Two friends are discussing politics on Election Day, each trying to no avail to convince the other to switch sides. Finally, one says to the other: "Look, it's clear that we are unalterably opposed on every political issue. Our votes will surely cancel each other out. Why not save ourselves some time and both agree to not vote today?"
The other agrees enthusiastically and they part. Shortly after that, a friend of the first one who had heard
the conversation says, "That was a sporting offer you made." "Not really," says the second. "This is the third time I've done this today."
….
Into the local pub comes Paddy Murphy, looking like he'd just been run over by a train. His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken, his face is cut and bruised and he's walking with a limp. "What happened to you?" asks Sean, the bartender. "Jamie O'Conner and me had a fight," says Paddy. "That little shit, O'Conner?" says Sean, "He couldn't do that to you, he must have had something in his hand."
"That he did," says Paddy, "a shovel is what he had, and a terrible lickin' he gave me with it." "Well," says Sean, "you should have defended yourself. Didn't you have something in your hand?" "That I did," said Paddy, "Mrs. O'Conner's breast, and a thing of beauty it was, but useless in a fight."
….
I read a lot of world wide news everyday, is it just me or does the world look more ugly to you also? Over population over stresses the planet, especially considering all the things humans do. I guess that instead of getting all worked up over all the killings I should just look at them as a cool form of population control?
I got some of the apple tree trimmed yesterday and then went to the beer church for a few hours to visit with my friends there but soon got bored and came home. Not that I’m an expert at trimming apple trees, my theory is to try to kill it and out of spite it grows back stronger. I do know that vertical branches don’t produce fruit so it’s okay to remove them, or weigh them down for a few weeks to train them to go horizontal. And to cut just before or after a bud depending on what you think you want it to do.
Hey, have a great day, simply, hugs…. BBC

27 comments:
Trimming apple - or any tree, for that matter - is an Art indeed -- or should i mention science.
depends on where the hormones produced by the leaf-tips go.
But, as a basic rule, long term observation of the behaviours within the "Natural" world (whatever the "technical explanations") - seems appropriate .. heh.
mmm, we had apple trees when I was a kid. There were so many apple trees they named our annual spring festival for them. The Apple Blossom Festival. Now it's just Blossom Festival and it's a bit hard to find apple trees around here. Ah well.
And yes, the world does seem uglier but I keep telling myself I don't really remember what it looked like 40 years ago and have no idea what it looked like 100 years ago except through books. And I'm not sure how much of that I can believe.
I posted about my apple tree last year.
It mocks me
paddy murphy is my type of dude!
but killing the tree? i thought all you had to do was cut out the bad parts..
Killing it was just my way of saying it, I'm not really trying to kill it.
But you do have to trim off the 'water shoots' and other new growth every year or they become monsters. They are worthless and drink up water the tree needs for the apples.
ok. What comes to mind there is Ogden Nash
I think that I shall never see
a billboard lovely as a tree
indeed unless the billboards fall
I'll never see a tree at all.
Thanks for the link! :)
maybe the world has always been an ugly piece of shit but today's technology allows us to see all the shit that's happening.
satellite tv could have provided some wicked footage of roman justice 2000 years ago.
i hear the that the vatican was a wicked piece of business centuries ago. their wickedness continues today.
Sure it has always been ugly, humans have not evolved properly. You can thank organized religions for a lot of that.
The real concern is the number of humans now, all wanting so much. I'll address this more tomorrow.
It's the opening of the Nascar season today. I used to be a big Nascar fan back when I raced.
Now it bothers me that it's so destructive and hard on the planet. Not that I think anyone really cares.
At least too few care.
Varying kinds of ugliness keep their cycles. Best you can do is push against the peaks and give a thought to the fruit trees now and then ;-)
So I'm out working on trimming the apple tree and the young man that is poking the young lady next door speeds up the street in his pickup and squeals to a stop in front of her home and gets out of his truck singing some gibberish about how he likes fucking her.
I'm amused that he likes the pork party but if he keeps speeding up my street I'm going to ream his ass out.
Tell the the guy who is enjoying his pork & beans next door to ease off the peddle in built up areas!
You could always use the apple tree trimmings to reinforce your point
Sounds like someone is jealous that they have no chance of getting published in the book War Child!
YES YOU!
Saw your comment on Lady in Reds Blog!
Very LOW indeed!
You need to get over yourself and stop attacking other good hearted bloggers you very sad man!!!
Grow Up ffs!!
Vi's biggest fan.... How about a nice big cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP !
Vi is just a drunken barstool queen that writes a funny blog entertaining her readers by constantly telling them about the stupid things she and her friends do.
I don't recall what I said on the Lady in Red blog, but what ever. Most folks don't like hearing the truth, especially the drama queens.
Hugs though.
War Child is fiction, I don't read much fiction, preferring to deal with reality.
Ah geez, wouldn't you know it. I've went and pissed off some more members of THE INSANE CHICKS SOCIETY.
*giggles*
*GRINS*
I think I agree with Billy. The world has always been rather messy but we are more aware of it nowadays.
oh , there'll be some horrid disease that'll sweep through eventually.
kill off a bunch of us
Nature's got her ways of handling pests
LOL, now Mon Knows Everyting has stopped allowing my comments.
No she doesn't, she is just a young spoiled housewife that still has a hell of a lot to learn.
Hell, she even lets her kids control the TV remote. That didn't fly in my home when I had kids.
In my home mommy and daddy was the queen and king and the kids were the kids.
I know that she loves her kids, but she is just raising brats if she lets them control the TV remote.
I think your blog is about the most honest writing I've come across. Funny at times. Rude at times. Brutal at times. But more often than not, you make sense. At least to me. But what the fuck do I know. Not much, I can tell you that. BUT, I do know REAL people when I come across them. I also know when people put on airs and are so full of shit, I wonder that's why they wear so much perfume, so you can't smell how bad they really stink.
Anyway - don't agree with everything you say. But I like that you put it out there so I can mull it over.
Kudos.
You have a lot to say about what should and shouldn't be done in the world. You claim to be very spiritual, yet you seem to think you are the God. (Maybe I'm confused - are you God or are you King? Maybe it's both)
You are free to have your opinions and discuss them. You are free to throw your written swords and insults. However, you are now calling people out by name and insulting them when you don't know them at all!
You have no right to tell anyone how to raise children - because, obviously, you were raised without any respect whatsoever for other people. You claim that you are out to stop us from ruining mankind and the planet? Thank goodness people don't learn from you and treat each other with the lack of respect that you treat people with.
Yes, like you, I'm a strong believer in things too. But, unlike you, one of my top beliefs is to treat others with respect and kindness - not to go on a rampage insulting people so I can go to bed and be proud of how many people I made cry that day. (Yes, your words hurt other people, because, unlike you, they have a heart)
Did you meet your quota of insults today? Did you make enough people cry? Yeah, congratulations to you for that.
Actually, we did not have a TV for most of the years that we was raising kids.
Because we had a fucking life !!
And we and the kids read books and played outside like kids should do.
We went camping and things like that, we were involved with life, these days kids are just playing computer games and watching TV and slowly becoming fat.
Can't blame it on the kids, it's the stupid fucking parents.
And don't come back on me that things are changing, change isn't always good, you idiots.
Has it ever occurred to you to stay rooted, to grow where you are planted?
I keep calling humans evolved monkeys, but I'm not sure that monkeys are not smarter than they are.
It looks like you are making friends everywhere you go! LOL. We had an apple tree in our front yard when I was a kid. I really loved that tree. I would climb it all the time and eat the apples. When we sold the place, the new owners cut the tree down. They cut all of the trees down. I was devistated even though I didn't live there anymore. I love trees, and I had so many memories in the ones around our house. I was always climbing trees as a kid. My husband and I both love nature, and we are trying to raise our children to respect it too. Thanks for your concern about us, BIll. That was very kind of you.
Have a great day.
Cecile
Ah geez, Misty Dawn came here to whine to me. So I went to her blog to reply and she has comment moderation, what a pussy.
We wouldn't want to step on her poor little ego now, would we?
Misty is a pussy, Misty is a pussy, Misty is a pussy.
No comment moderation here, say anything you like, even about me, I will allow it to stand, I'm that big.
And you women that bitch about me, you don't know me, and you wouldn't make a pimple on Helen's butt.
So what do you think of those beans?
Cecile, yeah, I love making friends. :-)
Commenty moderation stops insulting persons like yourself from leaving unwanted bad language on friendly blogs.
Treating others with the normal attribute of respect is very easy to do, but as you see youself as some sort of demi-god I guess such things are below you.
Post a Comment