Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Awareness test

Caution: Reading this blog may make you mentally unstable. Ha, ha, ha. Oh hell, you was in that condition before you came here, carry on then.

In this new era, coming soon to a 21st century region near you, the formerly industrial nations will have a great deal of trouble keeping the lights on, getting around and feeding their people. Vocational niches by the hundreds will vanish, while the need to make up for a failing industrial agriculture, with all its oil and gas inputs, will require a revived agricultural working class in substantial numbers.

If we want to survive the climate crisis we must change. Either we build real community -- with mass transit and local food -- or we will go down clinging to the wreckage of our privatized society.

Here is a link to an interesting awareness test, but is what you miss important if you are supposed to be keeping track of something else? Awareness test

And Carlin is always great, he can rant better than I do, although I don’t always agree with what he says.
A good George Carlin rant

"Now that the president has shown his willingness to bail out Wall Street at taxpayer expense, I hope he will drop his opposition to proposals designed to help ordinary homeowners by giving them the same bankruptcy protections available to other Americans," Reid, D-Nev., said in a statement.
Fuck Wall Street, they have been fucking consumers over for years.

Ants must be tough, there was a couple tiny ones scurrying around in the microwave and I nuked some water for a few minutes and they where still scurrying around.

Have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:

Knight said...

The awareness test was really interesting. It certainly surprised me. I didn't realize ants could survive a good nuking. Good to know.

dawn said...

Hi friend sorry I haven't been around much but it is my busy time of the year. I just watched a new George Carlin concert on HBO and he was hysterical as usual. The funny thing is though my son thought it was amazing that a man his age could actually stand up for the whole concert. HEE HEE ah to be young. Have a great day!!!!

cathy said...

The awareness test was good but the only thing worse than the guy making jokes about sex with children was the audience laughing at the sicko. Sticking his "ding- dong" in the microwave with the ants would be funnier.

Good greif now you've got me ranting.

Cedar said...

You nuked your water and just left the ants in there? You are a sick Bastard, I swear you are. You don't have any pets do you?

soulbrush said...

love george carlin, makes me laugh, and that's more important than nuked ants at this stage of my life!

BBC said...

Of course I have pets, four cats. What in the hell has that got to do with a few disposable ants that are invading my space? They should stay outside where they belong.

Besides, ants will be here long after mankind has killed himself off.

Karen said...

"Now that the president has shown his willingness to bail out Wall Street at taxpayer expense, I hope he will drop his opposition to proposals designed to help ordinary homeowners by giving them the same bankruptcy protections available to other Americans."

In your dreams!!

billy pilgrim said...

i missed the feckin bear.

maybe next time.

BBC said...

In my dreams? Na, my dreams usually involve boobs. :-)

cathy said...

Guod grief, apparently my spelling goes to hell when I rant.