Friday, November 24, 2006

New Camera Test

This is a test. I just took the first picture with my new camera at full zoom. It's fresh snow on the Olympic Mountains, taken from my driveway.

Clicking on it will give you a much better view. Now I have to learn how use the darn thing properly as it is much different than my old camera. And they had a 1.0 gig memory card on sale for 15 bucks so I bought it also. The camera will hold over 900 pictures. Yikes, I just take a few at a time and delete them from the camera or there is just a big mess in there that I don't want to look through.

I'm supposed to get about 120 pictures out of the batteries so that isn't bad. New batteries once every year or so as I don't take that many pictures. BBC

8 comments:

FreakyNick said...

DAMN! Nice view.

Pam said...

GORGEOUS!! no wonder you never want to move ;-)

Anonymous said...

wow! really nice...

Your view is superb!!!

none said...

Great looking pics.

Just get a battery charger with 4 NiCads for about 20 bucks. the batteries will last a lot longer and you can put the charger in the wall and swap them out when necessary. I've saved hundreds that I would have spent on disposable batteries.

BBC said...

Hammer.. Actually, I already have a charger. A couple different kinds. But I bought some batteries from Harbor Freight and they just go to hell went I try to charge them.

none said...

I bought the energizer Nicad setup and haven't had to buy camera batteries in almost 4 years.

I think they are good for 60 charges.

Davoh said...

NimH seem to be better, but who knows in this world of digital change.

The analogue sun rises and sets in, so far, a reliable regular pattern. heh.

Anne Johnson said...

This is the view from your driveway? Damn, I guess you are God. All hail, and all that stuff.