Saturday, August 05, 2006

Searching for the truth

First something funny, posted on the Dilbert blog because Scott is screwing off and not doing any posting. "To Whom It May Concern: The Dilbert Blog is hereby cancelled. Mr Adams has found religion and no longer has anything interesting to say….Posted by: Mr Adams' Lawyers

Something else posted on one of the Dilbert blog a while ago when discussing God. It was something like "Oh, I so believe in God, and I hate the son of a bitch." Geez, what did I ever do to him? He must mean that Christian God though.

What good are the Bibles and Koran’s if they just keep things here messed up? Dear Mrs. Bush, you are not playing with George's dick enough or he wouldn't have so much time to screw other things up. And you should take his damn Bible and Rapture books and burn them, they have put an insanity in him. Buy him a Playboy and some good nature books. Or just tell him you have a new game to play with him and put a plastic bag over his head, be a compassionate Goddess and put him and us out of his delusion that he is doing Gods work.

Searching for the truth.

The influence of religions and do they have too much was the topic at our Conversation Café meeting Thursday. As a new age spiritualist I contend that we should get rid of all religions and be spiritual only be as God and Goddess. Those words will never go away so they should be put in proper context. They should even stop talking about them and teaching them to the children of the world. Here is what I had to say at the meeting.

I contend that God is a spirituality only, and not an omnipotent being or entity. If there was such a God this world would not be the way it is because such a God would be our parent and make everyone mind and treat each other right. As a spirituality only, and being in evolution like everything else, it’s clear that this spirit is only about three years old. We all know that three year olds are a mixture of love, hate, greed, goodness, needs, has a screwed up evolving ego, and things like that.

I also contend that this God in evolution is us, and thanks to our ancestors screwing up their minds, our own screwed up egos, it’s clear to see why we can’t see that. If you look at God as the all then you must see yourself as part of the all, therefore you are the all. I have to believe in God even though for many years I didn’t. If I didn’t believe in God I couldn’t believe in any of you because I see you as God and Goddess.

Touch the person on both sides of you….. You just touched God and Goddess, it’s as simple as that. (End of what I said, the first time)

Betty said that what the world needs is for a very charismatic person to show up to fix things. I agree with that, I can be, but more often than not I’m like a pit bull because I’m always pissed off at how this world is. Of course, I’m also changing a bit at a time so who knows. Scott Adam’s might be a candidate, he’s been on his own strange journey and I’m sure that he is working on a great book about it all now. In any event, this person will be convincing everyone that we just have to get over ourselves and all those religions, stop talking about them, stop studying them, stop trying to make money off of them, and think spiritually only, and stop teaching them to our children, or it will never end. At least that is what the cosmos is telling me.

I also note that spiritual growth often is a result of dealing with the women on this planet, have you ever noticed that? Women and their needs and greed’s cause a lot of problems and I think that they should just get over themselves if they really want the world to be a better place, and start making it a better place.

Sent to me in an email….. In line at the bookstore, I couldn't help noticing the two bestsellers the person in front of me was prepared to purchase: "Conversations With God" and "How to Argue and Win Everytime." (Doesn’t anyone ever talk to Mrs. God? I’ve never won an argument with the cosmos so I won’t bother reading How to Argue)

http://badtux.net/ Is an interesting blog if you are seeking the truth about spirituality. You really should check out this site, read the subject post of ‘A penguin's guide to comparative religion’. & "Civil War in Iraq."

And I spotted interesting comments by readers. "Historical note: The three Invisible Sky Demon sub-sects all come from where the most potent hashish in the world is made. Just sayin'." … "Outstanding! Can't wait for polytheism!" (Multiple Gods, yup, almost seven billion of them now, all we have to do is accept it and treat each other accordingly)

If you go to www.beliefnet.com, you can take a little online quiz that will match your answers against the beliefs of about 20 religions. (A thought, why in the hell would I care how my answers matched up to 20 religions when I don’t believe in any of them?)

So lets sing a couple of songs.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord.
He comes squealing around the corner in his pink and yeller Ford.
He hath loose the terrible swift lightning of his terrible swift mill.
His rod is rolling on.
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to go.
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to go.
His rod is rolling on.
He comes squealing around the corner where the grapes for wine is stored.
(Hum, I need suggestions for adding to this, put them in the comments section)

On a hill far away stands an old Chevrolet.
All rusted and worn from the rain.
And someday I’ll trade that old Chevrolet
In on a brand new Ford.

I love these kittens. Four of them came into my place last night and spent the night with me. Okay, they were having so much fun that they damn near tore the place apart. My only boundary is my computer station desk, get on it and they will be Chinese food.

BBC, the pissed off part of God

1 comment:

FreakyNick said...

Religion is a problem because it tries to define what God is by using the limited words and ideas of the human mind. We know something exists. When we try to define God using human language, we lose its meaning or change it into something that is unnatural. Not everything in reality can be put into the limited languages of humans. Instead, religion tries to be above the natural world, more powerful than reality. Humans suffer because religion has become more important than happiness. Blind religious faith blocks the mind's natural curiosity about reality. The bibles of religion have many good concepts (and bad concepts, also). But it is how we interpret these concepts that lead to problems. You see this is where we try to conceptualize ideas which just don’t translate into human language. We lose something in the translations and this is very dangerous.

In the Mid-East they are trying to start a world war because their mythology and fantasies predicted rapture and that it is their foretold endtimes when they will all be saved and carried off to the land of eternal life and endless sexual gratification (how else would you describe a culture that promises virgins in Paradise/Heaven/Never Never Land). That belief is so far away from real spirituality that I consider it anti-spiritual. It is materialistic and selfish. (although, what could way to grab new converts, by promising them sex in Heaven Land)