Saturday, September 02, 2006

Crude and Simple



This picture shows just how crude and simple my bubble machine is. But I don't care, it makes LOTS of bubbles. And the only cost was for small bottles of bubble soap so I could get the wands that came with them. Wands are hard to make even though they look simple, it's all the little grooves in them that make them work well.


Damn Blog Spot, I’m having trouble leaving comments at other folks blogs today.


Nick: My first beer? I was about fifteen I guess, we where camping out on the back lot. Swiped some homemade beer from a neighbor. Drank it all, just when we where turning in my brother pissed in one of the bottles. When Steve woke up in the morning he was thirsty and spied that bottle. The rest is history. LOL


As for your being unhappy with where you are at, you don’t have to be. I quit a good job and moved here in 98 after a dream. With a 1971 Ford pickup and an equally old camper on it, and just a few hundred dollars. Okay, it did take me all summer to move as I had a lot of stuff in Montana to get over here, I wasn’t letting all my tools and equipment stay there.


And I’m not a bit sorry, I’ve had some very interesting experiences since moving here. I know that others new to this blog don’t have time to go back and read all of my posts, but if they did, they would understand this strange journey better. There are more problem women in this area than I’ve ever seen before, but maybe it’s just because I have changed and am not willing to spoil them rotten anymore.


As for running, you should see the wonderful trail we are making here, I helped build and rebuild some of the bridges and things. When it is complete it will be hundreds of miles long with links to all sorts of other trails and beautiful points of interest.
https://www.cityofpa.us/parkrec-waterftrail.htm


Sometimes you just have to jump off the cliff and learn to fly on the way down my friend. I did, I moved here on faith alone. And there is room for one more good person here, you may not find happiness but you would be unhappy in a beautiful area. LOL…. I have my moments of happiness everyday, it’s all good, even the struggles. Where it not for them I wouldn’t know when I was happy, there wouldn’t be anything to gauge it by.


Some folks don’t understand why I don’t have a lot of compassion for the folks in New Orleans. Well, because I look at the bigger world picture, not at some Americans whining because they got in trouble for living somewhere they shouldn’t be living in the first place. They don’t have it that bad there compared to my seeing thirty thousand people a day dying of starvation everyday. Americans sure whine a lot.


I’ve lived through things like that, for one, the big earthquake in Alaska in 64. Life went on, we all got together and made things work and put our lives back together again, it wasn’t any big deal. If they rebuild there, and they will, they will expect the rest of you to pay for it. And if they get wiped out again they will expect you to have ‘compassion’ for them again. And pay out tax dollars to help them again. It’s just hard for me to have compassion at times when people keep insisting on doing stupid things. No one there is starving to death, look at the bigger picture folks.


I haven’t seen much in the main stream news about the big drive on the Internet to impeach Bush, but did notice a fair amount of ads promoting supporting your government and America. So, it looks like they are still winning and beating the rest of us down. Need to get some chores done before going to the peace rally. Have a good day everyone. BBC

No comments: