Monday, January 07, 2008

Not a New Years Trip Post

I still have things to post about my New Years trip but I’m going to digress for a bit today. Rick got a new (to him) air compressor the other day. An old Speedaire, old but it’s been rebuilt and they are good work horses that last for years. It’s pretty big, about five feet long and almost five feet tall, and heavy.

He wants it installed outside of the shop so I went over there yesterday and helped him get it in place as he was having trouble trying to figure out how to do that. All my friends are idiots but at least they are within walking distance. LOL

So in the next week or so I will be going over there and plumbing the air lines and wiring and building a shelter around it for him. It should serve all his air needs for years.

I got an email from the president of the local chapter of the Insane Chicks Society yesterday also, saying that she was going to have to have a talk with me about ‘insulting’ her some times. You see, she thinks I’m insulting her when I think I’m trying to share some country wisdom about moderation with her.

Too many women want too much, for everything to be nicer, and to have more of it, they think it will make them happy, I know that it won’t. They just have what you can call the Protestant Work Ethic drilled into them. I can relate to that, used to have it myself.

She can have all she wants I guess, as long as she is willing to work her butt off for it, but she won’t own it, it will own her. And I want no part of it, the happiest people I know are just good country folks that have modest homes and possessions and aren’t interested in working their butts off making the rich richer just so that they can have something a little nicer.

Give me a modest home with some wear on it that looks like it is lived and loved in any day over a fancy show piece. You just can’t please women like that and I have no intention of trying anymore. I know plenty of men that just lead quite peaceful happy lives alone and have nothing to do with modern women because they are a pain.

You can call that wisdom or what ever else you like, I don’t care. The happiest woman I know is Helen and she lives in a small basic home, that is all the proof I need.

Is there anyone left out there who does not yet understand that our government is a plutocracy? And if you are reading this I doubt that you are one of them, you just work to help keep them rich. Plutocracy….. A political system governed by the wealthy people.

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:

BBC said...

I just read a ladies blog that was talking about a 'Black Widow' spider, a driven woman is how I understood it.

Ah, so the president of the local chapter of the Insane Chicks Society can now be thought of as a Black Widow. Interesting insight.

BBC said...

"DETROIT - Cars that drive themselves — even parking at their destination — could be ready for sale within a decade, General Motors Corp. executives say."

A decade? I don't think so. I've been hearing about that kind of technology for thirty years and it's still far from being a reality. It may well happen someday, but not in a decade.

Hell, in a decade we will still have roads that are going to hell and needing to be replaced and upgraded and that will just add to the cost of it all.

BBC said...

I tossed it recently but for some time I had a National Geographic on my desk talking about oil, coal, the energy crisis and the fact that we are destroying the environment and it's ability to support life here.

Sounds like something you would read today, doesn't it? But that magazine was 20 years old. Same old crap, just a different day.

Gledwood said...

BBC: not as in anything to do with the British Broadcasting Corporation... no?

:-\

:-]

:-/

Kahshe Cottager said...

Thanks for dropping into my blog and leaving a comment. Serendipity at work, I think, when I read this post! I hope my home is comfortable and lived/loved in as it would be hard to see it perceived as a fancy show piece... but it is time for new paint! :-)

Gledwood said...

☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆

OK fair enough... I'm victim to my own skimming... in mitigation may I point out nobody reads my profile either

actually i've been here before some months ago... you must understand "BBC" here in Britain has powerful resonances so I don't forget those initials!

☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆.¸¸.☆*´¨`*☆

BBC said...

Gledwood, interesting doodling. :-)

billy pilgrim said...

plutocracy rocks.

trickle down economics is going to save us all. the rich still don't have enough money to let a little trickle down to us poor folk. but once they get enough loot it's going to start trickling down like crazy! god bless the rich.

i'm getting a great big net to catch it all in.

BBC said...

I think I detect some sarcasm in Billy Pilgrim's comment. :-)

Lady Liberty said...

Hi Billy, stopped by to say hi since I've been out of circulation for so long, but I'm back.
Glad to see some of the old gang is still around.

Be well, my friend.

LL