Thursday, February 15, 2007

Three meat turd

So I just cook what I have around, you know what I mean? The last time I lived in the Colville, Washington area it was on twenty acres in a little house that I had built, had a beautiful view of the valley. I was living the alternate lifestyle that I love, made my own electricity, packed my water, etc. Even made my own cool wood burning stove. The neighbors were a nice couple that liked to cook and they would have me over often to share meals with them. She always acted kind of cultured but this one evening after having had a wonderful Italian dinner I complemented them on it. She replied with “Ah, it’ll make a turd”. I found that quite amusing.

As a country hick I’ve never much been into fancy meals, especially paying for them in restaurants, although I have enjoyed a few good beef tenderloins and lobsters. While I was raised in poor surroundings at times I don’t recall a day of ever being hungry, we always had something that we could turn into a meal. And that is how I still pretty much operate, I look around at what I have here and decide what to do with it.

Safeway had roasted chickens on sale for $4.99 so I got one. After eating the good parts (I’m a breast man don’t ya know) I figured I should do something with the rest of it. So into the crock pot goes the picked clean chicken, two sliced up polish sausages, a half pound of cooked hamburger (I cook up ten pounds at a time and repackage and freeze it), two nuked russet potatoes, a can of stewed tomatoes, two cans of chili, and a can of kidney beans.

Hey, it’s what I had here that seemed like it would all go well together. I helped Helen waddle over to my place and we had some for dinner while watching Summers End, a very good movie. Yup, it’s tasty and makes a fine turd. Gotta love country, we know how to get by just fine. I saved the wishbone from the chicken, but I don’t really know why. It’s like I’ve always said, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets full the fastest.

Not that I don’t believe in cosmic mysteries that I fully understand, but I don’t bank on them, and I never ask it for anything, assuming that I will have what I need, and no more, and that has worked very well for me for nine years now. I’ll leave that other stuff up to the needy and greedy.

Ah shit, I forgot, most of you just want humor. Well, get the hell over it, there are plenty of blogs where you can just screw around and not take anything serious. BBC

4 comments:

BBC said...

Right on !
Sinfest

none said...

a lot of wisdom in todays post.

I like the wishing turd hand thing the best.

BBC said...

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet.

Sarah said...

I could not get over a cool wood burning stove how dose such a thing work lol ... luv ya