If you are having a bad day and feeling sorry for yourself because you don’t have a mate, remember: Yours could look like a dick with buckteeth, that is a Naked Mole-Rat from Africa.I wasn’t looking to own cats, a stray had them in my yard, she got hurt just about the time they were old enough to be weaned, she went to the vet and never returned so I became their mother. I provide a home for them, other than that I don’t pay a lot of attention to them. Two are pretty friendly and demand some attention, the other two think I’m just here to feed them and won’t have anything to do with me.
Some quotes credited to George Bernard Shaw
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
A veteran journalist has never had time to think twice before he writes.
Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.
All great truths begin as blasphemies.
Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
An asylum for the sane would be empty in America. [Hell, anywhere]
Capitalism has destroyed our belief in any effective power but that of self interest backed by force.
Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.
Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
Do not try to live forever. You will not succeed.
Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does. (Ditto with women)
Human beings are the only animals of which I am thoroughly and cravenly afraid.
I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy.
Independence? That's middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth.
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

19 comments:
"Taxes are due next week. We all hate paying taxes, but without our tax money, many politicians would not be able to afford prostitutes." -Jimmy Kimmel
"Human beings are the only animals of which I an thoroughly and cravenly afraid."
Me too...
Actually, I'm leary of bears also, and women, some of them really scare me.
New here? Like poetry?
A lovely poem
another reason i wish i was irish.
love his thoughts on christianity:
"I don't know; it might work if anyone ever tried it".
what a great picture, is it real? ha ha? like the poem too, hey must go for that walk....later, hugs.
Bears? Me too. I used to think it was a phobia, but now I think it's just common sense-those things can hurt you.
I don't hate or even dislike them, but I don't particularly seek them out either.
Some women scare me, and I suppose some men. I don't hate or even dislike them....LOL.
Mankind needs a lot better teachers and mentors before getting around to trying it. And they need to burn a lot of books, at least discount them as foolish fiction.
My niece had a naked mole rat once. Kinda cute once you got over the shock of a completely bald rat.
Seems lots of people are afraid of human beings.
:)
so:
The only animals who are thoroughly and cravenly afraid of THEMSELVES are human beings!
Thank God I'm a genuine crow!
Crows never look in the mirror!
They look through it.
Thanks for the comments..
yes I agree : humans don't see what they should be seeing in the mirror.
you said:
a few years back after a visit from the crows a very good man I knew suddenly died.
Think I should stop visiting you...
:)
just wanted to be polite by returning your visits...
Fare thee well, friend!
Trying to keep up with spirits comments could wear a person out, spirit never shuts up. :-)
Hello Bill
Just dropping by to wish you a good weekend ahead, time for the Beer Church at all?
I've had my beer dose this afternoon (and yesterday) that'll do for now
Love the Shaw quotes; pithy as hell. Also adore the Jimmy Kimmel...truer words...
Fucking bears, nasty bastards them. Not altogether fond of horses either, after seeing one hoof my little brother over a fence when he was a kid. Hope alls well, enjoy the fine weather this weekend Billy.
I'll tell you, but you may not see it from your level of evolution....
I understand what you wrote, however I do not agree entirely. Different levels make for different perspectives I suppose. I have always known stones to have lives and energies of their own, although they move much slower than you or I or even a bear.
Debra Kay.... I'm telling you that a stone does not have a life, it is an idiot. So to speak, hell, the monkeys are idiots, don't expect much thinking or awareness from a stone.
A stone can't feel your fingers on it if you caress it. But a human can, when was the last time a man ran his fingers over your body?
Not that it's any of my business.
can't stop returning to look at the picture....what does that say about me? grin!
With the greatest respect to Ms. kay, what a pile of shite!!!!Stones have energy, my arse. They're a collection of elements formed into an inanimate object.
Energy...*rolls eyes at dumb hippy*
Post a Comment