Sunday, April 27, 2008

Free mower

Spotted a free lawnmower on Yahoo Freecycle, listed as not running but they didn’t want to send it to the landfill. When I went to get it I discovered that it was a very nice self-propelled model with electric start. It has some issues, needs some control cables replaced (I have some), an ignition switch and such, but the battery is good.

It also has a pull starter, I dinked with it for a few minutes and it started on the first pull, the six horse power engine is in very good shape. Not sure what I will do with it, already have a good mower here, but I’ll fix it up and sell it or pass it on through Freecycle.

Not that it matters, not with my view of the big picture. Small planet (really), 7 billion monkeys believing stupid things and doing stupid things, and there is the greedy rich and slobs to factor in. Looking into the future I see a planet in a shambles in ten years with everyone just trying to survive and being thankful for some shelter and a little food, we are on the very edge of extinction again. What do you see in the future?

Natural-gas vehicles hot in Utah, where the fuel is cheap. Troy Anderson was at the gas pump and couldn't have been happier, filling up at a rate of $5 per tank. Anderson was paying 63.8 cents per gallon equivalent for compressed natural gas, making Utah a hot market for vehicles that run on the fuel.
I expect that to change.

Well, we will still have some humor to keep us going.

A French guest, staying in a hotel called room service for some pepper. "Black pepper, or white pepper?" asked the concierge. Toilette pepper!"

An Australian scientist has invented a bra which offers more support and prevents a woman's breasts from bouncing up and down. After announcing his invention, the scientist was taken outside where a large group of men beat the shit out of him.

"Paris Hilton is going to star in a new reality show where she looks for a new best friend to replace Nicole Richie. So far the front-runner to replace Nicole is a No. 2 pencil." - Conan O'Brien

I ate some crawfish yesterday, well, one, never had them before, yuck !! But got them on sale so maybe they were too old, or I cooked them wrong.

AT THE WAR PROTEST YESTERDAY
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

9 comments:

zirelda said...

Don't like crawfish much. They taste like dirt to me.

The future? Frightening really. And sometimes I regret bringing Rach into a world like this. I had a dream once that I woke up and everyone was gone, like some freaky science fiction novel. I suspect that we will either figure it out or not.

soulbrush said...

have never had crawfish, wouldn't want to. hope you're okay after that experience!
there is no hope for the future, glad i won't be in it!

BBC said...

glad i won't be in it!

But you will be.

billy pilgrim said...

excellent deal on the lawnmower.

i'm envious.

Livia Indica said...

Well, you may not have liked the crawfish but you scored a free mower. I guess you're even?

Unknown said...

wicked free mower...always nice to find free things...we were driving one day and this man just put out a roto-tiller (sp) at the end of his drive way...so we stopped and asked is he was selling it....he said you want it...take it...it works perfectly and we have been using it in our vegetable garden for years....

have a wonderful Sunday Billy!

Aunt Jackie said...

I must say I love Crawfish Etouffe...

I am so fucking sick of Reality Shows. They can't get any worse... (Geez I shouldn't say that).

BBC said...

Guys might think twice about lying face down in creeks that have crawdads in them.

If they are bigger crawdads they might latch onto his dick. Just saying.

Löst Jimmy said...

well done on the lawnmower deal buddy,

have a good week over there