Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For our youth

We should always build the future for our youth, and build our youth for the future. We don’t do a very good job of that.

Looking for some adult humor? Prudes should not click on the link. Adult Humor

I spotted a free table saw on Yahoo Freecycle yesterday and when I went to get it, it turned out that I know the man. He’s in Rick’s shop at times. So he showed me his nice garage and we talked about things for a while. His wife raises and sells goats, maybe I will buy a goat from her, when I was a kid I liked goat meat.

I suppose that per capita that this area has about as many shootings as any area, but being a smaller area it’s big news when it does happen as it’s not a daily or weekly event. I’m lacking some details, like was drugs or booze involved but the lady that was shot was a 35 year old mother of two daughters. She had been dating a 41 year old man from the Seattle area and broke it off, for what reasons I don’t know.

He wanted them to try the relationship again and she refused so something inside him snapped and he broke into her home and shot her, then himself. Well, he did the world and court system a favor by removing himself but it’s a shame that he shot her.

I’ve been through a few bad and stressful breakups, most folks have, but noting in me has ever snapped like that. In part I credit learning about life and how harsh it can sometimes be pretty young. And my studying a lot of psychology and a very good emotional healing class I took before moving here. My approach now is, “You don’t want me? Good, you’re not worth it anyway.”

One thing I’ve learned, and accept, is that I can only get along in a relationship with a good sensible country gal like Helen is. So I avoid the needy, spoiled and empire builders with attitudes, I just don’t want them in my life. She can find some other man to help her with her gathering. There are a lot of stupid men on this planet willing to do that, try to make her happy.

SYDNEY (AFP) - World governments focus too much on fighting terrorism while obesity and other "lifestyle diseases" are killing millions more people, an international conference heard Monday.

Fat people sure get upset if you point out that they are fat. When heavy people say that they are okay with being overweight they really aren’t. They are just lying to themselves as a way to try to make it okay. It’s easy to lose weight, don’t eat so damn much, I often only eat once a day, and small servings at that.

LORAIN, Ohio (Reuters) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama assured U.S. trading partners on Sunday that he did not oppose free trade despite making increasingly critical comments about multilateral deals such as NAFTA.

I have no problem with free trade in and of itself. But all the polluting transportation of it long distances bothers me. Still, I’m willing to buy something made in China so that a hard working woman in a factory can feed her kid or kids and keep a tin roof over their heads. Everyone willing to work for it should have a little shelter. As for NAFTA, I don’t know enough about it to have an opinion on it.

Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

15 comments:

BBC said...

LOS ANGELES - The number of homes facing foreclosure jumped 57 percent in January compared to a year ago, with lenders increasingly forced to take possession of homes they couldn't unload at auctions, a mortgage research firm said Monday.

American's often buy more home than they can afford, often because the woman wants a bigger or fancier home. Women are to needy and I'm often reminded to be thankful that I don't have a mate because they don't have the good sense that Helen does.

BBC said...

WASHINGTON - Inflation at the wholesale level soared in January by the fastest pace in 16 years, pushed higher by rising costs for food, energy and medicine.

No big deal, this is just the beginning, it's going to get much worse.

Piercing The Veil said...

It is too sad that some could not handle disappointment esp in failed relationship ...to the brink of driving them wild....

and much too scary to hook up with these kinds ...

obesity more often introduces a state of denial ...which makes the scenario worst .... it is kindd ironic that although it is more expensive to get stout and cheaper to slim down ...still a lot of people choose the former which they would regret it latter...''

free trade has its advantege and one nation should at least consider it not only for amity of nations but for the long term build up of one's economy ... and it would be evil to favor one country and dump the other ....(well this is the mentality if one considers that he is a citizen of the world and not of just a partcular nation)

thanks for alwys dropping by bbc...
i am glad you have helen to share a special friendship ... good day

anto

BBC said...

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian economic growth will slow to 1.8 percent this year and there is a risk of an even sharper downturn as weakness in the U.S. economy spreads beyond the housing sector, the International Monetary Fund said in a report on Monday.

I wonder how many Canadians are getting ready for hard times.

zirelda said...

I've been reading a lot of murder suicide stories lately. Scares me and makes me wonder what is going on. I don't know if there is more violence or if it is just reported more often.

I'm pretty much over items made in China. I bought a tv that died within a year and the recalls on things made there upset me. I suppose we are doing it to ourselves though.

BBC said...

America is becoming a more insane country, in part, greed is involved, expect to see more killings in the future.

A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

My opinion is fuck free trade, stick with fair trade i.e. you buy what you need from us for x dollars, well buy what we need from you for the same amount, no more, no less. That way noone can ever be pushed into economic wars and all trading partners stay on equitable, friendly terms.
Billy, you're totally right about greed, I watched a news report last week about a bunch of women (not my report, don't get on my cases ladies), all of whom had mortgaged themselves up the ass with variable rate mortgages and now the rate climbed they can't afford their homes any more. Most of these people had 3-4 bedroom homes, 2-3 bathrooms and most were single parents with 1 or 2 kids. Sad for the kids, but the housebuyer are just plain fucking stupid. Why am I supposed to feel sorry for a person who's made an incredibly ill-advised choice and is now paying the price for their percieved need for a big house? Buy what you can afford, no more.

BBC said...

Having said what I did. Those that don't own their own home should start putting money away for a down payment.

Sometime around the end of the year might be a good time to buy one as it looks like it will be a buyers market.

billy pilgrim said...

if today's youth are as smart as they think they are then they can fix things when it's their turn.

judging by their use of cell phones and credit cards, i don't have a lot of faith in them.

BBC said...

That's the problem, everyone wants the next generations to fix things. And the newest ones are spoiled and want to remain so.

It will tank, no getting out of it.

Karen said...

"We should always build the future for our youth, and build our youth for the future."

Great thinking!

Kalibitch said...

"He wanted them to try the relationship again and she refused so something inside him snapped and he broke into her home and shot her, then himself."

~GULP~

Big Pissy said...

what kali said..... :(

Woozie said...

Gulp thirded.

My line of thought says in this situation, the Second Amendment is your best friend kali.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a prude so you can bet my fat ass wil be up half the night looking at that adult humor site!