Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It seemed like a good idea

I was looking in my storage units for a large piece of material when I came across a toy train transformer I had forgotten I had. I have a number of battery operated drills but only one of the batteries is still good and they are expensive. There is electricity most places I use these drills so I adapted a cord to attach to one of the drills to run it with.

It runs it but not very powerfully, the drill needs more than the ten watts the transformer puts out. But then I hooked it to the lawnmower battery and it runs it just fine, so at least I have that going for me, I’ll find a use for the transformer someday.

I like the battery operated drills because they run slower and are great for driving screws and I drive a lot of screws with what I like to call my screwing device.

This is the day the president of the local chapter of THE INSANE CHICKS SOCIETY (TICS) is supposed to return to this area. I’ll bet she doesn’t call me though, I tested her thinker too much recently when I pointed out that she didn’t see that she was lying to herself, it got her tits all knotted up. LOL

A McLean, Va., elementary school principal who banned children from playing tag said the game may soon return to the school playground. Kent Gardens Elementary School Principal Robyn Hooker said. Robyn Hooker, love the name, I wonder if she lives on Hooker Road.

I got an email from Peggy asking if I would do some weeding for her, I fix things at her place when she needs little things done. I replied with…. Hon, I don't do weeding, I'm to skilled and in demand to bother with that. And I hate weeding, I just enjoy my weeds. LOL …I'll mow the lawn though. I sure wish it would stop raining so much so that I can get more done outside. I want to get the little pickup camper I'm repairing to where I can start going to the beaches and camping more. I think that is what retirement should be about. Hugs, Bill

She shot back with “Well, Bill, I guess we BOTH hate weeding.” LOL

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Warren Buffett, the world's richest person, said on Monday the U.S. economy is in a recession that will be more severe than most people expect. DUH !!!!! Get ready to be thankful for what you have. Hey, if he is the worlds richest man why doesn’t he fix this? I will give him credit for being a good philanthropist, but hey, he made his money off of wall street, you !! It’s not his money, it’s your money. Hello !!!!

MY ALTER EGO

Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

16 comments:

BBC said...

WASHINGTON - Paying for gasoline easily tops the list of economic woes facing families in the United States, according to a survey on how changes in the economy have affected people's lives.

3.76 a gallon here, people will just have to get used to it, adjust and life will go on. There was gas rationing in the 70's and life went on. Americans are not having to deal with anything that many folks around the world don't have to deal with all their lives.

Americans are so spoiled and whiny.

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Imports of Barbie dolls and other Western toys will have destructive cultural and social consequences in Iran, the Islamic Republic's top prosecutor was quoted as saying on Monday.

Maybe, I don't know, it's possible that Barbie Dolls help make girls too vain. Never had or played with one myself. Until I was 20 and discovered boobs and sex in the front seat of a 1954 Plymouth station wagon.

BBC said...

Some sun out there, if it doesn't cloud up and start raining. I need a decent day so I can spray paint a piece of material outside that is over 6 by 8 feet.

Just a few hours of good sun would be enough time, I'd better get it prepped and ready just in case I can spray it today.

zirelda said...

Some of my best ideas seemed like a good idea for something other than what they turned out. I like to call those ideas bits and pieces of The Grand Experiment. That's all life is anyway. If there was a manual I wouldn't read it. Happy Day Billy.

BBC said...

Yeah, Zirelda, America was a Grand Experiment and they screwed it up. Maybe it will be corrected in the future, there is always hope of that.

BBC said...

It’s all bits and pieces of The Grand Experiment.

I've never seen it worded that way before that I recall, but that's a pretty good way of stating it. You're doing pretty good thinking for someone your age.

BBC said...

My first fifty years I pretty much just lived my life, worked my jobs, had my experiences good and bad and didn't pay much attention to a lot of crap about the larger world. Or understood that I had been as much as brainwashed about a lot of crap.

Unknown said...

Hey Billy....

cool that you got the drill working on that transformer...neat idea....I have worked on making things into new and fun things...and have a few that weren't a huge success...but hey I figure it's all about learning...and if you don't experiment and try new things then what are we here for...lol...

How's the weather there today? Hope it's all sunny and delightful like it is here in Disney Land...lol

Hugs
Diana

BBC said...

It's started to cloud up but I have the material hung up and should get it sprayed soon. As soon as it's dry I can take it down, paint dries pretty fast these days.

Have fun in Dizzy Land. LOL

Karen said...

"came across a toy train transformer"

Cool!

As far as the weather here...

...hasn't rained in three weeks, unheard of in Michigan in April, already fire warnings out there, scary.

soulbrush said...

i must be wierd because i love weeding, it gives me such satisfaction to see the smooth clean beds/or lawn minus the weeds...
okay i'll weed, you mow.
don't talk to me about rain, it hasn't stopped here today!

Gadfly said...

Use the train transformer to recharge the lawnmower/drill battery :o)

After you charge it up, just rig some kind of timer on it. Give it 10 or 15 minutes a day to keep a full charge *shrug*

BBC said...

I have a timer, will try it on the mower battery.

BBC said...

Actually, I have a solar panel that will charge it for free.

Leah said...

Hey Alter Ego, I read your comment and now have to comment here--because you said you don't go back and read responses and I don't want anyone to think I'm a LAWYER heaven forfend...I LedOL because of course people must think I'm that, when they see criminal justice. But no, never in this life. I really have quite a bit of contempt for so many of them...although I'm sure law school is fun...I'm a sociologist...I don't hurt anyone, that I know of, just waste my own time...heh...

And yeah, Warren Buffett, where's my damn money?!

S@#$%t, I can't seem to stop commenting.

zirelda said...

Hey, thanks. That's a really nice thing to say Billy. You rock.

Löst Jimmy said...

Alright Bill?

That's a good post today.