
Being Sunday this isn’t the post I should do, but I am anyway, spirit doesn’t care what day it is. I like to work alone, at least on my projects, I’ve built homes alone for the most part. And after many years as a builder, inventor and fix it man I’ve gotten good at figuring out how to do things alone. It helps that I have different types of jacks, winches and such.The panels I’m putting on the roof of the camp trailer are not heavy, but do have to be positioned just right before gluing them in place. So I made a T bar with a 2X4 and a 6 inch wide board that I stapled some carpet padding on so’s not to mar the finish on the paneling. I put a hinge on the bottom of the T bar and a two foot length of board on a pivot, after getting the panel in close position I step on the board to hold it against the roof and reach down and put a piece of railroad iron on it to hold the panel up while I get it in just the right place. Now I can start gluing it into place.
Because of the small area I had to take two pictures to show how the T bar and pivot work. New readers, the pink on the walls is foam insulation panels glued to the outside skin and framing (I reframed it) with spray foam insulation, making this a very well insulated trailer for winter use. It’s taking me some time to get it done because I’m always busy with other things and a small income limits me to buying supplies when I can afford them.
Thin wood paneling will be glued to the interior, the big windows I’ve installed are double pane, I got them for five bucks each, this will be a very snug trailer to use as my spiritual retreat at the beaches and mountains, or shelter if my place burns down. Other than the foam panels, wood paneling and windows most of the rest of the trailer is being put together with used lumber and items that people have given me. The cabinet that will become the cooking counter and storage area is one that James gave me for example. Not my choice of color but the counter top will be formica I was given, and I’m just thankful to have it.
At the war protests I attend there are always more men than women, always. Generally by a large margin. Well, if the women on this planet don’t care about this planet because they are more interested in their empires and shopping maybe I shouldn’t care?
Consumer sentiment, regional factories sound recession bell. Greed grows until everything topples and America is a very greedy country, generally speaking. That has been proved time and again though out history.
The big news here is that a man was in beer church Saturday night when his ex girlfriend came in for a while. Then he went out to the parking lot, poured gas over himself and lit himself on fire. He’s now in a hospital in Seattle. Things like this is why I no longer allow the empire building women with attitudes mess with my soul and ego. I was talking to one yesterday that thinks she is just so special, but I wouldn’t even date her, American women in general have gotten way off track.
Cut back on the vices in your life. Sure, sometimes you need to escape the blahs of the world. But make sure the way you choose to do so is wise! Accept the fact that you can't do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it. It's called maturity, but no one is going to listen to me. Having said that, I’m not giving up my cheap beer, it helps flush out my bullshit filter, I’ll stop smoking before I do that.
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

8 comments:
Vices .. mm, them gadgets that someone uses to put the screws on .. mm?
sounds like you have a lot of work to do!
need a hand?
not from me of course. i'm lazy!
You make things like we do. We salvaged a fence last year, took the pickets off it and repaired our back fence. We are always looking for material we can salvage to use.
I'm not interested in building an empire. Just my own space that I had a hand in and I can be proud and happy of. I'm certainly not dumb enough to think I can do it myself. :)
Happy Day Billy. Your trailer looks good.
is your lever roman or egyptian technology?
tough call who were smarter, romans or egyptians. i have to go with the romans.
It doesn't really matter, the omnipresent spirit was both of them.
i too hate greed, hate attitude, hate hypocrisy and hate liars...actually most of the time i hate mankind these days...
Me also
But I do get an attitude about it.
Post a Comment