HAPPY ST. PATRICTRICS DAY !! They are serving corned beef and cabbage at the beer church this afternoon so I’ll spray some green on my hair and wander over there for a serving and visit with my beer church monkey friends for a bit. Many of them are examples of how not to be ya know. The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven't seen the joke yet.
Irish Proverbs
* May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
* Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom. [Bullshit !]
* A change of work is as good as a rest.
* Trouble hates nothing as much as a smile.
* A good retreat is better than a bad stand.
* Time is a great storyteller.
* The work praises the man.
* There is light at the end of the tunnel. [It’s a fucking train]
* You will never plough a field if you only turn it over in your mind.
* A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. [Goes well with some beer]
* Reputations last longer than lives. [Believe everything you hear about me]
* Don't postpone a good deed.
* Making the beginning is one third of the work.
I went out to Josephine’s yesterday, to get some scrap wood from the deck a tree fell on and demolished. Most of it was true one inch decking and a lot of it is salvageable that I can use in projects, like if I decide to make my own camper.
Josephine is the sweet old lady that owns the really nice yurt that she let me use for a spiritual retreat with others for a few days last fall. I know that I did a post on it but I can’t find the link to it. Oh well, it was just some monkeys fucking around that didn’t get the world fixed.
New around here? Maybe you would like to read about my old retreat. My old retreat
Hey, you monkeys have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

12 comments:
Brenda O'Malley is home making dinner, as usual, when Tim Finnegan arrives at her door. 'Brenda, may I come in?' he asks. 'I've somethin' to tell ya'. 'Of course you can come in, you're always welcome, Tim. But where's my husband?' 'That's what I'm here to be telling ya, Brenda. 'There was an accident down at the Guinness brewery..'
'Oh, God no!' cries Brenda. 'Please don't tell me.' 'I must, Brenda. Your husband Shamus is dead and gone. I'm sorry. Finally, she looked up at Tim. 'How did it happen, Tim? ''It was terrible, Brenda. He fell into a vat of Guinness Stout and drowned. 'Oh my dea! But you must tell me truth, Tim. Did he at least go quickly?' 'Well, Brenda... no. In fact, he got out three times to pee.'
Happy St.Pat's Day Bill
* Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom.
It's also a sign of mental disabilities and/or Prozac addicts.
A fun political cartoon
http://jokelibrary.net/yyPictures/m/2008b.html
Ha, ha, ha, those christian political monkeys are bat shit insane, and taking us down with them.
ah, the irish. not a bad apple among them.
what about getting drunk and beating up the wife?
Let's see, John Wayne spanked his wife in that fine Irish movie. And a fine butt it was to spank. Yup, I'm spank her butt, and kiss her boobs.
*smirk*
Or spank her boobs and kiss her butt. Ha, ha, ha.
"Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom. [Bullshit !]"
*grin*
I'm pretty much always happy ..
cheerful
I dont think I'm stupid..
I dont think I'm unwise.
but thats just me ..
maybe I'm just a grinning moron
'they fuck you up, your mum and dad'...Philip Larkin
a must-read!
"Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom"...
does drunk cound as cheerful?
lol
Post a Comment