Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Two Idiots

Spotted on shirts and jackets:
Everyday I live with fear but occasionally I leave her and go drag racing.

(On front of a young ladies shirt, with a nice rack) Admit it: You’d go to jail for this.

(Another ladies shirt, with a picture of a spider on it) We could mate but then I’d have to kill you.

(Another ladies shirt) Goal of a Bitch. To dominate, control and destroy a mans Finances, Mental Health, Self Esteem and any hope for happiness.

(Another ladies shirt) Not everything is flat in Florida.

Two idiots
Our math system does not apply to some things. For example, two idiots working together adds up to three idiots. I went for a walk at eight the evening before last and stopped by John’s place to BS a little. John’s place is, well, different, it’s just a garage full of old cars and a bunch of crap, mostly car crap. They live in an old motor home and outside a lot, but they are peaceful people.
There was two guys (equals three) fixing to put new u joints in a driveshaft, they where trying to figure out which end of the drive shaft was the front, not having paid any attention when they took it apart. And they where trying to figure out how to install the new u joints. After watching them fuck around discussing things for fifteen minutes I sat on a chair and John handed me a beer and I talked them through it, the offset grease zert hole must face the shaft, line up both joints so that the grease zerts are in the same position, install the caps carefully so that a needle bearing doesn’t slip out of place, drive the first cap in past it’s position before installing the second cap to assist lining it up and not losing a needle, etc, etc.

They know that I was a master mechanic for many years so they where thankful for the advice, no problem, I love to sit around telling idiots what to do. A breakaway from the insane chick
herd wandered through but I didn’t pay any attention to her.

Speaking of insane chicks, I went to the peace protest (why do we protest peace?) Saturday and was ten minutes early, so at first it was just me and a lady sitting there on a bench talking to each other while we waited for others too show up. She had new batteries to put in her radio and asked me if I had a pocketknife, sure, I never go anywhere without a knife, ink pens and a lighter. While I’m cutting open the package the batteries were in I tell her about my neat flashlight that you just crank to charge up.

Then we start talking about the wars and all the stupid things going on and being done. That can get people emotional pretty fast, even when they are in agreement, and soon I said "Don’t get me started" and touched her on the arm. She went fucking ballistic, jumped up and screamed "Don’t touch me, men are always doing that." Holy shit, all I did was touch her, I touch lots of people when I’m talking to them, it’s a spiritual thing to me.

I apologized but she wasn’t accepting it, just said something snotty, so I apologized again, and got something snotty again. I said something else trying to explain that to me it’s just a spiritual thing, and I got another snotty reply. By then it was clear that she wanted the last word so I said "If you want the last word just say it." She just stomped off.

For the rest of the protest I avoided her like the plague, and just talked to the warmer chicks, if she came over by me I moved away, you never know what might set off a chick that clearly has issues with men and I didn’t want to deal with it. Besides, this is not a chick that men would be interested in touching in any personal way anyway. She should just get over herself and her issues with them.

In defense of the spoiled Catholic brat I mentioned in yesterdays post, I do want to point out that she was a hand holder and great hugger, even asked for them instead of waiting for them. And liked having her hair brushed, and that was a very enjoyable part of that experience. I have some nice memories from it, but she hasn’t remarried in thirty years and is still using her ex husband. Bummer, because we really did have some beautiful times for almost two weeks.

I’m wondering if there is a website where us guy’s can name these ladies and their last known locations so that other guys can avoid them. If they can’t get dates anymore maybe they will start getting the help they need in order to have decent relationships instead of blaming it all on the men.

Free to a good home. Thirty empty Peppermint Schnapps bottles. Some with the caps missing as when a friend or two shows up you just toss the cap away and enjoy the contents.

A beautiful bedspread
Helen, the old lady next door that I look after (and one of the coolest ladies on this planet), had this really neat bedspread that she wanted put on her couch, it had old sailing ships on it, and two curtains to match. So I bought her a flowered spread that she liked better and she gave them to me. I will use them in the camp trailer I’m going to fix up seeing as I finely got a title transfer into my name on it today. There where two names on the title, one had died, it took a death certificate to clean it up.

Speaking of bedspreads, the one on my bed is a very special hand made one, made by a dear lady that knows me very well. It has a copy (hand made of course) of the boat I owned for years on it, my zodiac sign, other nautical and sea life symbols, and it’s very nice to sleep under it. What a special lady she is to have made it for me.

Quote: Religious fundamentalists are motivated by the sneaking suspicion that someone, somewhere, is having fun -- and that this must be stopped.

Right, they don’t want anyone but them having fun. BBC

No comments: