Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Years Trip – Pic 5

I drove a few of the back roads to explore the area around Brinnon, and took a lot of walks. Was surprised at the number of homes out in the woods considering how small the town is. There is no way for them to build a bigger economy and they mostly depend on tourists and travelers to support the town I guess. And there are a lot of retired folks there. Some folks go to the bigger cities to work of course.

A man asked me if I had seen the falls, I hadn’t heard of them, they were only three miles away and a short walk off of the road so I went to look at them. The pic is the Rocky Creek Falls, it would be a nice place for a picnic in the summertime.

Everyone running for preznut talks some green talk, about their plans to help save the environment. I would like to know just how green they are. I’ll bet everyone of them live in big fancy places and blah, blah, blah.

Political Bullshit

Is Selfish Capitalism Driving Us Mad?

Not that I assume that anyone values my opinion but my prediction for 2008 is chaos, turmoil, and recession. And our money isn’t going to go as far. Well, as an interested observer, I’m going to the beach. :-)

Is there anyone left out there who does not yet understand that our government is a plutocracy?

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

8 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

why does no candidate question the pace of growth?

growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell.

BBC said...

Billy Pilgrim.... Right on !!

But capitalist's want more people here to make more money off of. WTF ???

Dave said...

There are often things hidden in small towns. A waterfall... a cave... stories... I think you found one of these towns.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you! :-)

cathy said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip.
Bush looks more like a monkey than the pg tips chimps.

Ryan said...

I for one would agree with your prediction for 2008. Fire and brimstone....

It's going to be ugly.

Constance said...

Too bad there aren't any good candidates. But the right perosn for the job wouldn't want to run for it.

And as per the comment you left me, okay, I'll bite - exactly what mistake was it that I made ? He was divorced, he pretended he didn't have a girlfriend, it took me 6 months to find out he did and then he kept acting like he was going to break up with her nay second. He acted like he was a good guy and I was naiive enough to believe him. For much too long. But I tell the truth myself, so I assumed he was genuine as well... Took quote a while to realize the b.s. I'd been handed --

BBC said...

Ryan, true, maybe. Time will tell. But the real question is, have you prepared for it? Or is it just life as usual for you?

I've prepared for it the best I can, but many haven't because they love to live in denial and enjoy the good life. Um, no offense, but like you.

But silly me, I live in one room and wait and observe mankind. But I'm as prepared as I can get.

Better stock up on beer my friend.

sumo said...

Hey BBC! Nice that you had a lovely trip and met more people. Been very busy myself...hope you've been cooking up a storm. And...yes the world around us and politics is really heating up.