They are building two new bridges in town for the monkeys to wreck their little monkey cars on while fucking with their little monkey cell phones. The other day they transported a number of 135 to 155 foot beams through town, I live just two blocks off the main road so I went over and got a picture of the last one coming in. I’m guessing that it was a pretty tight fit on some of the turns they had to make. Those loads are over twice the length of the average truck and trailer. This little monkey has never pulled a load that long. The longest beams I hauled in my trucking days was 65 feet. I emailed that picture to some folks and George S replied with, “Wow! Thanks! I suppose they didn't bring them in by barge because we didn't have a local crane big enough to off-load them.”
I shot back with, “I'm guessing that the same loader that launches the Westport pecker extensions could handle them. I don't recall where they came from, was made, but I suppose once they got them on trucks they just decided to come all the way with them. They must be pretty heavy judging by all the wheels, and the speed that truck came up the hill by Traylor's where I took the picture.”
Actually, they needed rear steering units, so I suppose they trucked them so that they would be here rather than barging them.
New readers will want to know what a Westport pecker extension is I suppose. It’s a 154 foot yacht that is built here. You can get on the list if you have 35 to 40 million bucks burning a hole in your pocket because you don't pay your employees well or provide health insurance for them. Or whatever it is that you do to screw others out of that much money.
All religions are external, spirit is internal.
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs. … BBC

25 comments:
"According to Self magazine, one in four women say they have negative thoughts about their body during sex. See, why do women worry about these kinds of things? During sex men are probably thinking about some other woman's body anyway. Don't worry about it." --Jay Leno
NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Got a passion for buying sneakers? It could be a good sign, with a poll finding that people who buy three pairs of sneakers or more a year are far more likely to be a leadership type that other people.
*rolls eyes* You have to wonder about the monkeys that do some of these polls and the stupid results they come up with.
Hmmmm. A yacht. I don't much care for boating. Should I ever rise above my station as freelance writer/farmer and come to run a multi-million dollar company, I will have to find a better reason to screw over my employees.
When Westport came here looking for a place to build their new boat they promised high paying family wage jobs. That is about thirty bucks an hour now I believe.
But they have been chipping away at wages and I hear that some positions are under fifteen an hour now. And much of the work is nasty.
But what the hell, they have their company airplanes to fly around in, stay in fancy hotels and get treated as if they are important, and their own yachts. I'm sure it's all good for them.
We had a yacht builder here go under. Apparently not enough people in the gated communities were into yachting. And the rest of us can only afford canoes.
And don't be sensitive about being called a curmudgeon. I rather like curmudgeons.
I'm not sensitive about being called a curmudgeon. If you want to read a cute little book get a copy of
A CURMUDGEON'S GARDEN OF LOVE
By Jon Winokur, author of THE PORTABLE CURMUDGEON. Hum, I should look for a copy of that book.
I hope you don't mind but I'd like to continue a couple threads of thought from yesterday...
ORIGINAL THOUGHT:
One night when I was dreaming I think that I had one. It was one of those dreams where you realize that you're dreaming. I met up with this person in a long dark cloak. They told me things that I didn't know before... certainly not things that I conceived. I woke up and tried to write down a sketch of the idea but most of it was lost in that brief moment between sleep and awake when our dreams fade from our memory... I've been trying to get that thought back... maybe one day...
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
Though it's true what you say that we're only recycling the same old thoughts over and over and that we are no more advanced than we were when our species "evolved" to its present form there is a sensitivity about creative endeavors people have undertaken. I work in publishing and have been the victim of vultures taking my work and claiming that it was their own. People have printed stories and poetry (not always word for word) and attached their names to it. While I am intent on sharing my ideas and words and don't think that I'm James Joyce I am disheartened when I find that scavengers plunder my work (and it is work) for their own gain, especially when I present a lot of it in a very open manner. I put nothing up on my writing site that is not my own... pictures and words... and take that as a personal point of honor and integrity. It's not about money. If I was concerned only with money I wouldn't have done a degree in English and creative writing, I would have become a carpenter or an engineer or joined a trades union. The intellectual property of artists is not copyright protected by being published on a blog or website. Courts have ruled that this does not constitute copyright. This is an issue I deal with on a day on day basis in my work as an editor and as a writer. Many writers are afraid to share ANY of their work on the internet because of all the horror stories about things being plagiarized. We can't expect everyone to live up to the standards that we set for ourselves.
As Morgan said, the blogosphere is a diverse place where many ideas are shared, and I think that this is a good thing and that artists who choose to share their work without thought of profit have embarked on a worthy endeavor. However the last thing I'd do is encourage people to just plunder these artists work without any sort of permission. It's just disrespectful.
I hope that what I've said doesn't rub you the wrong way. It isn't necessary that we all agree about everything in order for us to respect one another.
Hopper, what the fuck are you on about?
As I was cleaning up my post this morning I thought I had an original thought.
*All religions are external, spirit is internal.*
But I'll bet it isn't an original thought, just something the cosmos tossed in my head at that moment. I'll bet it's been said before, many times, starting thousands of years ago.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Ha, ha, ha, don't make me laugh. No one is really coming up with anything new. They are just changing and recycling old stuff and takeing credit for it.
I have an IQ over 130 and I'm not assuming that any of us are that intelligent. It's just a place we are at at this time in time and space.
It's just an illusion we allow ourselves.
Yup, us monkeys love to think we are intelligent. Either we are stupid or the planet is, and I don't think the planet is.
bbc... let me put this to you another way...
a painter paints a painting... yes people have been putting paint to canvas for a long time... it's not a new idea... just how it's arranged is new...
the painter goes to sleep for the night and someone comes into their home and steals their painting and sells it the next day as though it were their own...
do you think that is acceptable??? do you think the painter should feel a bit pissed off??? do you see how some people might consider words arranged a certain way on a page (even though it's just the same old words everyone has been using for a long time) the same as a painter would see art that they created???
this is how I think about it... same as photography, architecture, many different forms of art...
and ok... in the end all to be all view of things there is no such thing as property... i agree with that... what i don't agree with it people claiming things as own when they didn't create them... people lose their jobs and are kicked out of school every day for this...
can you see where i'm coming from at all???
I say to just toss it out there and see if you can make some money at it, if they can, great. But don't try to tell me that it's all original works.
If someone accused me of using their stuff I would say, "Well, you'll have to go though all of recorded history to prove to me that it really is original because I think it's been around before."
How old are you? Did you just get off the fucking boat? LOL
What I mean, Hopper, is that you are just believing what others want you to believe because they want to try to protect what they think is theirs.
Well you know what. It's just all a bunch of monkey shit in the ruts of time and space behind us. Take a sack of chicken and sit on a nice beach or creek bank.
Take a female monkey with you and sex her brains out, you'll both feel better.
lol... maybe you're right... i'll let it go... pirates plunder away... ahoy mate... there be a merchant ship on the horizon...
Go buy a medical book, or one on natural herbs, it will be copyrighted. If there is a mistake in it that kills you can you sue the author? I don’t think so, read the disclaimer. Patents sort of make sense, copyrights don’t.
Sounds like everyone is having a great day over here.
As an artist. My work is all original. If I take it, the one I show is mine. Not altered, etc. And if you steal it you must really need it because your a looser.
Kind of like the guy who made a right on red into oncoming traffic today and tried to occupy my space. Mind you I was on my motorcycle. Wearing a royal blue shirt for a reason. So you can see my skinny ass on my big black bike. I beeped my horn right next to him. Took off and flipped him the bird. He caught up to me in the next lane and yelled at me for flipping him off. I yelled back that he should stop at red lights and not try to occupy space already occupied. He didn't get that he was wrong. We were stopped at a light by the way. All in a day in South Florida.
Have fun everyone. I will.
I've stolen every piece of art I have. LOL
That's the kind of crazy loads we used to screw with moving drilling rigs
It was kind of fun sometimes though. Running those massive Autocar "rig-up" trucks with elaborate bumpers made of half-inch steel.
Other trucks would get out of your way :o)
Well, monkeys need bridges too... to eh, monkey around on. :o)
I like the pecker extension-I mean the term, not the practice of. A while back I was with friends and a kid pulled up next to us with a huge spoiler on the back of his car. I laughed and said "too bad about your penis"...over course he couldn't hear me over the noise and if he had, he probably wouldn't have understood what I was talking about.
I thought I would work until I died, I loved doing things. Well, I still do, I just got tired of working for rich people with more money than brains wanting me to please them.
So I retired and just do the things I want to do. My little universe doesn't revolve around money.
Money is just an energy that flows around that the rich collect because they think it will make them happy.
Yeah, right, whatever. Happiness is sitting on a beach or something.
I mean, happiness is sitting on a beach sexing another monkey. Just saying.
You silly monkeys fuck everything all up with your wants and needs.
Post a Comment