
Yesterday was kind of a bleary day, with threats of rain. I didn’t want to put out my saws and such to cut more framing but I did get the skin nailed to the framing where the first window is now sitting and cut the excess skin out as the window is much bigger than the one that had been there. I want lots of windows in the back were the table is going to be so that I have good views. Even the heavier staples that I got from Rick wouldn’t go through the skin so I used galvanized nails. It isn’t actually set yet, I need to go get some sealer first. After I go read a lot of labels because sealers are always changing. I’ll find something I really like at a reasonable cost and then it disappears so I have to find another product.One statement that is always important to me when I’m looking at sealers is “sticks to wet surfaces”. If it will do that it will usually do the job I want it to do. Even the glues I make won’t do that, they just never let go if I use them on a dry surface in the beginning. Anyfuckingway, (I had to swear to see if I could offend someone) I only worked on the camper for about an hour. I also split some firewood up for Helen, took a walk, went to look at materials again and had a battery put in Helen’s watch. And watched a movie.
Oh, I took my camera to take a picture of three of the materials I’m considering putting on the walls. They ‘speak’ to me, I seldom buy anything unless it speaks to me. Even a candy bar, I’ll look at all of them, one of them will be saying “Eat me, you motherfucker”…. LOL… There are three in my roll up desk behind me still waiting, but I just haven’t felt like eating them yet. I’m thinking maybe the top one in the picture for in the table and seating area. The boats one for around my sleeping area because it will go well with the beautiful quilt that Laurel Ann made for me. And the native one for between the two areas.
I’m looking forward to getting it to the point where I can start taking it to the beaches and mountains and spending my days in peace and quite around all these monkeys. Weather permitting of course for working on it. Once I get it done the weather won’t make any difference, as I’ll be as snug as a bug no matter where I go in it. When I’m done I’ll put this old trailer up against any new one for warmth and comfort and ease and expense of heating. And get this, it will be lighter than it originally was. BBC
Colts tame Bears for Super Bowl victory…… And how many people died of starvation and in wars while these over paid monkeys where fucking around? Just asking. BBC

11 comments:
The more I learn about women, the more I like my peace and quite.
Chickweed Lane
Is there any issue with windows cracking or breaking due to bumpy roads and such or are they safety glass surrounded by rubber?
You just came up with the most brilliant candy bar marketing ever.
If you made a candybar that said
"eat me you motherfucker" in big letters on the package... hehehe people like to be told what to do.
He, he, he, I never thought of marketing candy that way, but I'll bet it would work.
The windows are tempered glass and pretty tough. They will be mounted with a sealer that stays flexible.
I don't foresee any problems, all campers have windows in them. Maybe I should ask a psychic.
*rolls eyes*
Tempered glass is actually pretty flexible. Pick up an 8 foot long pane of it at one end, that isn't in a frame and you will see what I mean.
But just bump an edge of it against something while you are moving it and it becomes a million pieces of shit.
i realised this morning that i missed the superbowl.
do you think it missed me too?
Alistair...... If you die tonight, do you think we will miss your blog tomorrow?
No, I don't think it missed you. Hugs.
The first quarter was great
The rest of it sucked.
But I had to watch it for reasons that shall go unmentioned on the internet.
Even the commercials were like lukewarm brussel's sprouts. Bleh.
I like the fabrics, BBC - If it were up to me, however (And I know it's not!) I'd use the native print throughout the whole living area, use the print on top for the upholstry on the chairs/benches, etc. and for some throw-around pillows, along with window-coverings - and then the boats in the bedroom like you said.
Just because I think that the native fabric and the one on top go very very nicely together.
I see you've found yourself some new viruses. Have fun playin' with them, Dear.
*hugs*
Sewmouse... Hugs to you also hon. The native fabric will cover the most areas.
My friend Rick at the upholstery shop gave me the seats I'm putting in it, but what I'm thinking of putting in the seating area will match them well I think.
I haven't made any firm decisions yet. I retain the right to change my mind two thousand more times.
LOL
I started the project by making a set of plans, then I started working on it and they went out the window. I just decide what to do as I go along.
Part of the reason for that is that it depends on what 'flows' to me that I can use on the project.
That is how my life works anymore. Things flow to me, I figure out how to use them.
Alistair isn't a virus, he is okay. Still seeking, but not a crazy nut job. I like him, maybe someday he will come over for a visit and sit at a campfire with me.
"Eat me, you mother..." Definitely brilliant marketing. Any candy bar that can generate that kind of passion would be a best seller;>)
And good lukc with your repair work. I bought an old '50s era camper about two years ago and have been meaning to start patching it up. Maybe I'll get around to it by 2010.
yeah Damn those pig-skin-throwing behemoths!
Post a Comment