
Yesterday I got my left rear window framed and in. Well setting in the hole anyway, I won't seal the windows in until I get further along on the project.Where the louvered window is on the left is where I'm putting a bigger dual pane window. The red lines shows approximately the area it will cover. It will be over the cooking and sink area.
I also started on framing in the rear of the trailer today where the table and seating will be, along with two windows across the back wall. As the weather gets better I will be able to start installing the panels, but it's not quite warm enough to seal them together in the way I'm going to do it.
I also took Helen out to Granny’s café with me for breakfast because Terry keeps inviting us out for a free meal, only it was at noon. I had called and they told me that Terry was there but when we got there he wasn’t. He returned just as I was getting ready to leave so I stayed a while longer and talked to him.
I took two pictures, the one is part of the dining room and counter area (yes, that is Helen in the picture). I remodeled it a few years back, installed the hardwood floor, cut up the horseshoe shaped counter and rebuilt it into L shape that is there now (it’s longer than it looks in the picture). It’s hard to see it in the picture but there is also a water station that is attached to the inside of the counter. Some of the formica work was interesting to do. Hell, that whole job was different. Like the brass foot rail? Other than the fake brick wall I pretty much completely redid that room, including the door on the right. Even the shelves on the left where the coffee cups are.
That is Helen in the picture and I know that I compare all women to women like her. For the simple reason that she knows how to get along with a man and doesn’t make life hard for them. Yup, most women I know wouldn’t make a pimple on her butt. Just saying.
You wouldn’t know that I can do good work by looking at my place that never seems to get finished. LOL….. Hey, it’s solid as a rock, that is all I care about. Leave fancy to the ego’s that need such things. I do like the work I did at Granny’s though, it’s homey out there, country, I should have taken more pictures.
The other picture I took out there is of a grandstand where they play music when the weather is decent, which is about eight months out of the year. Actually, it was a porch on a place nearby to start with. But the people there were forced out after having it built and didn’t want the new owners to have it so we went down there with a couple of tractors and took it up to Granny’s and turned it into a bandstand.
One of Terry’s daughters (three of them have wandered away from the café and working in it being as they grew up there are wanting different experiences) got a job on the second 164 foot yacht that was built here in town. Pecker extension boats I call them. He was telling me about some of her experiences there, like a drunken chef that came into the cabin she shared with a roommate, only the roommate had been replaced by a new crewmember. Actually, I guess all she saw was a bare ass getting kicked out of the room. LOL
So they fired the chef and now she is cooking for the crew being as she has the experience from Granny’s. She sure is getting a look at life as she didn’t know it by being protected out in the country. Yup, she is seeing what all the monkeys are up to. I am impressed with one aspect of her job though. They pay her $2500.00 a month and provide good medical benefits. Plus provide a place to live, meals, uniforms, etc. Pretty damn good for a young person, and she gets to travel around and see some of the world on the yacht. It beats working in a convenience store doesn’t it?
It’s the middle of February and some things are starting to bud out already, time to trim that monster of an apple tree that just keeps mocking me and getting bigger no matter how much I trim it back.

4 comments:
A man is known by the company (women) he avoids.
....
"Sir, your daughter says she loves me, and she can’t live
without me, and she wants to marry me."
"And you’re asking my permission to marry her?"
"No, I’m asking you to make her leave me the fuck alone."
He, he, he.
Granny's place looks pretty nice.
Living and working on a penis extender boat might be pretty cool. You don't make as much as a alaskan fishing boat but you get to enjoy the ride.
What a kewl little place ..
giggles at not being a pimple on her butt lol ... nice expression
you are living the life. you are right, i do need to get away from the city.
Post a Comment