I moved here ten years ago, with a 1972 Ford pickup with an eleven foot camper on it. A cool 1978 Mercury Zephyr, an 18 foot boat, and all my tools and equipment. Gave the lady I was with a quick claim deed to the home and just left. Money wasn’t important to me.I moved here with every intention of being a bum. Now I have this little empire, such as it is, but I’m happy with it. I have very few bills and get by just fine. And sometimes I’m reminded to be thankful that I don’t have a partner I’m trying to make happy and keeping me broke because she is always wanting more. I guess I’m a failure as a bum, gotta be a special kind of stupid to fail at being a bum. LOL
I made a breakfast pizza yesterday, made the crust from scratch, used whipping cream I was given in it, it was very good pizza. Helen claims that the split pea soup I made (gone now) was better than in the cafes so thumbs up for my sloppy and inventive ways of cooking.
I took Helen to a knee specialist yesterday, some days she can hardly get out of bed, I hope that he can help her some, we’ll see. If Helen wasn’t 85 years old and wore out we would make a great couple. She is the wisest, sweetest, most un-needy woman I know. Of course it helps that she thinks that I’m the smartest man she has ever met.
While she was at the doctors I went down to the city pier, there is a tower at the end of it and I took the picture from up there. The structure that I added a red line to is covered and there is a bandstand under it, they have music there every Wednesday evening in the summers. I used to take my 32 foot boat over and enjoy it, it was the only way I could enjoy a beer while enjoying the music.
I met and was talking to a young man up on the tower, he is from Alaska but is working here. Has a sort of hook on his left arm, cut off his hand with a saw in high school wood shop. Got a million dollar settlement, pissed it away in 18 months and says he is happier now without the money. I can understand that.
And Helen finely got a handicapped parking permit yesterday. Isn’t Yahoo Freecycle great? I’ve never asked for anything on it, but have spotted few things I could use and got them. And I’ve given a lot of things away on it. Like a VCR yesterday, I don’t need 5 VCR’s sitting around here.
Hey, have a great day, hugs….. BBC

6 comments:
"President Bush is visiting our good friends in Saudi Arabia. Today President Bush said the Saudis are fully enlisted in the war on terror. Yeah — so fully, they’re on both sides." - Jay Leno
"Because of the writers’ strike, the Golden Globes had to be cut down from three hours to one hour. And the winner is? The American public." - David Letterman
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush will offer ideas on Friday for shoring up the fragile U.S. economy, as he and the Democratic-led Congress move forward with talks on a plan to avert a recession.
The rich want you to spend more money so that they don't have to suffer a recession with you. So get out those credit cards and go shopping.
It's pretty interesting looking at the news around the world and seeing how things are shaping up.
I'm thinking that the rich will still be doing okay even though they will have to cut back on spending some.
And that everyone else will have to learn to get by on less, and be thankful for they do have.
I also expect to see less help and support for those that have ruined their lives with drugs and stupid decisions. And those that can't make their own way after reaching adulthood.
We'll see how it looks at the end of the year, but it looks like it will be a very interesting year.
Yer now some'at mate? Yer actually a bloody good bloke for a curmudgeon.
If I ever make it out that way I'll buy you a beer or three with pleasure.
What is a "quick claim deed"? The person handling my late father-in-law's house said we could get one of those after the deed was changed so we could sell it. We have a buyer waiting, but the land division needed to be changed.
"What is a "quick claim deed"?"
It's a document where if a property is in two names (or considered common and shared property as in a marriage) you can have an attorney draw up a quick claim deed giving your share to the other party so that they are the only owner.
I don't have a will, yet. So if I learned that I would be dying in a few months I could have a quick claim deed made up to give my property to anyone that I want to have it.
Quick claim deeds are generally cheap to have drawn up and save a lot of hassles if you are moving on and don't care about money and such things as that.
If I learned that I would be dying soon I would quick claim my place to Rick, he would get stuck with the cost of my cremation but only a few thousand bucks is nothing compared to what he would be getting in return.
Not that my place is very much, but it is free and clear so he would make out just fine on it.
Now send me some damn home made peanut butter cookies. :-)
Post a Comment