Friday, January 04, 2008

New Years Trip – Pic 2

A friend told me the other day that the town of Brinnon has something to do with the actor, Walter Brennan, but I have found no proof of that on the Internet. I know that this area was at one time very popular with movie stars, there is a marina here by the name of John Wayne Marina. The hot springs I have often posted about was once popular with movie stars, but they have long sense moved on and the road to them is now for the most part gone and I have to hike into them, and I’m thankful for that.

But this is about now so I’m going to talk about now. Brinnon is very small, population less than a thousand, when a stranger like me dropped into there I was not a stranger to them, but an instant friend. They are country folk like me, I love Brinnon, it is full of good country folk, modest homes, things like that.

There is just one beer church, the kind of people I serve by doing weddings and funeral services for because they don’t have religions or go to churches, it is about a half mile out of town, that is where I spent New Years eve, well until ten PM when I went back to my hotel room, I was sound asleep when the clock rolled around. But I will be posting more pictures about that evening.

I made a good crock pot of Navy bean soup yesterday, will make some cornbread muffins to go with it this morning. TFWY.... No, I didn't get laid, you didn't really expect me to did you? Not that I couldn't have, but I don't go for one night stands.

Have a great day, hugs…. BBC

8 comments:

BBC said...

Televisions are seen by many as evil things. Turning people into couch potatoes and filling children's minds with all sorts of stupid media and stupid beliefs.

I'm beginning to think that computers and the Internet is the next evil thing, only converting people to chair potatoes instead of couch potatoes, unless of course you have a laptop.

Not that either are fully evil, but they are inherently evil. Hey, get off your frigging chair and do something useful today.

Go to a peace protest or something. Yesterday I went to Rick's shop and took the covers off of an 8 foot florescent light fixture to get the part number off the ballast so he can get a new one.

Then I helped him put up a 4 X 8 foot shelf to store materials on. Get off of your chairs, go do something.

BBC said...

WASHINGTON - Scientific advisers to the government emphasize in a report the importance of teaching evolution in public schools.

They haven't been teaching that? I'm sure that I was taught some evolution in school when young, it sure makes a lot more sense than creation. Like I keep saying, we are God in evolution. All we have to do is take responsibility for it.

BBC said...

Intelligent design holds that the universe's order and complexity are so great that evolution cannot explain it.

I wouldn't take any bets on that, it will explain it in time, as the scientists learn more.

billy pilgrim said...

the 2 main factors in our universe are time and luck. the current human concept of time is too primitive to adopted by science.

so i've heard.

BBC said...

Time is just something humans invented to try to understand things, and get to work on time. The universe could care less about time, it is always moving forward into the future.

The monkeys of course spend a lot of time mucking around in the monkey shit of the past, keeping them confused.

They should stop doing that and look to the future.

Kalibitch said...

Waving Hi.

Dave said...

I have always loved living in a small town... Maybe one day I will once again return to one.

BBC said...

Dave, so you live in a big town for the money? Do you own your own home in that big town?

If not, why are you there?