Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Internet is weird

Rock hard…… Okay, so what did you just think of? Actually, it's two words on a can of Durham's Water Putty, a repair material. Sorry ladies, not what you had in mind. LOL
….
Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.
….
We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced or sang some.
….
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it.
….
What kind of fish live in the Columbia river? …. Live ones.
….
I swiped this from Nick's blog. The difference between dogs and cats: A dog says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, you must be God.' A cat says, 'You pet me, you feed me, you shelter me, you love me, I must be God.' ….. No kidding, and those cats like to fuck wit God.
….
Anyway, the post subject is about the Internet being weird. As in this is a weird way for people to meet each other and find friends and mates. Actually though, it really isn't. For hundreds, maybe thousands of years, people have had all kinds of unique ways of finding, getting to know each other, fall in love (in some fashion), finely meet each other in person and become a team, or couple, or not. Many of those attempts at those relationships fail. But I'm guessing that the failure rate for Internet relationships are no higher than any other of the many ways people find and meet each other. And the ones that are just online friendships, how wonderful is that? I'm still friends with folks from way back before blogs, when we used ICQ and online chat rooms a lot. Being the computer pack rat I am, I still some pictures of them, and that was five computers ago.
….
So…. Have you ever went to meet someone that you met online? Come on now, fess up. I have, most of them turned out that we wasn't interested in trying a relationship with each other, other than just being online friends. But you never know, you might meet the right fun redhead, or blonde, or brunette. Two of us did try it, a relationship and I'll tell you about it, because that is the kind of guy I am. LOL
….
About ten years ago I met a lady through ICQ that a man that knew her introduced me to. I don't recall how I met him online, maybe in a chat room or something. Anyway, we got to sharing messages and jokes everyday and learning about each other, and just clicked. We shared pictures, lives, stories, and yadda, yadda, and after a while decide that we should meet as we had kind of fell in love (or in lust) online.
….
So we planed a two week get together at her place as she was working and I wasn't because I had made enough money trucking and didn't feel like working for a while. Well, it wasn't concrete that I would be staying with her of course, we wanted to check each other out in person some before making that decision. It was a two-day drive and when I arrived there I got a hotel room and called her and we made arrangements to meet in town. She thought I was great, I thought she was great, we hadn't conned each other about what we where when we where doing ICQ and emails. We where both what we said we were.
….
I never used that hotel room… Smirk. We had good times doing things together and had great sex two times a day for two weeks, it was great. When she was at work I would work on her home that needed a lot of attention so it gave me something to do, and I fixed most of the meals as I had the time. But sadly, it didn't last, at the end of the two weeks she figured that she had, had enough. Well, that really sucked, I wasn't figuring on it going that way.
….
She didn't like me suggesting to her how she should care for her dogs, but I'm just not into playing with dogs that have been lying in their own shit all day long because they have no where else to lie locked up in a pen that isn't being kept clean. She said that she had never had so much attention and that it bothered her. WTF ??? It's not like I was hanging on to her all the time. But if we went somewhere I would hold her hand while driving, hug her before she went to work, hug her when she got home, called her honey a lot because that is just natural for me. Fix her some meals as I had the time and she was busy. Things like that. Oh well, some women just don't like much attention except when they are in heat I guess. At least she was in heat a lot… LOL
….
Would I do it again? Go a long distance to meet someone? Maybe, if I felt that we knew each other pretty well after sharing a lot online, if I felt that there was a chance for a lasting relationship. I feel that life should be about adventures, experiences, and things like that, live in a box and all you have is a box, anyone thinking that there is security in that is wrong. There are women that visit this blog that interest me for whatever reasons. And a few of them I don't even know all that much about them, it's as if the mystery of them is intriguing. Or the things I see on their blogs I like, I feel that I can relate to them.
….
But I don't know what they look like, how old they are, critical things like that. But I have an imagination and those are great things to have. Like, Gracie for (one) example, I'm intrigued by a frigging eyeball. LOL … Yup, I love that eyeball. Oh, well she loves me also, so of course that always helps. My imagination tells me that she is over fifty, has a great sense of humor, is warm and loving, is okay looking, and has a body that turns my crank. Yup, the Internet is weird, but no more weird than any other way of communicating, no more weird than our imaginations. Would I go again to meet someone if we were both interested? Knowing me, I suppose I would, there are a few women online that interest me. But only if I thought she was for real and not jacking me around. All things involve some risk and I've never been afraid of that. I'm not much for hiding in boxes. Last year I was willing to go to Atlanta, and that is a right far distance from me (No, it turned out that I didn't go).
….
Have you got any such stories to share?
….
Bingo !!! The nice man that made my upper dentures meant well I'm sure, but they didn't even come close to fitting me properly, I couldn't even put them in my mouth. He would have had to spend hours trying to make them fit properly. Mostly I have ignored them, they seem to like it in that old butter tub anyway. But I take them out at times and mess with them some, and now I have them feeling just right. And just in time for turkey day, I think I will eat a few extra calories as I've lost some weight anyway. I don't eat a lot, I eat to live, not live to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat you know. :-)
….
I don't handle stress with food, I handle it with booze and nicotine. LOL….. I hate the smoking though, but I've been cutting down on it. It's not like I ever smoked over a pack a day anyway, unlike some people that smoke two or three packs. Besides, I did vote for the smoking ban in public places.
….
I'm going to upgrade to Blogger Beta this evening or tomorrow during the wee hours when hopefully the Internet is slow. I hope everything goes right, Azgoddess seems to have made the transition seamlessly so here's hoping it goes the same for me.
….
Love, Peace, Hugs…. BBC

20 comments:

BBC said...

38.5 degrees and a drizzle of rain this morning. And it's dollar day at the laundromat. We will wash the bedding here at Polly's Honky Tonk Saloon and Whorehouse.

And I get my SS money today, how cool is that? Not that I pay much attention to money, still have some under the mattress, my universe doesn't spin around money.

What will you be doing today?

Anonymous said...

Commenting about the woman who didn't like a lot of attention.

When I was young I got a lot of attention but it was all negative, so getting attention makes me nervous now. I would rather not be the center of attention, I like to observe, but not be observed. It was a problem, and why my marriage didn't last. I needed some solitude occasionally, and no one understood that. Sure it makes sense to do a lot of nice things for someone you love, but you also have to know when the boundaries and when you're giving too much attention.

BBC said...

Well Nick, if I'm not told, I don't know. It's better to just have a woman that does like it if that is the way I am. I value my time to myself also of course.
...
After the accident, I told the police officer I thought the driver of the other vehicle was drunk. He told me the other vehicle was a cow.

"President Bush just began a seven-day trip through Asia. So
far, everywhere he's gone in Asia he's been met by thousands of
protesters. President Bush may be the first American to be
greeted with the phrase, 'We hate you long time.'"
---Conan O'Brien

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Beta transition. The transistion was smooth for me, the problem was that thing with the comments.

Have a good day, and keep shoveling the heavy shit, we need to think about this crap, then try to forget it all at our "beer churches".

Keep on "keeping on".

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Bush protests in Asia are as big as the protests in his home country.

Anonymous said...

now that mercury has gone direct - computers will be behaving themselves - go for the blogger upgrade...

you wrote:
We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced or sang some.

BIG HUGS! yep - this is my kind-of day!

as far as meeting someone online
here's my story

back in the days of chat rooms and ICQ -- i met a man and fell in love...he adored my kids and i thought we would live happily ever after...but after about 1 yr, i figured out he was a sex addict...ah, if only it was with me - smile - but it was with himself and computer porn...

as our sex life dwindled, so did our love...

but the good thing about meeting him is that he and my son got along like best buds...he was even invited to my son's wedding...

in the arizona desert today is will be a sunny 80 degrees...my kind-of weather...

BBC said...

I might add that I used to be that way also. Not touchy feely, I got over myself. It's a touchy feely world and we all need it.

I don't know about the protests in Asia, maybe they protest differently there in some ways. They seem to use bombs a lot, maybe we will get lucky.

Sewmouse said...

I wonder if the Shrub's handlers arrange things so that he never sees anyone protesting against him, just like in his home country.

I've met tons of people I met first online. So far every one of them has been pretty much exactly what they were online. The only real difference in my mind is that the women who portray themselves with "hot" avatar pics are usually 300 lbs and have all of 3 teeth, 2 of which are in the back.

The guys with "hot" male avatars are inevitably either gay or bald, overweight slobs in greasy t-shirts and filthy overalls.

I've found the most "real" of people tend to use "other" avatar pictures - a picture of a puppy, or a kitten, or a cartoon. (Roses don't count - those are just another way of the 300lb women to try and appear "mysteriously sexy".)

I've had two "romances" online. The first ended in disaster, the 2nd one lasted a few years, but the distance in the end killed it.

The most fun for me was the chat-room sponsored weekend parties we used to throw on the servers that I frequented - back in the day. I've met folks from the UK, Holland, OZ, NZ, Brazil, and a lot of other places I'll probably never get to see - but I got to meet the folks I'd talked to who were from there. Is nice.

BBC said...

Azgoddess.. Well as much as I like to talk about it, I just don't get online porn so I don't spend any time at those sites.

And if I have someone to have sex and a good relationship with I stick with that, why look any further.

BBC said...

Sewmouse.. Yup, the old chat rooms where a lot of fun,like family sort of. I don't use an avatar, what folks see is what I am. I can't imagination being any other way. Hugs.

BBC said...

I'll give one more piece of information about that attempted relationship. She lives in this town that I now life in. :-)

I haven't seen her since I moved here though. And that isn't the reason I moved here.

BBC said...

I'm going to a Thanksgiving dinner at the soup kitchen today. A Thanksgiving dinner at Serenity House tomorrow. And we are doing a Thanksgiving dinner at the Friendship dinner Friday evening.

I'm a gonna pig out. LOL

Anonymous said...

My wife and I met for the very first time on IRC. First thing I ever "said" to her...."I have a dog named after you!" Her nick was Peanut. Not only was ours an online relationship for sometime, it was also a long distance relationship....she in NC, I in MI, for more than two years.

True, and lasting Love doesn't know geography.

Anonymous said...

I have met people on line and I'm not too sure if I'd do it again.. I know.. I know.. get over yourself!!! ;-)

I just can't go through the hassle of it all... or rather..the ups and downs.. I need stability and it's not a man who will bring it. Sadly enough, many women still think that men bring stability. HA!

Yup.. I'm into a flat line.. more stable like that and NO I don't find it boring.. it's more comforting for me to count on myself.. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It is strange this with attention. After I got divorced, neither I nor my ex-husband have remarried. As the time pass,you make habitd which starts to get difficult to change... I have met men on-line and met them in real life. All very nice men...But silently we don't go further to something serious...But we stay friends and they have become very good friends. Some of them have now been my friends all since i got the PC 6 years ago.
Finally I have come to the conclution that what I need is friends not lovers.

Anonymous said...

Weird is great, as long as it doesn't mean "dangerous".

Enjoy your multiple feasts!

paris said...

I was accused of meeting someone on line once....see I started dating this guy who hadn't been seen around in the bar scene as I had been seen....one day I just walked in with a date and the whisper's started happening...it was said I was desperate for a man so I hooked one on line....only because I knew him by his first name I had known him for over a yr he always thought I was married...I guess I must of had a lot of respect for myself when I was out on the town...and I just showed up with him on my arm...unfortunately I couldn't introduce him because I still only kew his first name...lolol..this is no joke....we spent the whole weekend together and I forgot to ask his last name...when I heard about the rumors I laughed my ass off....people are fastat jumping to conclusions....the only people I have met is hear in blog and held at the same distance.....oh yeah bbc was just wondering did you mean venison backstraps or bra backstrap.....lololol....

sparkle said...

hey!
well i did meet a guy who i met online and today he is a great friend of mine. nothing deeper formed out of that though.
hey bbc, hope u doing good. missed u.
:-)

BBC said...

Sparkle.. Hi hon, I was just wondering about you, glad to see that you are back with us.

I just switched to Blogger Beta and now some of my friends are showing as anonymous posters. Hopefully that will correct itself soon.

Hugs... (((Sparkle)))

Gracie said...

Hey BBC,

You always go with the flow which is one of the reasons I respect you so much. Thanks for stopping by with the extra hugs - no complaints here. Wouldn't the world be a much better place with lots of hugs every single day?

My eye avatar was chosen during a heated discussion on a political, conservative message board in opposition and to represent BIG BROTHER so I never thought of it any other way. Thanks for your kind words, as always. BTW, I'm a little younger but give me time, lol!

You have a great weekend pigging out. BBC. Hugs!