The spider & the fly
For a few days I had noticed a small spider and its web just outside of my door. I tend to leave spiders that live outside alone as they keep other bugs down. I live with the creed that everything here has a chance to a right to an existence here, just not in my space, and surely not in my face. So if a spider gets in my inside space I will remove it from its existence. I also believe that you have no right killing something unless you love it, so I say something like "I love you little spider, have a nice life wherever you are going next" *squish* Goddess (mother nature) doesn’t seem to mind that I do that so I will continue to do so.
Anyway, I went out yesterday morning and there was a fly trapped on the spiders web and they where really fighting it out. The web was pretty much tore up and the spider being only about one third the size of the fly was trying to eat it alive. The fly was trying to get away and the two of them where spinning around like crazy, it was interesting to watch for a few minutes. I hope the spider won and got a nice meal.
Thank me later
There is now one woman added to the list of women that isn’t going to be having anything to do with men for some time, if ever. It’s okay, unless she changes she isn’t of any use to good men. Unless of course if you are a man looking for a woman that thinks love is just another business that needs to be taken care of and you don’t care if your hand gets held. It’s okay guys, you can thank me later.
On her blog, Sharona says that she started becoming weird at about fifteen. I didn't start becoming strange until in my fifty's, I must be a slow learner. But weird is more interesting than all those boring yo-yo's out there. All of my best friends are weird in one way or the other, and we have the most fun together. It’s okay, Einstein was weird also, we are in good company.
Hey, who owns this place?
Almost every time I open a door there is a cat or two either leaving or coming in, or both. I guess I’m just a doorman here. Isn’t that how cats view life? We are just here to serve them. The most loving one I have named Honey. She has an appointment at the vets on the 22nd to be spayed and get her shots and such. The other four will have to go too Peninsula Friends of Animals soon. I’ll miss them but they have to go. One cat and my Aloe Vera plants are about the only live things I want to be responsible for. Well, my apple tree, but that monster takes care of itself and just mocks me every time I trim it back and comes back bigger than ever.
My need to hear from others
Most of my friends are pretty good about sending me emails, even if they are just jokes, it’s how we let each other know that we are thinking of each other. If I don’t get email from them for a while it drives me nuts and I end up pestering them. One lady that I’ve known since moving here, and there has been a few bumps in our relationship over the years, fails to write at times, so I get on her. And then she shapes up for a while. :-) But she isn’t much of an email person, preferring to visit in person. Only I don’t get that way very often, and sometimes her husband is cranky (jealous of our bond), and I don’t like to be around cranky people.
Happy Birthday Rick
I stopped into Rick’s shop yesterday about five and it was his birthday. He has hit the big 50. That’s about twenty years longer than he expected to live. The fridge was stocked with beer and Earl brought him a jug of Black Velvet, aged eight years. He sure was in a good mood, even though he was talking about going out in a body bag. He’s weird, he just talks that way.
I didn’t stay to party with them, just had two beers and went home. But before I left he gave me the key to a neat Honda 150 scooter that I’ve been eyeballing and thinking of buying from him. Said to drive it for a few weeks and then if I wanted it I could pay him a hundred a month until it’s paid for. At eighty miles per gallon it’s pretty tempting.
My good deed yesterday was helping a young man and his girlfriend move to their new apartment and start their young lives together with each other. I wish them luck with that and am looking forward to marrying them some day. What good deed did you do yesterday?
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
I have given two cousins to war and I stand ready to sacrifice my wife's brother. - Artemus Ward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment