Thursday, March 13, 2008

Interesting dish

Salad shooters really aren’t made to grind up meat with, are they? Ha, ha, ha. But it works if the meat is cooked first. Yesterday I slow cooked two steaks that Lisa bought her first night here and wasn’t using so I slow cooked them until nice and tender. Then I ground them up through the salad shooter, and a chunk of cheese and can of water chestnuts.

Mixed in two small cans of tomato juice, two eggs and some seasonings and baked in a casserole dish with a layer of biscuit mix on top, very good.

9 comments:

BBC said...

Yesterday I bought two thornless blackberry shoots and two blueberry shoots. I may as well have a few berries around here.

billy pilgrim said...

sounds like a lot of work that took time away from the camper project.

BBC said...

All things in their time. I'm working on the camper some, but it has to dry out more before I can start putting it back together.

soulbrush said...

wierd concoction, mind you i've been a vegetarian for 30 years now, so what do i know?

zirelda said...

Interesting. Kinda sounds like a variation on a Shepards Pie...

Karen said...

Interesting, indeed. :o)

Knight said...

How do you come up with this stuff? Steak through the salad shooter? Biscuit Mix?

BBC said...

Hum, how do interesting minds come up with things?

Aunt Jackie said...

Salad Shooters!!! Good goddamn I had forgotten all about those things. One year my Mom gave everybody in the family a salad shooter for x-mas. LOL!!!