Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mary's apron

Mary was a beautiful woman, inside. She wasn’t bad looking on the outside either. I’m sure she didn’t have an enemy in the whole world. She was Laurel Ann’s mother, and moved here after her husband died.

She lived a basic life and helped many people, there was a constant flow of people to her modest home to visit her and her wonderful hospitality. When she came here I helped her get her place fixed up the way she wanted it, she loved plants and I set up a watering system and such for her. And I fixed things around her home that needed attention, things like that.

She adopted two young men from Kosavo (sp) so that they could stay in the country to go to college. It was a struggle with the court system, raising money, getting all the complicated issues worked through, but she stuck with it.

She wanted to learn to use a computer so I took her to Staples and helped her select one. I set it up and taught her how to do some things on it. She mostly wanted to do email and write on it. I have copy’s of what she wrote, mostly about her life. It sets under my desk now in case I need a backup computer. I took some of her other things and passed them on to folks that needed them.

Mary did so many things for others that I can’t begin to tell you about all of it. I would check on her often and do the little things that needed attention there, and she always kept ice-cream on hand for me.

Mary practiced a Quaker religion for the most part but she did look into other things. Heck, she was a war protester during WW11. The best part of me wasn’t even running down my mothers leg yet. I loved Mary, everyone loved Mary. She was a very intelligent woman, I could tell because she agreed with every thing I said. Just before she died I told her what heaven was and she got it. She died at home peacefully with great grace and dignity surrounded by those that loved her. She wasn’t interested in trying to prolong her life any longer. She figured that she had lived a gifted life and she was ready to go home because her body was used up. I’m like that, I figure that my death will be the next most interesting I do.

I was there one day and bitching some because I wasn’t getting any sex and she said something like "I would like to help you out, but I’m all dried up." Funny, I had never thought of Mary in that way. She didn’t have any problem talking about it though.

Anyway, yesterday I was at Laurel Ann’s and her sister Nancy is visiting her from California and they gave me one of Mary’s aprons. It’s a nice sturdy one like used in cafes, and it’s blue, about my favorite color for clothes. I wore it last night while cooking the friendship dinner, It’s nice reminder of such a beautiful woman.

And no, they don’t think it’s strange that a minister cuss’s there, the few that do, I just tell them to get the fuck over it. Well, I don’t cuss a lot there, I’m like a shadow, cuss if others are, don’t if they don’t. Mostly, but sometimes it’s hard for me to keep my fucking mouth shut. Besides, I’m invisible sometimes, like when I want another fucking beer, the barkeep can’t see me.

We love you Mary, you are always here in our thoughts.

Hey, check out yesterdays comic at http://www.sinfest.net/

A Catholic, a Baptist, and a Mormon are bragging about the size of their families. I have four boys and my wife is expecting another. One more son and I'll have a basketball team! Said the Catholic. That's nothing! said the Baptist. I have ten boys now, and my wife is pregnant with another child. One more son and I'll have a football team! You both should be ashamed of yourselves! Said the Mormon. I have seventeen wives. One more and I'll have a golf course!

I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree;
Indeed, unless the billboards fall
I'll never see a tree at all

After the summer break, our school computer system received some upgrades, including changing from 15 to 19-inch monitors. However, the system still had some bugs. One morning a colleague was using one of the computers when the principal walked by and asked how she liked the new monitor. "It's great," she replied. "The error messages are much clearer."

A guy shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at him. She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son." He answered, "That's okay." "I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom " as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."
She then went through the checkout ... and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mother." The little old lady waved and smiled back at him. Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine in to someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries. "That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.
"How come so much?! I only bought 5 items." The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd pay for her things, too."

DO NOT TRUST LITTLE OLD LADIES

The rest of this is heavier shit in case you don’t like to read the heavier shit.

I’m wondering, who is going to write the software that makes it impossible to bring the web down? That makes it self replicating and self healing and destroys anything that tires to stop it from allowing everyone to communicate with anyone on the planet.

I take all comers comments, it’s instant approval on my blog. I don’t care if someone rags on me, I like to tell them what fucking idiots they are.

God hates the bible, the Devil loves it. Think about it.

Jesus was a drunk, He had to drink in order to put up with his world.

The subject at the conversation café meeting next week will be…
"What can be done to improve our governments?"
When George sent me the email telling me that I shot right back with.

Nothing, monkeys are too fucking stupid to know how to build a proper government. :-)

This week it was about the Intelligent Design crap. I didn’t go, I would have been telling those that supported it that they where idiots and pissing them off. In his email George said that scientists can belive in God, my reply to him was….

Of course scientists can believe in God. They have too much respect for the order of the universe not to. But it's not in any Christian way. And the wiser ones see God as an evolution.

And of course they never come to any collective conclusions at those meetings. Sometimes I just get tired of meetings without conclusions. It's simple, if you don't agree with what I (God) says, you're a fucking idiot. :-)

Quote of the day… "Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do the listening." I listen to the cosmos, to Einstein and other great souls from the past, what in the hell do you people listen to? You pick up books written by idiots and read them, that is what you do. No wonder mankind is such a mess. You all need better shit filters.

A stupid email sent to me was telling about a lot of things that had happened in the past. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. Blah, blah, blah. It just went on and on. Who gives a fuck other than a lot of brainwashed people? All those old biblical stories are just a bunch of bullshit and insult my intelligence. During those times they thought they were the only people on the planet, and they fucked with their brains too much.

Have a good day everyone. BBC

11 comments:

BBC said...

Jlee. Don't ever wear a sexy red dress around me, I'll start having interesting thoughts. :-)

Dr.John said...

Well the first half was writen by a nice human being. You could have stopped after your tribute to your friend but it seems your ego demands that you proclaim your superiority to all the religious people in the world.well if that's what makes you feel important feel free.

BBC said...

Hi Doc, how's it hanging?

Anonymous said...

Some people only show you their "nice human being" side, and others let you see the rest of the shit in their head. Somtimes it offends me. isn't that great?

BBC said...

Hi Nick.... Yeah, I know that there are dark sides to the Doc. Have a great day pal.

BBC said...

Jon, the director of the Friendship dinners, likes to tell me how to do things. He is the one person that calls me God, even around other people. But he still likes to boss me around, he’s always telling me how to do things in the church kitchen if he is there. I’ve worked in café’s, I have a food handlers card, I know how I want to do things and cook. So I sent him an email telling him to knock it off because God doesn’t like people telling him how to do things. Everyone I work for learns that, but it doesn’t stop them from calling me to do things for them.

He shot back with, “Have another beer God”
He, he, he.

concerned citizen said...

I used to know someone kinda like your friend mary. Older people can make for really great friends. The trouble is they have a habit of dying on ya.

As for blog comments. I don't even bother with word verifacation.
So i get a peice of spam once in a while. Big deal.
I try to make as easy as possible for people to comment. having to go through a bunch of steps is annoying. To each his/her own.

You are so right about the bible story people.
The idea that they thought they were the only people on the planet does explain alot.
Like how did they know that the 'flood' covered the whole earth when their concept of earth was so small?
& of then course their 'God' had to fit that concept, also.
& now we have people still believing all that is true, still trying to wittle(?) the rest of us down to that size.
interesting to consider.

concerned citizen said...

BTW, have you been over to this blog. Gary knows how to attract women. By being nice, & polite & never cussing. You could take lessons.

JLee said...

Aw, that's so sweet about your friend Mary. Sounds like she was a precious woman. Hmm, I better put up my red dress, don't want any sinful thoughts entering your head. I am a Christian (kind of a mixture of Heathen/Christian) but I love ya, you crazy cat!

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Great story about Mary. A life like that is all anyone could ask.

Sister Mary Martha said...

You might like to visit me bbc. I love talking about hell.