Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You light up my life

Reminder, comments are now allowed and not moderated, feel free to say anything you like.

So I get tired of buying batteries, not to mention that they are nasty things, making them causes a lot of pollution and disposing them causes a lot of pollution. I was in a Walmart store recently and noticed an LED flashlight that you can turn the crank on for thirty seconds and it will give you an hour or more of light. For only nineteen bucks, so I bought it. LED flashlights don’t put out a powerhouse of light but they are good enough to see to get around in the dark with, or to read a book by if out camping.

It’s a pretty neat light sold by Safety Cross at http://www.safetycross.com/

They also have other interesting lights on their website. It has four light configurations, a siren, a pretty good FM radio that sounds decent, and a cell phone adapter to charge the battery on your phone. Also a compass, but it’s a piece of shit, the compass. I’m pretty pleased with it, I would buy another one, and I may buy their camp light.

Now I know quite a few people that won’t shop at a Walmart, seeing them as evil. And I won’t argue that point, but I don’t have a lot of shopping choices in this smaller town and I have friends that work there and are happy to have the work and seem pleased with their jobs and how they are treated. Walmart makes it so that we can buy products at affordable prices and make our money go farther and it improves the lives of people in China and other places. No matter where I bought that light, it was likely made in some foreign country and I have no problem with that, they have to eat also.

Like everything else, Walmart is an evolution and will change, die, or improve employee standards in time, as there are people working on getting them to improve employee standards. Or not, but people in this country should be happy to have a job of any kind that pays something, it’s better than sitting under a tree dying of starvation, and thirty thousand people a day do just that.

So yesterday I got an email from the president of the local chapter of The Insane Chicks Society and she said "As I re-read some of your emails, I do believe you are truly looking for a life partner." So I shot right back with "And you didn't pick up on that the first week you knew me?" And blah, blah, blah. But let’s qualify that. I’m looking for my spiritual, romantic hand holding mate that has been on her own strange and confusing journey and is ready to join me on mine. She will get me. But my current interest, she is nuts and has too many issues that she won’t admit too. She is a good woman, but she’s still nuts and has too many issues with herself and men, ah, I repeat myself. It’s okay, I’m moving on, I’ve learned that it’s a waste of time to invest too much time in something that isn’t going to work out and two months was enough. If a woman isn’t holding your hand by then it’s time to move on. Life is about lessons you know.

Like I said, I know the president of the local chapter of The Insane Chicks Society.

Quote: How do you move in a world of fog that's always changing things?

George replied. Feel your way. It can be fun in mixed gender situations.

Have a good day everyone, ask yourself "How would we live if we were more spiritually advanced?" BBC

No comments: