Thursday, February 21, 2008

It’s – Um - Interesting [Updated]

It has come to my attention that a bitch that goes by Dr. Ethel has went to the trouble of making a blog so that she can leave comments on other folks blogs that would seem to be said by me. If you want to make sure it was me that said something right click on the link and select to open the link in a new window. If it doesn’t take you to my profile it isn’t me. I’ll address that some more tomorrow.

I mentioned a few days ago that I made a chocolate cake with a lot of peanut butter in it. It was a very good cake but you couldn’t really taste the peanut butter.

So on Tuesday I made a white cake and put a whole 18 ounce jar of peanut butter in it. And no oil like the cake mix box instructs. And you have to use more water than the mix says but I can’t tell you how much more, I just keep adding water until I’m okay with the thickness. A little difference one way or the other isn’t going to make any difference. I use an 8 X 11 metal pan and cook them at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. It’s okay, but I think I can do better, maybe if I had better peanut butter?

Yahoo Freecycle is pretty cool, I had a Canon Faxphone that I haven’t used for over ten years so I offered it on Freecycle and it was taken in just a few hours.

The apple tree is now trimmed, yaa !! I hate that job, boring. Some people that hate me read my blog, I guess so that they can get their daily dose of pissed off. LOL… I’m not always sugar, no one else is either.

I don’t know if this is true, maybe you can tell me if it is. I was over to Rick’s shop Tuesday at closing time and Allen was there and we were enjoying a few beers and bullshit when Allen started talking about going to a ladies place to do some remodeling and he noticed that she had a plastic sandwich bag over her door that had water in it. He asked her about that and she stated that people in Mexico (deep inside) put a bag or pan of water over their doors because a fly will not fly under water. Is this true?

Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

26 comments:

BBC said...

An American girl was visiting England and was invited to a party. While dancing with a stuffy monocled Englishman, her necklace became unfastened and slipped down the back of her dress. She asked the Englishman to retrieve the jewelry piece for her.

He was very embarrassed but wishing to comply with her request he reached cautiously down the back of her gown. "I'm terribly sorry," he said, "but I can't seem to reach it." "Try further down," she said.

At this point he noticed that he was being watched by every- one in the room which made him feel most
uncomfortable and he whispered to the girl, "I feel such a perfect ass." "Never mind that now!" she cried. "Just get the damn neck- lace!"
.....
A murder has been committed. Police are called to an apartment and find a man standing, holding a 5-iron in his hands, looking at the lifeless body of a woman on the ground.

The detective asks, "Sir, is that your wife?" "Yes." "Did you hit her with that golf club?"

"Yes. Yes, I did," the man, answers. He stifles a sob, drops
the club and puts his hands on his head.

"How many times did you hit her?" "I don't know. Five...maybe six ...put me down for a five."
....

FOUR DINNERS said...

Well that explains the Mexicans....

I'd bake a cake but after my attempts at a curry which resulted in chicken vindaloo on the ceiling I'm banned from the kitchen apart from getting my beer from the fridge.

Cece said...

WTF, are you ill? Where is Billy and who is this alien that has taken over his body? This is not the post I expected today, hopefully tomorrow you can do better! I hate to bake. I don't like to cook either, but when the mood does strike me, I do an awsome job. You see, I have many hidden talents.

BBC said...

Good morning Cecile. I don't know what you was expecting but the posts here vary a lot.

I like to cook, I cooked the breakfast shift in a cafe for a while to help out a friend. Got fired though when I got on a waitress for not sanitizing her work surface before preparing cold items.

I'm a bit of a stickler about having a clean surface where un-coooked foods are prepared. Well, in a cafe where we are responsible for the health of others, at home I'm a bit sloppy.

I'm not a world class chef, but I turn out good basic meals. The other day I made a crock pot of split pea soup and put pork sausage in it instead of ham.

It's really good. That reminds me, I'm out of bread.

*wanders off to make a pan of bread*

Behind Blue Eyes said...

You're just a jack-of-all trades aren't you?

BBC said...

Okay, the bread is in the oven.

BBE, I have many skills, that is true. They have served me well over the years and saved me tons of money.

If I didn't cook there wouldn't be any decent food around here. Helen's idea of cooking is instant oatmeal or a can of something with to much sodium in it for her.

So I cook her meals and take them to her place. Sometimes I eat with her but mostly I just eat my meals here as we have different times we like to eat.

BBC said...

And I have a wide range of friends so if there is something I can't do I most likely have a friend that will help me or tell me how to do it.

I have one friend with some heavy equipment if I need the use of it and he would only charge me for the fuel of running it.

And I help my friends, us country folks are like that.

BBC said...

I do charge casual friends a bit for what I do for them, but just 15 to 20 bucks an hour.

They can call me or a shop that charges 60 bucks an hour, it's their choice, I don't care if I work or not and turn down a lot of work.

A new Ron,ron,ron a new ron,ron said...

Can't get to grips with the xenophobia I'm seeing directed at the Latino community in the last few years.I live in a very high-latino populated community and far as I can tell they're plenty nice, hard working folks looking to better their lives just like everyone else.'Course there's bad guys in the community, but every time I see on the news of another meth lab being busted, it's always Whitey. Seems middle class white people have forgotten that they stole this country from the original inhabitants less than 5 generations ago, all this Christian, chest-beating "close our borders" bullshit is just more fearmongering, in my opinion. Do you think that if the natives had the gift of foresight, they'd have closed the damn borders too? Is white america just afraid of a repeat of their own actions in the 1800's? I think so.
You gonna send me a cake, Billy? Just 200 miles down I-5...

Piercing The Veil said...

good day ... i did not know you know how to bake? cool

well sometimes or more often we have our own way of doing things ... basing from our tastes and preferences albeit the how to do guides or manuals

what is important is to do things right and quite more your own way ... it does not hurt not to be a conventionalist...

good time with your friends again huh? well today is my dad's birthday .im kindda upset been trying to cal him up but i cant reach him ... well ill just have to try it again latter...

have a nice day
anto

BBC said...

Boarders are stupid. As far as I'm concerned anyone that wants to can come here. That is as long as they are good people.

And a lot of people that are here would like to go somewhere else to live but a lot of countries make it hard for them to do that.

If everyone could just go where they want to live it would all even out.

I don't think I'll be sending you a cake, Ron. But I may wander down there some day with one, got beer?

BBC said...

I don't think that America is going to be the great land of opportunity much longer. So maybe there is no point in worrying about it, others won't want to come to a poor country.

BBC said...

Welcome to America, got beer?

*snickers*

Löst Jimmy said...

Good post by Ron there!
Well said.

Bill - finished all the white cake go, I like peanut butter but I think it is different here from what you get in the US?

As for water at the door, I worked in Mexico for a time, and never saw this particular custom but then again I haven't seen every region

Hope your day is going good over there

All the best

Jimmy

Texas said...

Hey BBC...I dunno what you did to summah but she shut off her comment section.

I read some comment of yours about her running away with you and you jumping off the Tallahatchee bridge.

She must be controlled by the evil toast...

The King

BBC said...

I haven't looked at her blog today, her running away with me? That's news to me, we barely know each other and she can't decide if she hates me or likes me.

She is just under a lot of stress and lonely, give her time to deal with it, hopefully she'll make a comeback.

Seems like a nice lady to me.

BBC said...

We all have to deal with our problems the best we know how. Or..... Get away from them.

Anonymous said...

Don't know about the fly trick.

Try hanging one on your zipper and then go outside.

Let us know the results.

BBC said...

That woman is hilarious. And I think quicker witted than me.

zirelda said...

Never heard that about flies, but what do I know? Shoes fall off my stairs at night.

I do know that Bonnie had a bit of butter, but she said my butter's bitter. If I add it to my batter, it will make my batter bitter.

Sorry, that's what hit my mind when you talked about your cake. I've never thought about adding peanut butter but I bet it was good.

happy day to you Billy!

Cece said...

Na, I just expected a Rant, but got a cooking lesson instead. Plus, I like giving you a hard time. It keeps you young and on your toes, but it looks to me that there are plenty of other women who do that too. But they aren't a great as me! I hope you had a great day.

Piercing The Veil said...

re your last comment who was it bcc???? strange happening sometimes in the blogosphere ... and who was it who gave a chinese comment... do you understand chinese?

well take it easy pal ill look forward to hear more all about it tomorrow...

gud am

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miladysa said...

No answers to the bag of water and the fly question then...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jackie said...

Hmmm, well I have used a baggy of water with a penny in it... It keeps the flies away from your door. It really works. Something they say about the reaction keeps them away.

Oddities.

No, I'm not always sugar either... true, everyone has their bitter sides.