Hey, check the 9 Chickweed Lane comic today, good one.
….
I just thought of Lilly Tomlin. Ringy dingy, ringy dingy. Boy, she was a hoot, we need comics like her back. There are serious things I could talk about but right now the world is so stressed out that we need more humor.
….
It’s official, the most spiritual people are peaceful, fun loving, reasonably good at loving, risque, and, umm, perverts. LOL… Just kidding, lets say seductive, having a need that needs to be fulfilled.
….
Quote of the day, provided by The Future Was Yesterday. I posted, “There are a bunch of perverts that read this blog. Some of them might even be (groan) Christians.” Yesterday shot back with, “If you want authenticity, they are the ones that can provide it, when it comes to "Christianity" and perverts.”
….
I stopped at Beer Church for two beers Halloween eve (early evening). I was talking to a lady that was getting tanked up for a flight to Indonesia and was flying out in an hour. First there was a short flight from here to Seattle and a short layover, enough to visit a couple airport lounges, then a 13 hour flight on China Air to Bali. Her husband is working in Iraq and they are meeting there for some hanky panky, or something. She should be ‘aware’ by then, unless they serve booze on the flight. Do they still serve booze on flights? I haven’t been on an airplane for years. So I looked up Indonesia on Wikipedia just to refresh my memory. “Terrorism, linked to extreme Islamism, has been a critical challenge to the Indonesian Government since 2000. The most deadly attack came in 2002, killing 202 people, including 164 international tourists, in the resort town of Kuta, Bali.”…. It looks like there is a lot of turmoil there, not sure I would want to go there other than to see some of the historical sites and peaceful back country. And I can do that on the web.
….
Jack London, interesting man. Lived life like I have by having many adventures and experiences, only he got famous doing so. I’ve read some of his works but didn’t know a lot about him, isn’t the web great for things like that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_London
I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
….
After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab. A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue…….. LOL… He was talking about a scab, but it pretty much fits mankind.
….
A friend over in Sequim, a very smart weird man, sent me a web address for a personality test.
http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html (Not really worth looking at)
I shot right back with….. Fuck man, what gave you the idea that I had any kind of a personality? LOL
He shot right back with….. Well, I had to forward that thing to SOMEBODY. (Too funny)
He is the moderator for the Thursday Conversation Café meetings, where they discuss interesting subjects, and never come to conclusions or agreements. I’ve been to a few of them but I have mixed feelings about them. I like meetings where you come to agreements and conclusions. Like I stand up and say “Yadda, yadda, mumble, mumble.” And everyone sits there in awe and says, “Oh wow, now I get it, thanks for explaining that, God.” But too often I have to sit there and say, “Man, I’m surrounded by fuckin’ idiots.” LOL (Hey, don’t think I haven’t done that)
….
BSB…. I’ve lived all kinds of ways, from under the stars to in nice homes. In big and small towns. I’m not really into modern homes. I’m a country hick and like the ‘warmth’ of an old country home. To me there is just something fuzzy and loving about them. They just kind of wrap themselves around you, know what I mean? I bought my first home in my middle twenties. Don’t recall the address but it was up the hill on the last street in town, next to a doctors home. It wasn’t big and fancy, but it was a good place to raise the kids. Mornings where my special time alone, I would spend a couple of hours sitting at the window reading, drinking coffee, and looking down at ‘my’ town. I loved it up there, but then the wife found a much nicer one in town, it just wasn’t the same.
….
Anyway, antiques. This area is full of good old country folks, settlers from way back, and their offspring. This area is full of antiques, only here they consider it their furniture. Well, maybe I’m not just an old country hick, maybe I’m just a bum.
….
BSB (http://nancy40bsb.blogspot.com/) is very interesting, I really like her, shaved her head to raise money for a charity, bless her heart. I’ve heard that shaving your head is very interesting, that you can’t stop playing with it, fondling it. Hell, I would shave my head also, if it had a nipple on top of it. LOL
….
So, Ann, the owner of the Beer Church I go to some, has this black tee-shirt that she seems quite fond of. I call it the fuck shirt. It basically says fuck everything from the post office to the government and work. The whole front of the shirt is fuck this and fuck that. Knowing her sense of humor, I wouldn’t be surprised if it also said ‘Fuck Me”.
….
At the laundromat yesterday I spotted a brand new issue of the National Geographic’s Traveler special edition. 94 places rated best and worst, so I swiped it. :-) …… Austin, Texas is rated as The Best Little City in America. Not that it is little, but the author says that it seems little because of the way it operates. It does seem like a pretty cool town, I mean, with a city motto like “Keep Austin Weird”, gotta like that. It seems to be chuck full of honkytonks and music, weird (characters) people and other interesting things. But I wouldn’t move there, hell, I wouldn’t stand out, there is too much competition. Don’t tell Bush about the place, he’ll go screw it up, he can’t stand for folks to have fun.
….
So this soft modelers clay I’m dinking around with is kind of interesting, not like a regular potters clay. It is expensive and comes in about half a dozen colors. But there are advantages to it for a guy like me. And it has some interesting properties. It doesn’t take a kiln to cure it, it doesn’t break easy, cuz I smacked a piece of it with a hammer to test that. You can drill, grind and cut it, and it is not unsafe to put in your mouth that I have found. No mention of it on their website anyway. It gets hard when cured, but is slightly flexible if not thick. It is more like a plastic than a clay. So the first thing I’m making with it is a custom fit ‘tray’ for making molds of my own mouth. Dental technicians call the thing they put the goop on to get a mold of your mouth a tray. The first one he tried to put in my mouth was too small, he said, “You have a big mouth.” I said, “No shit, I just never shut up.” LOL
….
Boy, some of the ladies showing up on this blog are a real hoot. Hugs.
….
Kerry shouldn’t have backed down. He said it wrong, but he is right in some ways. There are a lot of folks that join the service because they don’t have opportunities other places. There is some well educated folks in the services, and they are willing to educate anyone that wants to learn more. But fighting someone else’s war for Bush and capitalists is still just plain damn stupid. And I predict that country will remain havoc for years to come.
….
Ha, ha, ha. Check out the Bad Tux’s post of “And white trash retirees wept... “
http://badtux.net/2006/11/and-white-trash-retirees-wept.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I forgot to say in there that in Jack London I now have another idol. :-)
Austin is a fantastic place, yup... the weirder the better.
Dubya was forced to live here for awhile in the governor's mansion -- but he's no Austinite -- he's an Aggie and prefers it out there in the red part of the state (which is like... anywhere but Austin). A few years back the Bush twins got caught here for fake ID drinking. Pretty stupid, ummm... girls... they know who you are and if they didn't the secret service by your sides offers a clue... and they don't love your daddy in this town.
Good morning BBC,
I'm at school supervising the computer lab so gives me time to catch up on my reading your blog.
Antiques are special to me and they do have a special feel to them. I agree with you on that. I suppose that many people do have them as their furniture and not interested in selling them.. ;-) Furniture with soul...
I will never have a house because it's just too much of a hassle.. little-cozy apartment is not long to clean and the landlord accepts that I have 2 "babies" ;-)
I'll be posting tomorrow pictures of me and the other people who got shaved for a great cause! You'll see mine is not growing like theirs is.. ;-) My theory their hair is growing in water.. ;-) And it is fun touching my head with the prickly fuzzy top.. ;-) I intend of going bleach blond once in gets about two inches on top.. I'm having a great time with it..and it's what our heads have accomplished that is sooo great!
Where is your wife BBC??? How many children do you have?
Have a great day! I'm about to close the computer lab!
Take care. X
BSB... My wife died in 85, since then I have been on many adventures. I have two children about your age. A son and a daughter. Other than the kids, that I seldom hear from, I have no family left that means anything to me. Just my extended family, friends.
7:00 AM... 41.0 degrees, supposed to rain today. It's alright, need some rain. I need to put up some rain gutters.
I have rented very little over the years, prefer to own my own place, and can do the repairs so that is good. I'll post this on your blog also. Hugs
A friend sent me a great cartoon, so I will post it this evening.
I don’t think Kerry’s slip would have bothered anyone if did hadn’t rung so true.
Goodgodalmighty, reading your rants is refreshing. A mind that zips around is a beautiful thing, indeed.
newsblog 5000. You make a good point. But if everyone went to college there would just be a lot of educated people standing around looking for jobs that aren't there. A high percentage don't use those educations as they move on through life anyway. They more often than not move to other trades and skills.
College is over rated, more folks need to go to trade schools, learn real skills. The only thing I learned in college was to stop going to college.
Hey BBC,
I had a student today just run her hand through my head.. or hair..anyways.. she seemed to enjoy it... Go back to my November post... my friend paws has answered you about your wife.. I think that you would like her.. her mind seems to be going pretty much the same way as yours... ;-)
Oh boy looks like your gonna be doing a lot trash with all the comments above me but be careful BBC don't trash me too...lolol
Post a Comment