Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Years Trip – Pic 6

On New Years day, I walked down the highway to the Seal Rock beach and campground, and through it, it’s only about a half mile out of Brinnon. It’s very nice, closed for the winter but I’ll be going back there for some camping next summer. The picture is of some of the beach, on the right are some steps from the campground to the beach. There is a number of access points to the beach from the campground.

I heat my place with a 220 volt two element, two fan wall heater. I noticed yesterday that one side wasn’t heating. A few years back a friend gave me two exact heaters so I installed the backup. Now I’ll keep my eye on one for sale as I’ll need it sooner or later anyway, when I remodel my next room for sure. It sure is nice to be handy and be able to do most things myself.

Now I have to fuss about the world some, don’t want to, just driven by the cosmos to do it.

Democracy was invented in Athens. I question why Americans are so fond of it, other than the fact that they think it gives them a voice. Gives them a voice, ha, ha, ha. Like they would know what is good for them. Like I’ve said in old posts, America is just the Roman Empire reborn here, and I’m sure it will fail just as Rome did.

Germany does not recognize Scientology as a religion and regards it as a cult masquerading as a church to make money. Scientologists reject this view. Of course they would reject it, but I agree that it is a cult, and they do make a lot of money.

I got an email yesterday from a lady that lives just west of me, after I sent her a link to a kid having a fit and she said something that I can fully agree with.

“Now that was funny..................and why I never had children. Children should NOT be raised as the center of the universe. They are NOT in charge. Breaking them of the entitlement mentality is impossible because we are inundated by the media which says that we all have a right to have everything that we WANT right now and then it is not enough when you do get it so ya gotta get more.”

Interestingly, it’s more often than not the child in adults that are controlling them, this is why democracy the way it is practiced doesn’t work. I don’t allow the child in me to always be pestering me for more, but many people do.

Billy Pilgrim made an interesting comment yesterday, “why does no candidate question the pace of growth?” They don’t want to, capitalistic greed depends on more people showing up all the time. Those that work their way to the top in our political system are all agents of the status quo. Americans would be better off tossing them all out and finding some good country folks to run this country, not going to happen though.

He also said, “growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell.” Yup, mankind is just a cancer because he hasn’t got sense enough to control his populations. I did my part, got my wife on birth control, she would have been happy to have six kids.

Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws. - Amschel Mayer Rothschild

The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the government of the U.S. since the days of Andrew Jackson. - President Franklin D. Roosevelt

I note with much interest that women want me to love them unconditionally, yet they expect me to accept all of their conditions.

On a spiritual journey? The interesting thing about them is that us that are on them can't seem to come to a collective agreement about what we are because everyone seems to be on their own separate journeys instead of coming together in a common agreement.

Hey, have a great day, hugs…. BBC

11 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Democracy was invented in Athens. I question why Americans are so fond of it, other than the fact that they think it gives them a voice."

Americans think they invented it, along with the rest of the world of course, and therein lies a big problem called an ego too big to see past.

BBC said...

Well, they keep forgetting the past anyway.

billy pilgrim said...

it is the last days of rome, let the games begin.

i didn't get to where i am today by letting some dumb bitch who has never had kids tell me how to raise them.

BBC said...

Pilgrim.... I don't know how you raised your kids. I raised mine to be conservative and moderate.

Not that it did any good, after they leave home society gets its hands on them.

billy pilgrim said...

my point was i don't take driving lessons from people who have never driven.

i've tried to mold rational anarchists, ala mr heinlein.

Ripple said...

Yes, that is an interesting thing about women.

dawn said...

HEllo my friend and I hope the new year brings great things for you. I'm back and rejuvenated. You have so many post to catch up on. Your trip sound great so far , til tomorrow Hugs!!!

BBC said...

Hum, after achieving anarchism how do we govern ourselves? I think governments are needed, but much better ones than we have.

Anti-thesisofreason said...

My father had me help him everyday, when I was a youngin, with things around the house. I helped him put a two story addition on it, it took us about ten years (my father was never fast at anything). But do you think I have the confidence to do a lot of the things I know how to do??? Nope I sure don't. I have my own house now and want to do my own things with it I guess I just gotta do them and not think too much about it. Myeb I'm just overwhelmed by the fact that it's my house and I'm responsible for it??
Maybe I just think too much :-)

BBC said...

Anti.... I don't understand why you would be overwhelmed by the fact that it is your house. Unless it is big and owns you instead of you owning it.

I love that I'm very handy and can do many things, it saves me a heck of a lot of money.

On the other hand, others that are not so handy hire people and that helps them get by.

But I seldom use those with fancy homes, I find free lancers and use them. I have enough friends in the various trades that if they don't know how to do something they know someone that does.

And they help me get things done a lot cheaper.

cher said...

if we are all gods in evolution, aren't technically we all the center of the universe...including children?