
Sometimes, if I’m pretty fond of someone I give gifts of time and labor, or ask for very little money anyway, as long as I get gas money I’m happy. Like the last time I was at ‘Crazies’ for about five hours, I asked for some money, she gave me twenty bucks, that was fine with me. Sometimes I make a hundred bucks an hour off the stupid rich people, it all evens out in my mind. Yes I call her ‘Crazy’, but don’t misunderstand me, she’s a special kind of crazy that I like. It’s just too bad that the situation is what it is, but she has got another boy monkey in her life. It seems like a strange relationship to me, what little I know of it, but he never seems to be there much for her, well, maybe the sex is good. But again, I don’t know.
Anyway, after taking the basketball hoop to the lady I went to another place and picked up nine free treated 4X4 fence posts that are eight and ten feet long. They will be very useful to me as I extend my storage area. Boy, they had been set in cement, time for me to start admitting that I’m not forty anymore and that a hundred pounds is starting to be a struggle for me to pick up. I also got other loose lumber that will come in handy, my storage extension will cost next to nothing.
Then I went to another place and picked up two free filing cabinets, a louvered by-fold door, an interesting plastic queen size bed frame, and some other items. I’ll give the filing cabinets away as I don’t need them. Also the bed frame as I have in storage a nice four poster wooden queen size frame and head and foot boards. But there is no point in my setting it up when I have slept alone for years now and just sleep on a single bed.
That is a picture of the boat I just swiped. It’s sort of a canoe style only wider and with a hard chime, made to stand up in when fly-fishing and is twelve and a half feet long. I’ve never had a hankering to go fishing for flies but it will be handy on camping trips to the lakes, can also be used on the sound in good weather.
I made the dolly yesterday, from an aluminum window frame that the glass was broken out of, and two wheelchair wheels. Because everything had been given to me it just cost the price of a few screws to make it. When I start using the camp trailer maybe I will design a system to put it on top of the trailer.
I already have an electric trolling motor and a ten horse Honda four cycle gas outboard so I’m pretty much set to go boating now.
I don’t work from a script, I make it all up as I go along, that is how the cosmos works because there was no plan in the beginning. Everyone that knows me well, lives around me, knows that I’m a renegade running my own parade. Just like Jesus and many others before and after him. It isn’t a very big parade, and folks come and go from its ranks, but a few of the most advanced minds have been with me for some time now. Complex minds have a lot in them, and I show others all that is in mine, that’s pretty spooky to a lot of folks. Hey……. BOO !! LOL
Terri, a lady in Egypt that thinks she has God given powers put a curse on me, I’m sure that she would like to see me dead but I’m still kicking.
Judge your success not only by what you've become, but by what others have become because of you.
I was just kidding about swiping the boat, it’s just more fun to say it that way.
Have a great day, hugs…… BBC

8 comments:
The owner of a golf course in Kentucky was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from the University of Kentucky and I need some help.
If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?" The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everything but my earrings."
You gotta love those Kentucky women.
MADRID (Reuters) - Women in the northern Spanish city of Pamplona, world-famous for its ferocious bull-running festival, are demanding their own version complete with cows instead of bulls. "Cows, as well as bulls, have four legs and a natural instinct to run," says their manifesto. "An encierro for cows, would put Pamplona at the vanguard of traditional fiestas with equality for men and women."
Cows have a natural instinct to run? I swear, I’m surrounded by frigging idiots. A cow doesn’t run unless it is bothered, excited. Are they going to kill the cows also? Have a hug fest with them? Get rid of the bull run and then they can stop fussing about equality.
I saw the thing on TV about the running...and they mentioned that the bulls had all been killed in the area and they celebrated wildly. I hated that!
They also still hold bull fights there, go figure!
I love the way you recycle everything, even people. You're alright, bonny lad..
The GIFT is what awareness IS, so each of your stories gives the spirit of appreciation a boost, I shared this link with my 87 year old dad because you wrap every word in the foil of experience, keep reflecting . .
Pissed off another middle=eastern lady there, BBC? You're not having much luck in that neck of the woods. Not unlike GWB. Not that you are at all like GWB, thank Goddess.
Hope you have a lovely day. I've been agonizing over color placement on your quilt. Don't tell me not to do this. It's all part of the process. I love it as much as any other part.
Rearranging the bits to make them fall into the right places to make my own visually "perfect" combination is more than 1/2 the fun.
The Egyptian lady was undoubtedly unaware of her Divinity-she can't curse you without cursing herself.
We have masses of people unconscious of their God-ness in Africa.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
You quote a song
Yet you claim those who write them
Are wasting their Time
(As if you knew)
Is writing a poem about life
That much different
Than writing four paragraphs
About something as tedious
As a gas regulator?
Post a Comment