Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dump day


Dump day is very popular here, it only happens once a year, you can take all you can get on a load for ten bucks that goes to the food bank. Ironic that it’s on Sundays, won’t be as many in churches today, it’s a good thing. Get in line, check out others loads, maybe grab a few things, bullshit with others and drink coffee, go piss in the woods, it’s all good. The metals are on the top, they go to a recycling pile.

This place still doesn’t look like Martha Stewart was here, but fuck her. Someone should screw that woman, any takers?

It’s good to be optimistic and say that America isn’t going to hell, but it’s stupid to not do some planing and be prepared for hard times.

I went to Helen’s yesterday and it went something like this. “I need your ash shovel, I need to shovel some asses.” She giggles and says something about shoveling asses then says, “Don’t forget to clean it before you bring it back.” “Don’t forget to lecture me.” “Well get out of here before I think of something else.” She has a great sense of humor and has known me for years and understands me and thinks I’m the most interesting man she has ever met.

Random thought…. When the going gets tough the tough get naked.

Tomorrow I’m posting a poem, or maybe it’s a song. Some will think it’s raunchy, others will love it, whatever. Opinions always vary, the spirits have always been raunchy.

I guess it’s time to also toss one of my work coats as much as I hate to toss my clothes that seem to have become a part of me. And someday maybe I should fix that dent in the door of the truck, it was there when I got it.

Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

20 comments:

BBC said...

Helen will be going with me, because of her shot legs going for rides is about all she can do anymore.

She likes to stop at McDonald's for sausage biscuits. They may not be very healthy but at her age who cares, one needs a few joys in their life and I buy her anything she wants to eat, including all the chocolate she wants.

BBC said...

Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

BBC said...

A man gets up one morning to find his wife in the kitchen cooking, he looks to see what she's cooking, and sees one of his socks in the frying pan.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I'm doing what you asked me to do last night when you came to bed very drunk," she replied.

Completely puzzled, the man walks away thinking to himself, "I don't remember asking her to cook my sock..."

BBC said...

After I get the load off I'll go to a lady's place in the area and pick up a free ten gallon aquarium she offered on Yahoo Freecycle.

So I've got that going for me also.

zirelda said...

I remember going to the dump with my dad, when we still had a dump here. You could find the most interesting things out there and nobody cared if you took them. Can't do that anymore which is a shame. People throw away a lot of perfectly good items.

Have fun with Helen.

BBC said...

I just take pure junk, but am always surprised at what others throw away, and a lot of it could be recycled or passed on to others to use.

We'll have fun, we make a little adventure of it, going to the dump hasn't got to be seen as work.

Ah, I'm going to walk to the store for a Sunday paper to take along.

BBC said...

I went over to Rick's to see what he had loaded and there was a brand new satellite dish and two receivers. I brought them home, will put them on Yahoo Freecycle.

And I also grabbed two glass towel rods for the campers.

BBC said...

I try to make everything I do a nice little adventure. But I'm frigging crazy, ha, ha, ha.

BBC said...

Talking to myself is fun, I'm very entertaining.

zirelda said...

I never looked at going to the dump as work when I was a kid. Even though there was work involved it was more of an adventure. I miss those days.

BBC said...

So Zirelda.... Should we flirt with each other until others show up? LOL

BBC said...

Too late, I'm leaving now, will be back in a few hours, the rest of you monkeys be good while I'm out and about in the monkeymobile.

soulbrush said...

one man's rubbish is another man's delight...grin

you always seem to find excting things to do with your day.

what i like the most about your posts is reading about the adventures of 'helen and bill' sausage biscuits and choclate, what could be simpler? sigh

soulbrush said...

oh yes and i do love the way you talk to yourself until someone joins you, even when z has left the building! ha ha you do so cheer me up!
lots of people walking round this room today, not much privacy!!

BBC said...

It went very well at the dump only took about an hour to run over there and get the load off. I put a sheet of heavy plastic in the bed of the truck so after taking the metal off at the metal pile and a few heavy things off at the dump pit we just grabbed the end of the sheet and pulled the rest out.

*wipes hands, scratches ass* That went very well.

Now I'm going to work on the camper some and mow the grass while singing happy songs.

She was lying in the grass with a dildo up her ass....... LOL

BBC said...

It's not really a dump or landfill anymore, it's just a transfer station. All our garbage goes to Oregon, damn if I know why they would want it.

Nit Wit said...

They don't even have a transfer station in this county anymore so we export all our garbage. No landfills left. A simple pleasure is gone but at least the companies that take the trash separate it and recycle what they can. It must be profitable as there have been three new trash collection business started here in the last few years. All the big boys from the cities have moved in too. I've seen the separation operation of my garbage company and I would do that job if I had no other work but I don't think I would make a carrier of it.
Sausage biscuits, yum and the preservatives will help you last longer.

Leah said...

I love going to the transfer station when I go to my mom's in upstate New York. It's my favorite chore. I take my daughter and we have fun sorting everything and putting it in its proper place--our transfer station is really tidy and clean and well-run. I love to throw the bottles against the side of the giant bin and hear them smash. Childish, maybe, but what can I say. And I always find something good--sometimes even books.

We also make a morning of it with a cup of coffee and a muffin in the car. I can relate to you and Helen--a drive and a sausage biscuit. Lovely. Perfect.

Anyway...It makes you much more aware of what you're throwing out when you can't just put it in a big bag and leave it at the sidewalk on garbage days, like we do in Brooklyn.

Gadfly said...

While I admire you for it, I so can't do the "communal" thing.

I have my courteous threshold that I give everybody ... but other than strictly business -- everybody who is not my friend must stay the fuck away from me.

Strong arm salesmen who don't understand people on sight -- I will put those motherfuckers straight so quick they won't know whether to shit or go blind.

You may have guessed I'm not a "people" person *chuckle*

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"someday maybe I should fix that dent in the door of the truck"
Why remove your legacy now?