Friday, August 18, 2006

Most interesting blogs.

Most interesting blogs.
While I find Scott Adam’s blog to be entertaining, and even educational at times. I think the three most interesting blogs on the web are Alabama Buzz and Badtux, and of course mine. We all share a strange journey together on the way to a higher enlightenment, at least that is the way I see it. So I’m adding Badtux to my list on the right. When he’s writing satire it’s hard to follow him at times, but when he’s hammering at the truth he is generally right spot on, I think. And he finds some very interesting information and sites to share with us. Blog’s will help change the world socially one day.
http://badtux.net/

A nation is a society united by delusions about its ancestry and by common hatred of its neighbors. - William Ralph Inge

In everyone’s life
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. - Albert Schweitzer

When Insults Had Class
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." – Winston Churchill

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about." - Winston Churchill

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

"Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?" - Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it." - Moses Hadas

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." - Abraham Lincoln

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." - Oscar Wilde

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play, bring a friend... if you have one." - George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in reply

Sharona at
http://www.sharonanelson.blogspot.com/
Complained that she is having trouble writing her love stories. Gotta write love stories to make a living I guess, in her mind anyway. I suggested that she get a real job and then just write for the love of it. Or as I said to her, you don’t need more money, all you have is all you need. People always think they need more money, bullshit. I put two comments on her blog that she approved, then I sent two more, she not only didn’t approve them, she deleted the first two. Small people do that, he, he, he.

And I’ll never read one of her books, they are fiction, made up. I like first person love stories, like Richard Bach’s "The Bridge Across Forever." I’ve read it two times, it’s the only love story I’ll ever have to read. Or "I Take Thee Serenity." That was a very good love story also. If she writes a first person love story about her and her husband maybe I will read it. But I suspect that she doesn’t live the stories she writes, that she is just another American woman that is needy and wants more than she has. Why can’t people just go with the age-old wisdom of "All I have is all I need." ???? Really, if you have a roof over your head, food in the cupboard, someone to share life with, what more do you need? Believe me, I’m not going to ask Sharona.

I’m having two teeth pulled today, getting rid of these teeth is like a gift. I’d rather have teeth pulled than get a new car. Seven more to go and I can get a plate.

Ever ask God, or whoever, whatever, why this world is so messed up? What answer might you expect to get back? How about "YOU go about YOUR business of doing MY business or it’s going to stay messed up." BBC
bbc98362 at yahoo.com

2 comments:

Boomer Angst said...

What I'm about to say has been building over the weeks regarding the comments you've left on my blog.

What I "can't handle" is a complete stupid idiot--you. You know nothing of me and my life. You leave crabby messages on my blog that lecture me and use aggressive language. Who the fuck do you think you are, to lecture ME, asshole?

YOU think it's better I should work a shitty job and write for free, which is truly idiotic if one is good enough to make money at writing, which I am. Clearly, you know nothing of this issue. You've never been a professional writer and you never will.

You tell me to choose any word rather than agonize over it--clearly, you have NO CLUE what a writer does and what they take pride in.

You tell me if I want to change the world, I should be an ecologist. Oh, PLEASE. You need to get in touch with reality, bub. You sound like all those ecologists who think the world would be a better place if there were fewer people on it. So why don't you do the planet a favor and off yourself? Personally, I'd be delighted if all the people who moan and groan about such things did so.

You say "piss on money," but it comes in pretty fuckin' handy when you have a kid, bub. It also comes in handy TO PAY *YOUR* SOCIAL SECURITY. Stop collecting *MY* money and do something useful like WORK if you truly "piss on money". YOU go work the shitty job. But you won't do that, because you don't walk the walk--you only talk the talk.

You're nothing but a bullying blowhard who says whatever he thinks, WHEN he thinks at all, which I can tell isn't often. You comment on things you know NOTHING about, and do so with aggressive language that lectures and carps. You're all the stupid, stupid people who never fail to have an opinion, especially when they have their heads so far up their asses they can see daylight.

I don't need your idiocy in my life. No further comments by you will be allowed on my blog. Anything you send me will be deleted from my server before I read it.

Sharona

BBC said...

Didn't like a mirror held up before you? Too bad, Sharona.

And I'm allowing your comment to stand. :-)