Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This is a test

In 1987 (almost 20 years ago) I lived in Arizona for a year. Outside of Kingman, a pretty cool town I thought. We had no electricity so I bought a very small 500 watt (650 serge) Honda generator and a 55 watt solar panel. With a propane refrigerator that was all the power we really needed for lights and some TV.
….
Over the years the generator has mostly just sat around, I get it out maybe once a year to run it for a bit and it always starts on just a few pulls, often the first one. Honda’s rock !! I’ve rigged up a special cord to run from it to an outlet outside that is on the same wire that powers my computer. I know the wiring because I wired this place when I gutted it out and rebuilt it.
….
500 watts isn’t much but it’s running the small energy saving light, my computer and monitor. I’m good to go if the power goes out and the phone line keeps working, I can still get on the Internet. Being small it is also a fuel miser. Now, maybe I should set up that solar panel also, it’s been in storage for years. My camper kitchen has a battery in it for the water pump and a twelve volt light and it can keep that battery charged up even in the winter.
….
Years ago I read a book called “Pissing in The Snow.” Entertaining, about hillbillies. Well, I have a little hillbilly in me, I know how to have cheap fun. :-)… So I went out and ‘wrote’ my initials in the snow. LOL
….
End of test, back to the grid. Hugs. BBC

12 comments:

BBC said...

Yeah, that was a test of the national bullshit network.

The BBC
Big Bad Cook Network.. LOL

Blueberry said...

I am going to have to look for that hillbilly book! I am alien spawn, raised by hillbillies so I learned their ways! [snicker]

Oh yes, and you've been tagged!

Hugs!!!

BBC said...

I've been tagged? Oh shit....

Well, I'll just have to see how exciting I can make it. :-)

Anonymous said...

hahaha
Am I ever looking forward to reading about 6 weird things about you....

you've been tagged Mr! HA

Lady Liberty said...

Solar panels are a great idea. Cost effective. That Honda looks new! I bet it does rock!!!

Well, bbc rocks!!!

Peace Out!

paris said...

It's finished BBc enjoy

Gracie said...

Hi BBC,

You doing OK without power? I almost didn't recognize the place now that you have a new pic as your avatar. It's a good one. :-)

Keep warm. Your picture of all the snow is beautiful but having power lines down is a real bitch. Hang in there & keep us updated so we'll know you're safe.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I have a Honda Civic Coupe.. Honda rocks for sure.. ;-)

Have a great day! xoxox

My stairs has icy rain on them. Honey has problems getting down this morning. Luckily it will clear up during the day.... kisss

Anonymous said...

I'm still half asleep..

My stairs have.. Honey had...

FreakyNick said...

I've driven Honda since 1984. Drive an Accord now.

Be careful with the snow and ice.

BBC, Remember only it's only 6 weird things about you. You'll have to cut the list quiute a but.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

I like this... If I had been i charge it would have been solar-enegy all over the world....
Candle-light dinner and thick duvets.

Sewmouse said...

Oh, good thing you didn't get caught writing your initials in the snow, BBC

Hereabouts that's called a "Sex Offense" - indecent exposure.

*Rolls eyes*