What the heck are you doing in here? I told you to make up your own service. I was going to the hot springs think I will stay here and goof around, now stop farting in your chair and go do something and enjoy yourself. Get away from your computer for a while.….
Friday I finely got around to buying a DVD player that was on sale, I seldom buy things when they first come out. It won’t work through my VCR for some reason, and my TV’s are old and don’t have the proper jacks for a direct connection. So yesterday I gave up and went and bought a new TV with S-Video & AV jacks, the DVD player showed the movie playing but I wasn’t getting any audio. Dumb shit that I am I figured that everything should work through the S-Video cable. Isn’t all this new technology wonderful?
….
So I kept screwing with the menus on the remotes trying to get both units playing together properly, figuring that one was male & the other female… lol, and didn’t get anywhere, still no audio. Like programming with remotes following a book that was written in China or wherever is so useful and educational hey?
….
So I ran AV cables from the back of the DVD to the front of the TV, still no audio, WTF?? Brought out the karaoke machine I bought about a year ago that I haven’t been able to use yet, hooked up the AV cables from the DVD player to it and got audio, but couldn’t crank the volume up all that much. But at least I could hear the movie I got from the library.
….
Then I sat down to read the book (groan) more and noticed that there are also AV jacks on the back of the TV, so I ran AV cables to them, presto!! Audio through the TV speakers. Again, WTF? It appears that poking something in the front is different than poking it in the rear. (Snort) I mean, it’s just not in my principles to be poking something in the rear when the front is….. umm, never mind. Anyway, now I can now also use the karaoke machine and I messed with it for a bit. Roger Miller, eat your heart out. Then Country Bumpkin came up, and for some reason I started crying, so gave up for the night.
. ….
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord, he comes squealing around the corner in his pink and yeller Ford. He has loose the terrible swift lighting of his terrible swift mill, his rod is rolling oooon. He comes roaring down the street and screeches to a stop where all the Ho’s are waiting. Glory, glory, what a wonderful way to go. Glory, glory, what wonderful way to go, his rod is really hot.
….
He, he, he….. Na, I wouldn’t think of mocking religions. Have a great day folks…. Love, Peace, Hugs. BBC

8 comments:
Pretty much the way I wish it could have went.
Good Sunday Comic
Morning BBC, Have another great day at the springs. I have spent the weekend doing volunteer work for the miltary retirees in town. Yeah. I'm one, too, but I meant the wiser ones, uh, the ones with more life experience. hehe. Boy do they like to talk about the "old" times.
You don't have to mock religions, they do a pretty good job insulting themselves.
I'll try to write a post later, but might not get around to it till tomorrow, I want to take it easy today.
Have fun with the new toys.
Keep on rockin'
Helen’s phone went tits up so I checked out her wiring to the box and installed an extra phone of mine but the line was still fuzzy. Quest came out and found a bad fuse, but her phone still didn’t work right, she could get calls but couldn’t call out.
She has a service contract with AT&T on the phone so I called them and they said they would send her a new phone, it came the very next day, I was impressed. Her phone is a wall mount push button with a special hand set with a volume control in it, a very old one. They sent her a rotary dial phone, I didn’t even know they still made those critters.
Her poor old hands can hardly handle it so she called them again and they are going to send her a push button one, again all shipping and charges paid for by them. I think that is pretty darn good service for these days. They should give her good service of course, they’ve gotten ninety bucks a year out of her for many years, she has lived in that home since 1946.
Walk away from the computer? What do you mean walk away from the computer??
Have a great day, old man. :-)
Oh, I forgot. If you need some sunshine, hop on over to BLUEBERRY'S place.
She did it again, called me an old man. That, that, hussy. :-)
I heard Country Bumpkin on an internet radio station today (love that classic country, is there any other kind?).
Co-inky-dink.
Thanks for the linkup, HCG!
At least you're not mixing up the male and female bits ;-) I have no particular hang-ups about front or rear entrance myself.
Welcome to the world of Hi-tech and all that crap.
I have a home cinema system running through a plasma screen. I can hook up my laptop through the system speakers and the screen - I can view the desktop on the big screen, but I still can't fathom out why any dvds I play from the laptop do not show up on the screen (why would I want to do this you may ask, because the dvd player sometimes has a hissy fit and won't play some dvds). Perhaps I need an updated codec . . .
Hugs and have a good one today.
Post a Comment