BSB did a post subject of "Darwin VS The Bible". By the time I was thirty those questions where over for me, not that I knew all the answers, but Darwin it is to an analytical mind. In this day and age with all the information available to us how could anyone possibly believe in what the bible says as to our creation. That was just our ancestors playing with their minds and screwing them up. The bold text below is from her blog.….
Not too sure that we came from, fish, monkeys or Adam & Eve... No question about it hon. First fish (or other critters that lived in the oceans at the time), into monkeys, into humans.
What I do know is that I came from two irresponsible people who shouldn't have had a child to begin with... You are not alone, many are raised that way, or worse. My parents were okay in some ways, worked hard, paid their bills, things like that. But they shouldn't have had children because we were just in the way. However, the result is children when you like to screw each other as much as they liked to screw each other.
….
Helen, the old lady next door, liked to screw also, still wants it at 84. And she was a good mother but after having her son she told the doctor that she didn't want anymore children. She hated childbirth. He gave her something, some cream to use, and she never got pregnant again, so I guess there was ways back then. Sex, yes, children, no. But many people on this planet still do not understand that. Some religions still promote making more babies, stupid.
….
I don't have any theory because I feel nobody knows... No one can prove anything yet, but mark my words, scientists will end up the winners in the future as they will prove it all, that Darwin was right even though incomplete, that all things are evolution, even God, and that we are that God figure, the soul/spirit of the living planet. However !!! Mankind has to collectively believe that, and then take responsibility for it. I don't expect that to happen for some time yet, a few hundred more years maybe, if at all. Evolution can take a nasty turn, this may become a Star Wars planet. In that case I don't think mankind will survive.
….
We become what we are because of where we were born. Catholics, protestants, anglicans, muslims, and all the rest, who gives a hoot?.. A heck of a lot of people give a hoot, a heck of a lot of brainwashed people, and look at all the problems it all causes on this poor tired earth.
….
If dying is so beautiful and that we will be with the all mighty creator (like all good catholics make us believe) why did she want to stick around? .. She was hardwired with two instructions when she arrived here, one was 'survive'. And in case you haven't learned this yet, the other was to procreate. Or at least have sex. That is what the whole cosmic sexual energy thing and creation is all about. The sex drive in humans is strong because it is the cosmic spirit need flowing through them. And not people are afraid to die, many look forward to it. Richard Feynman didn't try to prolong his life, but died with grace and dignity, but stated that he was glad that he only had to do it once as it was boring. Maybe people need to make death more exciting. LOL
….
That's what is important and when I pray I'm not hurting anyone. End of story... Praying has never done me any good. Not that I don't believe in miracles, I've experienced them, I fully believe in some power that I don't fully understand, but I don't depend on it. I know that it will fail me someday, why should it favor me over someone else? Someone else that is sitting under a tree at this very moment living his/her last moments as their life drains from them because they are starving to death. Why would such a spirit would want one person to starve to death while another buys more shoes than they need, or a yacht. It seems that when people pray that they expect a God to favor them over everyone else. Nope, it's that way because mankind, the living spirit, is that way. I send money to try to help others live, but many, well, what ever.
….
As for praying for someone to die, that doesn't work either, even if it is collective praying. Millions, even a good many Christians, have been praying for the president to die but the damn fool is still here. Too bad because the cosmic spirit would really like to see that fool gone.
….
Scott Adam's appears to be under the delusion that in this so-called democracy that people would vote for the right person to be president. Interesting.
….
That was kind of heavy and I'm still not feeling like being heavy so lets lighten up a bit and amuse the cosmic spirit. The other day I got a hankering for oysters, the ones in the stores are too expensive, so I went to the fish market for a pint of fresh ones, they sure were good.
….
I enjoyed them so much that I'm going to go get another pint today and solicit sexual suggestions from the women lurking here, you sweethearts may start now, or not. This is for our own enjoyment and entertainment of course. LOL. .. God and Goddess are such sluts !!!
….
What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I've had some invitations but I think I will go to the community dinner at Serenity House. If I can talk Helen in to it I will take her with me, but she likes to stay home in front of her stove as much as possible. That poor old sweet lady (I mean it, really sweet, not bitchy and wanting like a lot of people) she is getting so frail. I hold her hand to support her when we go somewhere, and walk very slowly, she thinks I'm the most patient man in the world (I'm not always) and her hand is going creak, creak, creak. I hurt for her, but she is cheerful and doesn't complain a bit. Anyway, got side tracked there, lets keep moving on, always moving on.
….
If you haven't been there yet, check out this site. If I have my code right.
Free Hugs
….
A cute little test, maybe the most truthful one that you will ever take, it only takes a minute to take it.
Cute Test
….
If you have a fast connection here is an interesting link to a couple of bloggingheads that use video, interesting and mostly to the left. Some would call them liberals but I don't much like labels.
Bloggingheads
….
A cute quote spotted on Sewmouse's blog…. "You young wippersnappers don't know how good you have it! Why, in MY DAY"… Truer words where never spoken hon, the youth is so spoiled today. Hell, we were lucky to have a shower. I once lived in a sheep wagon with my grandparents and was home schooled. But it didn't matter because I didn't know any better. Or maybe I did, and didn't care. Actually, those were wonderful days, going skinny dipping in a beaver pond.
….
Now ya'all sing along with the Beatles, 'I want to hold your hand' … Love, Peace, Hugs.. BBC

13 comments:
Another good one at Sinfest today.
Sinfest
Hey, old man, I see you're being philosophical today. Hmmmmmmm. Great pix, BTW. And yes, Hubby knows me pretty well. He's stayed for over 20 years, so I guess he's having fun, too. :-)
Musical note test.
♫ ♫♪ ♪ ♪♫
Why, back in MY day...
Black & white TV
Little square "transistor" radios
Yes, we walked to school and back every day, in the winter, and the girls weren't allowed to wear trousers, so our legs got swollen and red from the -20F wind chill.
Smoking was nasty, but everywhere.
Only the pathetic few geeks at school had "allergies" and NOBODY had ADHD.
The most exciting thing to do in town was watch the clock on the bank change from Time to Temperature.
There was no "daycare" - and everyone played outside, and everyone's Mom yelled at ALL the kids, not just her own.
Some stuff was better, some stuff was worse.
Oh, and the Constitution had things like Habeus Corpus and Congressional oversight and Checks and Balances in it. Imagine!
Actually, black and white TV was cool in some ways. I used to watch programs that I thought the women really looked hot on. Then I got a color TV and it spoiled my wonderful image of them. Oh well, life goes on, or runs over you, or something.
Excellent pic.
When I was in my youth, the older generation used to conmplain about how easy we had it, how spoiled we were, and how everything was better back in the old days.
Now we here the same thing about today's youth coming from the youth of yesterday.
Some things never change, including the youth, they are just replaced by new ones that are just as spoiled and inexperienced. ;-)
I don't recall the older generation saying that, Nick. But I'm older than you are. Our parents struggled and worked hard for what they got. Nothing had been handed to them and nothing was handed to me.
I had very little as a youth, and that has never bothered me, and I've desired very little as an adult. And when I get something I tend to keep it forever instead of wanting the next new one.
Okay, so that makes me different, I can live with that.
I don't know about evolution deniers. When I asked one about neanderthal's and dinosaur bones they just said. "leave me alone my religion doesn't have to make sense."
Thank you for acknowledging my post.. and giving me your insights on the matter...
I still have problems with Darwin.. if he have evolved from fish... why are they fish still there and why aren't we still coming from them.. or the monkeys.. that theory doesn't really make sense to me either
anyways it doesn't really matter where we came from..it's what we're doing now that counts..
Enjoyed that pict.. I wonder how they got to get them to stand like that... cute... ;-) xoxox
Wow.. you blog is so philosophical. not sure if i got the spelling right. Your post are funny, especially your dvd player problem. I like it.
de foto.. Friend, my blog varies so much that it's as if it has a life of it's own.
Sometimes it's great humor, sometimes pure nonsense, sometimes very heavy. It seldom is what I perceived it to be when I started it.
But, it is all interesting, to me anyway. Thanks for visiting, welcome to our journey, the journey of mankind seeking himself.
Now... Lets talk about sex... Sigh, I miss Jennifer, cyber sex with her was wonderful. I love those crazy christian women. For some sick reason they touch my soul.. LOL
Bill, if taken too literally the Bible can be interpreted as being a bunch of crap. But I'm not sure it was meant to be taken so literally. Just like the Tao Te Ching (my favorite spiritual work) or the Diamond Sutra, or anything in the Upanishads.
I discovered Zen, Tao, Advaita a few years ago and life has never been the same. It's terrific. But if I interpreted those works like some interpret the Bible, I would have thrown them in the trash before they exposed their jewels of truth to me.
Now I see truth wherever I look, because wherever I look I see me. I am truth, as are you because we are IT, if we need to put a label on it. I think you know what I'm talking about based on what you have said here and there.
A label Dan? Sure, we are God in evolution. Just have to accept it is all.
Or I should say that the youth of the planet does. They are the ones that will determine the future and its beliefs, but I see them wandering way from religions. Hugs.
Post a Comment