Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hammer's Miracle

Ever try to keep four cats together for a picture? Good luck with that. Teenage pussy’s do what they want to do.
….
Addressing Hammer’s miracle today.
http://whenyouronlytoolisahammer.blogspot.com/2006/11/miracle.html
I’ve always preferred a hatchet myself. One face will do for a hammer, the other face is useful for other things.
….
I’m not going to put his whole story in here, you can go read it on his blog. Hammer said, “I'll start off by saying I'm not a religious person in the traditional sense. I am also skeptical to the extreme.” …. I can relate to that, I always was, especially when it came to Christianity, and now other religions now that I’ve looked at them more closely. But strange things have happened to me over the course of my life that I can’t fully explain. But it’s why I’ve become spiritual only, trying to be in tune with and understand the spirit of the planet, mother earth. Do I believe what he says happened? Yup. Can I explain it? Nope, not fully anyway, but I will try in part.
….
He goes on to say, “Immediately the wind began to whip around me wildly and it roared through my ears. I tried to relax and ignore the wind. Suddenly I felt pressure on my stomach. For some reason I couldn't open my eyes and whenever I tried to fight it or sit up the wind would press me back onto the rock. Suddenly the pressure on my midsection turned to fingers that pressed into my body. It felt as if they were re-arranging my guts. As soon as it started it ended. The wind suddenly stopped as well. I figured I was delirious from being sick and the physical exertion. I kind of blew the whole thing off.
….
There are things we simply do not know or understand yet. As I said, I’ve experienced things that lead me to believe that there is some mysterious power at work. And I’ve spoken to many others that have experienced things. That isn’t to say that it is a perfect power, an omnipotent power, or that it can always be relied on. And he was on sacred Native American land, there has always been strange things about it. The natives where often more in tune with nature and mother earth, before the European land thieves came along and started screwing them over and up. Putting a Christian insanity in them also.
….
He went on to say, ”Whatever happened that day cured me from a supposedly incurable disease and quite possibly saved my life. …. As I said, I believe it. For about fifteen years I’ve had a mystery medical problem, won’t bother to explain it but the doctors keep telling me that they can’t find anything wrong with me. That I’m healthy as a horse. When it gets bad enough, is hurting me a lot and hindering my ability to function well, I’m just ‘taken over’, so to speak.
….
Usually I’m lying on the bed and I fall into a deed breathing spell (I don’t do this on purpose, remember, I haven’t asked for this to happen, any more than Hammer did) and feel surrounded by an energy. After a while my pain is gone and my energy is back. This has happened not just once but a number of times.

A reader stated, hmmm, well I am very skeptical about anything supernatural or mystical myself. Maybe, that's why this kinda stuff never happens to me. ….Said commenter, not being spiritual or religious, has most likely never recognized any miracles in her life, or at least attributed them to some mysterious power. I of course do not believe in the biblical God myself. Or the Buddha, or most of that other yadda yadda out there. And many of those so-called Christians have an insanity in them that I don’t want to be associated with.
….
Kat said... I believe in miracles. My Cherokee Father would have said you were destined to accomplish something lofty, and that's why the spirits intervened.…. I wouldn’t discount that at all. Have a purpose I call it, even though it may not turn out to be greatly lofty. I feel that mine, aside from having to live from day to day and have some fun, is to mock religions, make them look ridiculous. Try to convince folks that we are God in evolution. That is what the cosmos wants me to do so I do it. It appears that Hammer hasn’t found his yet though, if in fact he ever does. But anyone can feel free in joining me in mocking religions, there is power in numbers.
….
What is more interesting to me, even though Hammer didn’t mention it, is my (or his) eventual death. We know that has to happen someday, powers or no powers. Either by some random event or of natural causes. I’m looking forward to my death with great interest. At times I’ve wanted off of this stupid greedy warring planet anyway, but asking to be removed doesn’t work worth a damn. I wake up the next morning with the cosmos mocking me, saying “Okay you little prick, time to get back to work.” Boy, the cosmic powers are a bunch of sadistic bastards with really strange senses of humor.
….
I don’t prey, don’t believe in it, I don’t expect to ever be able to help heal anyone else, don’t even want to try in fact. But it does seem like I have been gifted all my life. Part of a plan? I often wonder about that, but I’m not sold on it. Not any preconceived plan from in the beginning anyway. There may well be some sort of a plan, but like all plans, it is always in flux and changing, depending on what is going on here. I could say more about that, but I won’t.
….
Spotted in the news: Christian Population Falls in Holy Land, blah, blah, blah, “"Here is where Jesus was born and over there, across the hill in Jerusalem, is where he was crucified," Shomali said. "We Christians now feel like we are on the cross."” More blah, blah, blah.
….
Well excuse me, but why should anyone give a shit about where (one) Jesus was born and died? And fighting over it all, how frigging stupid can the monkeys get? Get over what happened 2006 years ago, just get the fuck over it and stop fighting about it. Because the same thing happens everyday everywhere here, right now. ALL land is sacred. I swear, frigging Christian’s, frigging Muslim’s, what a bunch of frigging idiots. Here is something interesting I spotted on a blog, “We’re human beings for fuck’s sake, we can do anything, and we will evolve to a “God-like” state, it’s inevitable.” …. Right, pretty much what I keep saying. But these religious fools keep screwing everything up.
….
If you believe in Jesus, fine, do so, but you don’t have to consider yourself a Christian because of it, just believe in the spirit. That was just some brainwashing that was put into you. Jesus never frigging asked anyone to build frigging religions around him. Quite frankly, he thinks that you are all a bunch of fools.
….
Umm, complicated people that think at different levels than others can’t expect hillbilly’s that have leaned some fancy words to understand and appreciate them. Nuff said.
….
Paris, I haven’t been able to view your blog for two days hon, I just get an empty page. I wonder if anyone else has this problem at your site.
….
Part of my post yesterday was in hopes of getting a strike because I was fishing. But some days the fishing is just slow. He, he, he. Artookas is such a devious bastard. LOL ….. I suppose that she is still stuck on that other post, admiring it. I wanted to suggest that if she turned her monitor upside down that she could have ol’ smiley face coming down on her. LOL …. But being a power tripper I suppose that she prefers going down on it. Have a great day folks. .. Hugs, BBC

13 comments:

BBC said...

Just spotted in the news… LONDON (AFP) - Religion should be outlawed because it lacks compassion and promotes hatred of homosexuals, gay pop star Elton John said in an interview.

That will never work, try to ban something and that makes people want it even more. It’s some kind of “freewill” thing I suppose. The best way to get rid of religions is to mock them out of existence. That is how I see it anyway.

BBC said...

Hammer .. Buried in this site is a post discussing respecting others religious beliefs. New comers can't be expected to go through all the posts on this site, and in fact there is a lot of just plain old goofing off and mumbling as I try to have a good time along with the serious stuff.

I will find that post, clean it up, and re-post it. For now let me just say this, this philosophy being pushed of respecting others beliefs, how has that worked out for the last ten thousand years? Not so well has it? And I assure you, it isn’t going to work out in the future.

I have for example been ordered to ‘strike your colors’ by a looney that should have that belief. She won’t respect what I believe, and I damn sure don’t respect what she believes. The difference between us though just might be that she is nuts enough to shoot me over it (being as she is a whacked out Christian), where I wouldn’t do that.

She lives a long away from me though, so I’m not going to spend any time worrying about it. Besides, it would make for an interesting death wouldn’t it? Should make some headlines, after all, they have been killing me (the spirit) in interesting ways for thousands of years.

Anonymous said...

You're right of course. I don't feel like fighting though. My plate is full. Pretty much everyone I know is a devout Christian and pretty decent folks as well who don't mess with me.

Luck for me I guess.

I was confronted and cornered one time by a born again bible beater
who wouldn't take no for an answer. He was like the Amway sales rep for god.

He said "Me finding god was like me finding a gas station with gas at 10 cents a gallon. I have to go tell everyone about it"

I told Mr Bible beater that I use alternative fuels.

Cinderella said...

Ummm hello? I don't have much to say on the subject..sorry. I think you write well though and I love your honesty if that counts for anything.

Thanks for visiting me...=)

Anonymous said...

Like the little pussies.. ;-)

BBC said...

Music and lyrics C 2006 by James McMurtry

Look yonder comin', mercy me
Three wise men in a SUV
Corporate logo on the side
Air-conditioned quiet ride

That thing don't run on french fry grease
That thing don't run on love and peace
Takes gasoline make that thing go
Now bring your hands up nice and slow

Take us to the land of milk and honey
Sing and dance all night long
Whatcha gonna do with all that money
Whatcha gonna do when that money's all gone

Negotiation's just no fun
And it don't serve our interests none
Gonna turn up the heat till it comes to a boil
So we can go get that Arab oil

And we'll suck it all up through the barrel of a gun
Everyday's the end of days for some
Republicans don't cut and run
Tell me ain't you proud of what we've done

Take us to the land of milk and honey
Sing and dance all night long
Whatcha gonna do with all that money
Whatcha gonna do when that money's all gone

You keep talking that shit like I never heard
Hush, little President, don't say a word
When the rapture comes and the angels sing
God's gonna buy you a diamond ring

Take us to the land of milk and honey
Sing and dance all night long
Whatcha gonna do with all that money
Whatcha gonna do when that money's all gone

NewsBlog 5000 said...

I have lots of friends that are Christian. I've even celebrated their quaint rituals with them

BBC said...

So do I 5000, but we don't talk about it all much. I can piss off a die hard bible thumper so fast that they want to kill me. That proves what I say, that there is an insanity in them.

But it's fun to ask the women if they want to have sex with God. :-)

Besides, most 'Christians' are Jack Christians. Many of them are always church hopping and such, they don't really believe all that crap either.

Thanks for dropping by, hugs.

Greco-Roman said...

BBC,

Great post and great blog!


I've seen you at PoP and Mysticals. Great minds think alike. I hope.

I'm not for or against religion (I was brought up Catholic). I just find it difficult to believe in what I could never see. It is also difficult to believe in ancient mythology. Seems to me science is the true way... find the truth in what you know, not what you WANT to believe.

It's not pretty but that's life.

BBC said...

Thanks for dropping by my friend. Yup, science is the way. Hugs.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

What good is a pussy that doesn't move around?

BBC said...

Yesterday..... Just try to hold onto one. :-)

Sewmouse said...

I used to be Christian. Then my brother became a Lutheran Minister.

And I read the bible. A lot. And I realized that no SANE god would ever, EVER "call" my brother to be a minister.

And I realized that I am NOT "The glory of man, but man is the glory of god".

Anything that flawed in part is flawed in whole. The Lutherans have many times told me that if I reject even a PART of the bible, that I reject it all - it's an "all or nothing" affaire with them. So it's nothing.

I now quote long passages from classic literature or cheap-trashy murder mysteries when someone quotes bible at me. Not that I can't "sling the verses" as Kvatch said, but because I figure if they are going to treat me to THEIR favorite fiction, I'll treat them to some of mine.