Only one hotel in Brinnon, all the rooms are on the second floor and the rates are reasonable for this area. The first floor consists of the Community Center. I noticed a sign that said “Soup Today” so I went in to check it out. Monday’s and Friday’s they serve soup from 11 to 1. Tue, Wed, Thur they have a meal in the evenings at 5. Great people, very friendly, homemade soup for a buck a bowl, it was potato and sausage and very good. Some of the folks decided to have a potluck on New Years day so I went to it also. There wasn’t many there, just nine of us, but we had a great time and the food was great. I sat with the couple that are looking back, they used to live here in Port Angeles but moved to Brinnon when he retired. He is 80 and knows Rick’s dad. The lady they are looking at, with the reddish sweatshirt, had made two pans of peanut butter/chocolate fudge, very nice lady, gave me one of them to bring back home. I sure didn’t spend much on meals on the trip. The lady with the coffee cup to her mouth was at the Geoduck on Years Eve. The lady at the other table, in red, runs the hotel, is young, with a baby. Geoduck btw is one of the species of clams in the Hood Canal.
I talked to a few people around Brinnon that didn’t like Californians moving there, I don’t blame them. It’s not that they are not nice folks, it’s just that they move to quite areas and then can’t shut their brains up. They are always wanting more money and fancier homes, to change things and such. Get enough of them here and this place will go to hell, become another California. I’m thankful that what I have is all I need.
It should be noted that from a citizen's standpoint, there's very little difference between a capitalist government and a socialist government.
I bought a great refrigerator magnet the other day. It is a picture of a bunch of monkeys and says “The Monkeys are running this zoo”. How true, and in 380 days we decide on which monkey leads this country for the next four years. Not that it matters, it’s just the next big nut that worked it’s way to the top and has a good and fancy life. This country is so screwed.
Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:
It should be noted that from a citizen's standpoint, there's very little difference between a capitalist government and a socialist government.
Make that into a bumper sticker. I have never read anything more true and more well-put. Seriously.
they're gonna spend a lot of money picking the monkey.
i think capitalist and socialist governments are like different religions. they just take a different route to the same destination and fill their pockets along the way.
Geoduck is spoken as 'gooeyduck'
The first (& only) time I ate geoduck (clam) it was in "Old Town" Seattle, in a sushi bar. Toshiro said he opened in 1966. This was in 1999 and I was installing Jamba Juice menu boards for another university community store or two. My wife ran the business with extreme vigor. This is the energy you notice about those aggressive Californians. My county has more cancer and more entrepreneurs than anywhere. When my wife was diagnosed she just worked MORE. I was lucky to have started Taichi in time to notice how this pathology edits reasoning. The way she succumbed to cancer pushed me into conflict resolution classes. I hope a spirit of mediation can bring restorative justice to the tendency to take advantage (greed.) My trust in Common Sense shows by being a primary post at the source of my archives.
You think you've got problems? We've got a Scotsman runnin' the show....
and runnin' us into the ground 'n all :(
That Four Dinners guy is weird. LOL
Brad, I guess you have a sickness something like the Protestant Work Ethic. I can relate to that, used to have it myself.
Two pans of peanut butter/chocolate fudge? Oh, goodness! Yum.
An extended New Year's trip; good for you!
Enjoy!!
The Monkeys have always ran the zoo. Having a Monkey run it is not the problem, rather the quality of the monkey, is.
I collect fridge magnets when I travel. Nothing as cool as that one though!
Post a Comment