Monday, February 26, 2007

Hillary country?

Helen and I went to a play yesterday afternoon, it was very good, and funny. Then we went out on the spit for a bit, there was some whales going by, cool. I haven’t worked on the camp trailer for a few days, need the weather just a bit warmer.

Winai….. Just as often as not, it’s the troubled and negative people in the world that help change it for the better. Jesus and many others throughout history were troubled and negative people, so there you go, you’re in good company. You can be negative in positive and progressive ways I guess, and bitch about, well, everything. LOL

Alistair….. Trackers and counters tell us one thing, that we are just specks of dust.

A man walked into a bar in Louisville , Kentucky and ordered a drink. While he was sitting at the bar watching TV, one of Hillary's political ads came on. After it went off, he announced to everyone, "Hillary is a horse's ass!"

The bartender reached under the bar and brought out an oak club about 18 inches long and hit the man square across the mouth, knocking him off his stool and onto the floor.

After a minute or two, the man got up, straightened himself up and said to the bartender, "I'm sorry. I didn't know this was Hillary country."

"It's not!" replied the bartender. "This is horse country!"
…..

What ever, America is one screwed up country and should be put out of its misery.
…..
WASHINGTON (AFP) - The gulf between rich and poor in the United States is yawning wider than ever, and the number of extremely impoverished is at a three-decade high, a report out Saturday found.

Ah geez, and this is such a sweet christian country. Christians wouldn’t think of screwing each other. What? You detect some bitterness in me? Generally speaking, the only good christian is a dead one. Just saying.

Honoring Goddess

I want to honor some women that I think are the cream of the crop when it comes to American women.
Anne Johnson at Anne
Rosie Griffeth at Rosie

And this lady, Erin Ambrose at a blog I just spotted, I haven’t checked her blog out a lot yet but I like it and her. Erin

I consider American women like these ladies to be some of the best women in America, far above the needy ones that have too much, want more, and don’t do much to help the world become a better place. And they help balance out the fact that God is cranky so much of the time. I’ll have more to say about that later.

And I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my neighbor, Helen, a woman that is so thankful for so little. My good friend Laurel Ann. And, Sewmouse, and Arizona Goddess. They are also okay gals in my book.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Some of the Best Moments in Life...To take an evening walk along the beach…..To laugh .laugh........ and laugh ...... remembering stupid things done with stupid friends…. To watch the sunset from the hill top…. To laugh without a reason. … To take an evening walk along the beach.

One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do

I have the book mentioned here, so it was interesting to find the following about it. Some years ago, Laurence J. Peter wrote a book about inefficiency in the business world. He called it: The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong. He sent the manuscript to McGraw-Hill. Their publications editor rejected it, saying, "I can foresee no commercial possibilities for such a book and consequently can offer no encouragement."

Peter sent his manuscript to 29 more publishers, and 29 more publishers rejected it. They agreed that its market value was limited. After 30 rejections, you'd think that Peter would give up on his manuscript. But he didn't; he sent it out one more time -- this time to William Morrow and Company. This time it was accepted. And how did the book do marketwise? It sold over eight million copies. Not too bad for a book that 29 publishers rejected.

The business of the New York journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon...We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumpingjacks; they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. - John Swinton, former editor of the NY Times (said AFTER he retired)

You needn't think there is nothing you can do - you can tell the truth.

In Chico, California: Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits is a $500 fine. (No shit)

In Alabama is a law: Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

My address is like my shoes. It travels with me. I abide where there is a fight against wrong. -Mother Jones

You can do one of two things; just shut up, which is something I don't find easy, or learn an awful lot very
fast, which is what I tried to do.-Jane Fonda

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.-Helen Keller

Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.- Louisa May Alcott

10 comments:

BBC said...

Kath Bee.... I'm actually quite 'straight' also. Whatever that is. But at times my sense of humor does seem a bit odd to some folks.

And yet, others relate to it very well. They are usually other troubled people. LOL

Hugs

BBC said...

Hey, just because I like to watch romantic comedies doesn't make me a pussy. There is nothing wrong with a man connecting with his feminine side.

Sewmouse said...

You're gonna have a hell of a hard time if you ever need to go to Alabama again, eh?

*chuckles*

BBC said...

Sewmouse.... I'll just blow my boogers into a baggy and drop them off at your place on the way through.

He, he, he.

none said...

Yeah I don't buy the poor people thing. How come they all have color TV's cable are obese and have money for smokes.

America has the richest poor people in the world.

BBC said...

You are right about many 'poor' people, Hammer. The ones that learn to work the system.

But I must get around more than you do because I know many truly poor people.

Even at that, they have more than people in other country's. My only point is that the rich have too damn much. And they are not all that happy.

Dr.Alistair said...

the rich do what they can.....the poor just suffer.

if many of the poor saw things differently they may have more money.

doesn`t mean they`d be any happier.

financially i do alright.

i pay my bills, drink too much coffee and hang out more than some people, like my ex, can handle.

i will probably close a deal in the next few weeks that will put me into a different place financially.......

but i won`t be any happier long term.

i will just have paid the bills further into the future.

frankly i think people take money far too seriously and that causes them thier poverty.

i think back and realise that i`ve never missed a payment in my life.

we get what we attract by focusing on it.

KATHBEE said...

Well, BBC I think you really piss people off!!

I just stuck up for you! Don't ask me why, but what the person said, hit a nerve.....AND I've had an email warning me against coming here!! People get sooooo serious about stuff. But then I think I'm just naive a lot of the time. That's why I write good kids songs!! =)

Ahhhh rejection...had a bit of it lately....get back up on the horse and prepare for another fall - liked the book story. Thanks.

KATHBEE said...

....and, well, yeah, I don't really know what it means either....hahahaha!!

KATHBEE said...

...oh and that must mean I'm troubled too......thought so. :+0