Monday, March 03, 2008

Can’t stop posting

But I’ll try to keep them short. I’m going to be spending my time watching more world news and events and the political rhetoric for a while so won’t have time for a lot of blogging. I’ll visit blogs but not as many as I’ve been trying to keep up with.

And I’m getting ready for a depression and revolution if it comes, and it looks like it will. Are you getting ready for hard times? The wise people are. It’s interesting to ponder on how the next revolution, if it happens, will look and work. I’m not about to predict how, it’s hard to say, but I know that I’m not the only one that is tired of greed.

Cute cartoon, and so true. I learned how to type on a typewriter in high school, and it has served me well, this little monkey loves to type.

I got half of the first ceiling panel glued in place yesterday and will glue the second half in place today, I didn’t make enough supports to do a whole panel at once. I’ve gotten so sick and tired of humanity (the stupid monkeys), especially the women available these days that I want to get it done so I can spend time at the beaches and mountains away from them.

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery' ?
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

14 comments:

BBC said...

LONDON - European and Asian stock markets tumbled Monday as investors reacted nervously to a steep decline on Wall Street Friday after disappointing economic and corporate news rekindled worries about a U.S. recession.

Ha, ha, ha. I love to see American greed hurting.

BBC said...

Credit crisis seen as economic threat .

No shit? That's what people get for not using their brains and buying more than they need trying to make themselves happy.

Happiness is being debt free. Oh, and staying away from needy women. I'm taking the wise, wonderful and sweet Helen to town today to do her monthly banking, we will have a simple breakfast at the Cornerhouse Cafe. It doesn't take much to make us happy.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

The system is collapsing, yes indeed.

Goody.

Love,
Terri in Joburg

BBC said...

Have you gotten prepared for that Terri, it will affect your country also. It will affect many countries.

Hell, it will affect me also, but I'll do just fine, I'm an old country hick that knows how to get by on little and be happy about it.

A lady said I was a hippie the other day, yup. :-) Part hippie, part redneck and proud of it, it is good.

Knight said...

Outside of saving money (which I'm doing) how do you recommend being prepared? I'll admit I'm naive but at least I want to learn.

BBC said...

Well, I have many skills, that helps a lot. I don't have any bills to speak of. I have maybe a years supply of basic food items.

Some rain barrels, room for a garden spot if I need to put one in. I get by on less than a tank of gas a month and can make it stretch 3 or 4 months if I need to.

I have a small alternate energy system. I can heat and cook with wood if I have to.

I've moved onto raw land before with out a job and little money and did just fine. The key is being okay and happy with what you have. Etc, etc.

And I live in a smaller town on a coast where I can hunt and fish if needed. People in big cities are at a disadvantage in hard times. But they'll just have to figure out ways to deal with it.

BBC said...

Anyone with a job will just have to learn to cut back and have less and do less and they should get by okay.

Knight said...

I'm worried about needing to leave New York if I lose my job. I really love it here but I suppose I can be happy anywhere. Living in the city I'm constantly exposed and surrounded by different cultures and ideas. It's easy to find people that will fight for what they believe in and it's a great place to learn quickly by exposure. If you choose to do so. But, if I have to leave, I have to leave.

By the way, a psychic would tell you they can't use their abilities for their own gain. That is why they can't win the lottery or avoid divorce and whatever else happens in life. I think they say the same of witches. People will believe anything.

JINKS said...

hard economic times I can take, grew up without and not afraid to go back to it....who says you can't go home....lol.

regarding "needy women"...my observation is that they come in "handy" in not so hard times.

billy pilgrim said...

maybe the incredibly easy ride that's been around for the last 50 years will end. but compared to the previous 5000 years things will still be relatively easy.

people have soft in the last 50 years.

Aunt Jackie said...

"One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus"...

Piercing The Veil said...

hello bbc ... i am back ... was busy ...

me too didnt have enough time to blog and read blogs ...

i do not know how to use the type writer ... not before I started to know how to togle with the keys of the pc ( laughing) ironic huh ... but true

seems you are getting busy with debate and stuff ...

well ... take it easy billy ...
anto

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the beaches and the mountains!

Take me with you!

Aquila ka Hecate said...

We get by on little- and it's getting less every day.

We too are skilled with cooking on wood, are ace gardeners and have the land for it,and our reliance on electricity is actually pretty small.
The rain barrels I'm getting next month, plus a supply of chlorine in case we have to drink it.
I have Mormon cousins from whom I've learnt a thing or two about keeping basic food stocks in the past-time to trot out the grain bins and put them on a basic rotation.
Security is a big issue in Joburg and is what most people are fearful of losing electricity for.
We have a team of four loyal and protective pitbulls for when the batteries give out.

I'm sure I'm misssing quite a few things but I'll fill them in as I come to them.
Love,
Terri in Joburg