I don’t always make my own glues and fillers, only when I want really good stuff do I do that. It’s just more convenient to buy it in caulking gun tubes for a lot of jobs. Or I use FIX-IT-ALL for a filler. BTW, you can also make FIX-IT-ALL and products like that go further if you mix some sawdust in it. What I make with styrofoam doesn’t take kindly to sanding so it’s not good to use on a surface that you might want to sand to a good finish.But it makes for great no sag gates or waterproof joints on something that will be in the weather a lot. Like birdhouses and boats and outbuildings and such.
Anyway, what I do when working on a project that is taking a while, instead of screwing around with trying to seal the tube tips and then cleaning out the dried stuff the next time I use it I just put them in a can with some water in it. That keeps it from hardening and all I have to do is grab the tube, do a quick wipe and go to work again. If it is a plastic tube you can put a lot of water in the can, if it is a cardboard you just put in enough to cover the plastic tube nozzle. If I’m not going to be using them for a long time I put some plastic around the nozzle with some water in it and stick them in the freezer.
Yesterday I started putting framing back in the trailer. I got the frame made for the right rear window. Friend Rick lent me his spare staple gun so today I will staple the skin to it. Depending on the weather I should be able to start installing the foam panels soon. After I get them prepped that is, I still have to decide what material I want on them.
The Male Version of Maxine
Her job is to bitch, mine is to give her a reason.
How many men does it take to open a beer? None. It should be opened when she brings it
Why do women have smaller feet than men? It's one of those "evolutionary things" that allows them to stand closer to the kitchen sink.
How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart? When she starts a sentence with "A man once told me..."
Why do men fart more than women? Because women can't shut up long enough to build up the required pressure.
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, who do you let in first? The dog, of course. He'll shut up once you let him in.
I married a Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.
Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive by 90%. It's called a Wedding Cake.
AND WHAT DOES MAXINE SAY ABOUT THIS?.....
Wipe your mouth, there’s still a little bullshit around your lips.
DETROIT (AP) - An officer who arrested a man for cursing in a public meeting violated the man's right to free speech, a federal appeals court ruled Friday. The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a lower court's decision that Montrose Township police officer Stephen Robinson had probable cause to arrest Thomas Leonard in 2002 when Leonard cursed while addressing the township board.
At the time, Leonard's wife, Sarah, was suing the township over a towing contract. Thomas Leonard accused the board members in the meeting of cheating his family and saying, "That's why you're in a goddamn lawsuit."
Yea…… Godfuckingdamnit.

14 comments:
I have two staple guns, just not a real heavy duty one like I borrowed from Rick.
TZ sez....
My eight-year old daughter was standing in front of me lying her
through her teeth.
She paused for a second and I said, "What do you think I am, an
idiot?"
After thinking about it for a few seconds she said, "It's not
THAT bad."
"It's hooey. You never even had me doubting myself."
"Hmm."
"Yeah, 'hmm', now get your ass in your room and write 100 times:
'I will put some real effort into lying to my dad so that I
don't insult his intelligence.'"
Kids-these-days-ly,
How come we choose from just two people to run for president
and 50 for Miss America?
Great tip on the tube tips. I hate digging that crap out.
Wouldn't stapling through the skin of the trailer cause a bi-metallic corrosion issue?
I used to be misongynistic as a result of my upbringing but now I just take it all in stride and try to not get involved.
LONDON (Reuters) - An upmarket London beauty salon says it can give your hair the ultimate shine by treating it with a mixture that includes semen from thoroughbred bulls.
Hum...... Remind me not to lick any hair.
jeez.....bit of a sticky issue that.
um, i used to plug the tips of my caulk tubes with two inch screws.
misongynistic. natural state of the male over time.
not hating so much as really gunshy.
Gun shy? I'm getting really cranky about how women are these days. At least the ones around here. Oh hell, even many I see on their blogs. They can just leave me the hell alone.
i think hate is something that pre-exists in an organism. i don`t hate anything. i feel as if women are as confused as we are about relationships and how we get so far down the wrong road so quickly sometimes, and that it`s usually a misunderstanding over something trivial.
they won`t leave you the hell alone? in what sense?
I mean that they can just stay away from me. They all think they are Gods gift to men yet we can't even get along with them. I'm not trying any more relationships with those godless little monkeys. :-)
You do what ever you like with them, it's your brain they will be screwing with, not mine. As long as you have money they will want to play with you. So have fun.
You seem mean.
Latex paint tip,bbc...
1 cup fabric softner
1 gallon if water...
It takes about ten seconds
clean brush.
Uninvitedliketheclouds. ... I'm not mean at all hon, as the lady next door to me will tell you, I'm really easy going. I'm just tired of the women on this planet. They have fucked me over too many times.
Josh Williams, I'm not sure what you mean. Is that formula for a latex paint?
I've made my own paints at times but I'm always interested in learning new ways.
you may seem mean to some if you appear as if you won`t play the game........
The formula is to clean
latex paint brushes.
Bees/wasps/whathaveyou - if you run out of insecticide and Formula 409 - a little hairspray will do the trick too. Doesn't kill them, but it makes their wings too heavy and un-aerodynamic - they drop to the floor and you can vacuum them up.
Accidently sit in some kid's bubblegum on a park bench? Peanut butter will help get it off your clothes or out of your hair.
Ink pen stains in your clothes can be blotted out in many cases using hairspray. Spray the area well, then BLOT with a clean disposable cloth - don't rub - until the ink comes out.
Post a Comment