
There is a small church in my neighborhood that I often drive by. For about two years there has been a pickup camper in the back of the parking lot under a big pine tree. I recently stopped to take a better look at it and saw that it is made for smaller pickups so I went in the church and learned from a nice lady that it was abandoned there. I offered to make it go away if they wanted me to do that. She took my phone number and after taking it up with the board of directors called me and said I could take it. It needs some work, and one side of the big window is broke out, but it isn’t in too bad of shape. I scraped out a camper a few years ago so I happen to have another frame and window that size.
It will fit a pickup even smaller than mine, it’s that small, but I’m just thankful to have it. There is a two burner stove in it and an icebox, the overhead bed slides out to make a king size one, and the table converts into a bed also, that will work well for me. Not that I think anyone will be going with me, the available women in this area are to busying shopping and building their empires and want big fancy motor homes and fifth wheels, and they call themselves ecologists because they recycle a little, yeah, right. To heck with them.
Hey, one of my most intelligent friends would say that I’m just saying what needs to be said.
As you can see by the one picture, the jacks had failed and it was tipping badly, worse than the picture shows. Not one of the jacks are good but I have six extra ones here. Safety first of course, I have two portable camper jacks but first I had to get it to a decent angle before I could use them. So I backed the pickup along side of the low side and propped a 2X4 against it and the pickup bumper to keep it from sliding over on me as it was wanting too.
After I got it high enough with the High Lift jack (everyone should have a High Lift, they will lift and pull, a lot) I was able to use a camper jack on it.
I will soon have something for day long beach trips and camping. Now if I just had a little utility trailer for hauling firewood and all the other crap I like to take on retreats. I wonder if I could get away with dragging that stuff behind me on an old pallet, I know, I have a couple of wheel chairs here I can convert to trailers. LOL
This thinking will be over most monkeys heads but I’m going to ask you to think about it anyway. The U.S. Presidency in every sense affects the whole world. Therefore I think the whole world should be able to vote in our national elections. And of course that we should be able to vote in their elections, one world, one peoples.
A note to the young lady wanting to know how to be prepared for hard times (or even a natural disaster or war). One thing I do is keep a pack of 500 coffee filters here, you can boil and strain almost any dirty water through 2 or 3 filters and make it drinkable. If you can’t heat it, strain it anyway, the body can deal with a lot when it has to.
Knight left a link to a riot of a video, here is the link in case you missed it yesterday.
under Obama
Hey, have a great day, simply and peacefully, hugs…. BBC

10 comments:
What kind of sign does a prostitute hang on her door when she goes on vacation?
"Go Fuck Yourself."
I would never have thought of coffee filters. That is smart. Everybody says keep bottled water but that seems like such a waste to me. It couldn't possibly last very long.
I wouldn't waste the money on bottled water for what it costs. I do have some 55 gallon barrels that I replace the water in every six months to year.
Sometimes they shut the water off here to work on mains and such, it's nice to have some water on hand.
And this old water system doesn't have many back flow valves in it so anyone could inject some nasty thing in the system. Not that I worry about that, just stay prepared is all.
an enlightened planet would have one government.
in 200 years we will have a one world government and it'll be chinese.
I would like to think that it would be more like what the UN was supposed to be in the first place.
Hey, say something nice about my camper, goddamn it. LOL
That camper looks like a good find but isn't all that weight going to be hell on the truck? Ah, what do I know. I ride the subway.
No, it isn't that heavy and felt good coming home. Not that it was that far, and being a mechanic I can always put some overload springs on it, I've got a couple of them anyway.
Good going on the camper salvage job.
I don't think I'm into a one world one people thing.... there are too many different cultures that frighten me.
Yep, too many fuckers wanting to impose their way of life on us. Them damn christians, taliban, crazy other muslims all overshadow the good folk out there wanting to do good things and live good lives.Cunts.
Keep wishing Billy, one day the end'll come and some of us will be ready, the rest will go away and we won't have to worry about them.
Post a Comment